HL2 on G-Phoria

I thought Valve would have gotten their ****ing act together by now and learn to stick to release dates and possibly talk with their fanbase why they can't make their release dates.

I missed it.. I probly dont eaven have the chanal anyways.

guinny said:
I thought Valve would have gotten their ****ing act together by now and learn to stick to release dates and possibly talk with their fanbase why they can't make their release dates.

THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED YET

Happy?

redrain85 said:
Check this out . . .

http://www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=47796&pg=2

One of the hosts got to try out HL2. Why didn't they show that? They didn't have any new levels or anything according to IGN, and whatever they would've showed wouldn't really have spoiled the game for us if they edited the footage carefully. :flame:

You can see CS:S behind the guy playing HL2..

edit: err..well..to his right...

I wonder what the top 2 games are...

One of them is most likely Halo 2.

I'm actually happy that HL2 is being slightly underhyped now - the whole 1998 scenario is forming: HL2 has no competition in FPS in the pc world, it is less hyped nowadays amongst normal gamers due to no proper release date. And hopefully, like HL shocked the gaming world back then, HL2 comes out of the blue and does the same. :)

Feath said:
THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED YET

Happy?

USING CAPS AND BIG TEXT SIZES DOESNT MAKE YOU COOL. AND THE GAME IS FINISHED. KTHXBYE.

lans said:
I'm actually happy that HL2 is being slightly underhyped now - the whole 1998 scenario is forming: HL2 has no competition in FPS in the pc world, it is less hyped nowadays amongst normal gamers due to no proper release date. And hopefully, like HL shocked the gaming world back then, HL2 comes out of the blue and does the same. :)

I know this is a HL2 forum and I am a HL2 fan, but you are forgetting about Doom 3. You may not think Doom 3 is good, but I (and a bunch of other people) absolutely love Doom 3.

Like it or not, Doom 3 did raise the bar in several areas (like its GUI, sound design, lighting/shadows, and its first 2 hours of gameplay).

As for HL2, I don't think it is underhyped. People need to be given a reason for them to be hyped again. Delaying CS:S doesn't exactly create hype for HL2. Once Valve sends a release canidate to Vivendi, I expect the HL2 hype machine to start back up.

guinny said:
USING CAPS AND BIG TEXT SIZES DOESNT MAKE YOU COOL. AND THE GAME IS FINISHED. KTHXBYE.

Based on what? You are complaining about Valve not telling you why the game isn't out yet, so I tell you. Unless you've had some contact with Valve, and they told you the game was finished. It's not. That's why it isn't out.

The big letters were so people would finally pay some attention instead of just complaining.

lans said:

No it isn't, not by a long shot. People are still excited about the game as ever and once it goes gold, the excitement will build up. After release there'll be numerous posts complaining how crap Half-Life 2 is, because it didn't meet people's expectations.

Game is finished. They've been "polishing" it for 2 months now, its getting old. That or they're LYING to us (wouldn't be surprised).They want it to be so perfect that theyre pissing off their entire fanbase.

Personally, i think valve is incredibly unprofessional. They miss their own dates, they stay in silence and don't talk to the fanbase (and no emails and the occasional post of bullshit doesnt count), and just recently they tried to cover up the cs:s delay by giving us 3 pictures. While they are incredibly talented, they have no communication skills, and are very unprofessional.

guinny, you != fanbase

Just because YOU are pissed off does not mean the entire fanbase is. For instance, I couldn't care less if they delay it until Christmas this year, if it'd be THAT much better. Yes, I'd be disappointed, but not angry.

Disappointed. It's just a game, it's not my life.

guinny said:
Game is finished. They've been "polishing" it for 2 months now, its getting old. That or they're LYING to us (wouldn't be surprised).They want it to be so perfect that theyre pissing off their entire fanbase.

What the hell are you on about? The game "Not being finished" refers to bugs and suchlike. It isn't just finished and then they just "Polish it"? The Game isn't ready for release, hence Valve haven't released it.

Personally, i think valve is incredibly unprofessional. They miss their own dates, they stay in silence and don't talk to the fanbase (and no emails and the occasional post of bullshit doesnt count), and just recently they tried to cover up the cs:s delay by giving us 3 pictures. While they are incredibly talented, they have no communication skills, and are very unprofessional.

Valve are well aware they have a tendency to miss some deadlines. Valve do talk to their fanbase, that's rather well known. Just because they fail to meet your standards of telling you everything that's happening (which most other developers don't do, and they get FAR less stick for it) you get angry at them for being "Unprofessional". Valve have told us news whenever they have any.

And the "Covering up for the CS:S Delay by releasing three screenshots" is just a laughable comment.

Shuzer said:

Your lying. You would be incredibly upset. And while it may not be getting to you right now, at some point it has, had, or will have. Valve is so talented yet so unprofessional and it really starts to become less of the game being delayed, and more of what kind of people there are at valve.

Feath said:
And the "Covering up for the CS:S Delay by releasing three screenshots" is just a laughable comment.

You mean the truth?

And no, Valve is very silent. But if greg or someone posts "hi" suddenly everyones on their knees praising valve for all their support.

guinny said:
You mean the truth?

And no, Valve is very silent. But if greg or someone posts "hi" suddenly everyones on their knees praising valve for all their support.

Valve had nothing to cover up! You are acting as if a slight delay for the release of CS:S is the same as if they killed someone? Valve have every right to release their products when they want.

Not when they give you an exact date they don't.

HALF LIFE 2 IS DEFINATELY SEPTEMBER 30th.
Missed.

WE'RE SHOOTING FOR HL2 THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.
Missed.

WE'RE SHOOTING FOR HL2 THIS SUMMER.
Missed.

CS:S WILL START PRE-LOADING ON THE 5th OF AUGUST.
Missed.

Then we can look at valves timeline.

HL WILL BE RELEASED NOVEMBER 18th.
Missed.

(ONE YEAR LATER) HL WILL BE RELEASED THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Missed.

HL WILL BE RELEASED NOVEMBER 18th (365 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST ONE)
Bingo.

Their track record is pathetic. They do have a right to release it whenever they want, but dont give us a time if you cant meet it.

I don't mind Valve taking more time to finish the game the problem is their constant ability to not meet deadlines that they tell us they will, it's just a little disappointing at times for me. As for everyone complaining about there being no new info at the G4 show did you really expect them to cater to us hardcore fans of the game, im sure barely any of the people watching the show have seen those videos of the game before.

*Sigh*. Forget it. I'm just going. Either the fanbase is saying "Give us a date, I can't believe Valve won't get us a date" or they are complaining that Valve have missed a date. Most of those dates have been in response to people asking Valve to give a date. Valve always have dates they are working towards and sometimes they don't meet them.

I just give up. It's pointless trying to convince the egocentric people who post here that the world doesn't revolve around them. Valve don't just pander to your wishes despite what you may think.

I'm still trying to work out what makes Valve so different from other developers. Why do people seem to get so angry at Valve and not other developers. Another game is delayed and they say "Fair enough, these things happen". Half-Life 2 is delayed and there's just a flood of hateful responses complaining about how Valve lie and are unprofessional.

guinny said:
Not when they give you an exact date they don't.

HALF LIFE 2 IS DEFINATELY SEPTEMBER 30th.
Missed.

WE'RE SHOOTING FOR HL2 THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.
Missed.

WE'RE SHOOTING FOR HL2 THIS SUMMER.
Missed.

You missed the March/April one :p .

The longer they take, the less I care. Pffft, back in September I was excited about the game - and maintained that through E3 this year. I can't be hyped about one thing forever.

Let them release it whenever they want - I'll get around to buying it eventually...right after I finish Doom 3, Fable, Rome Total War, Halo 2, the Sims 2 and about 10 other good games coming out this Q4. The longer they take, the more people will spend on other games before it hits store shelves (but they're almost guranteed to get that money sooner or later down the road).

Feath said:
*Sigh*. Forget it. I'm just going. Either the fanbase is saying "Give us a date, I can't believe Valve won't get us a date" or they are complaining that Valve have missed a date. Most of those dates have been in response to people asking Valve to give a date. Valve always have dates they are working towards and sometimes they don't meet them.

I just give up. It's pointless trying to convince the egocentric people who post here that the world doesn't revolve around them. Valve don't just pander to your wishes despite what you may think.

I'm still trying to work out what makes Valve so different from other developers. Why do people seem to get so angry at Valve and not other developers. Another game is delayed and they say "Fair enough, these things happen". Half-Life 2 is delayed and there's just a flood of hateful responses complaining about how Valve lie and are unprofessional.

How do you miss a date by a whole year?

Feath said:

No game, I repeat, no game, looks better than hl2. When your ****ing around with a masterpiece like hl2, you dont go telling a mass amount of people who are DYING to get their hands on it that u have a date, and then miss it, MORE THAN ONCE. It has nothing to do with the world revolving around me, Valve is very unprofessional as they dont say anything. The date they give comes and goes in complete silence with a ton of angry fans.

Unprofessional is too harsh. Id say clumsy when it comes to marketing? whose fault is that...i cant remember the name right now....damnit its on the tip of my tongue. You figure it out.

its like ... they think airing a a tv show with a brief recap of old stuffa bout HL2 is gonna be sufficient? they think ... nvm ... gay ... i want hl2

guinny said:
No game, I repeat, no game, looks better than hl2. When your ****ing around with a masterpiece like hl2, you dont go telling a mass amount of people who are DYING to get their hands on it that u have a date, and then miss it, MORE THAN ONCE. It has nothing to do with the world revolving around me, Valve is very unprofessional as they dont say anything. The date they give comes and goes in complete silence with a ton of angry fans.

Thats your opinion and I wont try and change it, but here is mine: Doom3 looks so much F**king better than HL2. Good day.

No i mean when we start comparing Doom III to HL2...

Looks will not matter.

The only thing that saved Doom III was its graphics.

I dunno dude... I would still love Doom3 if it had graphics that its predecessors(spell?) had.

Imagine Doom III with a story througout the game that was interactive and kept you on the edge of your seat.

With short footage of people being torn apart and things just bursting out infront of you in a split second screaming. That would be a game.

Doom III missed a huge target. Sure it has a story, but you forget about it amist the zombies and imps you constantly fight. It just gets annoying after a while... and the story is not a very interesting one at that...

Shuzer said:
And so says the guy who has one of the biggest post counts (ever?) on one of the biggest HL2 fan-forums to date :thumbs: ;)

guinnny is a total assclown. several games have been delayed a year or over.

oh and guinny what college do you go to? i think i used to talk to u on the irc place you were gonan go to same colleg as me.

Subz said:
oh and guinny what college do you go to? i think i used to talk to u on the irc place you were gonan go to same colleg as me.

Stevens Institute of Technology

rofl i was gonan go there. i went to rutgers instead. sit wasn't mah thang.

Back