HL2 on Hard completed with 0 total damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure which is more amazing... the feat itself.. or that you took the time to do it.

did you know in real life if you got shot once you probably would have about 50 health in a game and shot again you would die, med packs would probably take about 2-3 weeks to heal a wound but in hl2 the combine shoot you about 100 times with 1 damage bullets (maybe its the suit) and grenades get blown in your face which probably would rip you to shreds in real life and with the suit on, good job in beating it without getting shot, like a real soldier

Instead of saving saving saving... "Which is no big deal... Anybody with patience can do the same"..... What if we... See how far you get without getting shot... No saving or loading.. Yust... HOW far... :p

I know this has probably been answered but it would take me an amazing time to read through the whole thread and find it (and i've got wrestling soon) so if somebody could clue me in on this.

Wasn't there that one part in "Highway 17" where you first encountered a gunship and there was a large jump ahead. I tried to jump repetedly I remember and kept falling to my doom, then I used boost to jump over and I made it.

I want to know, how did you/he make it over the jump without the buggy?

ok anyone remember where the combine beat you down in the beginning and alyx saves you

it has to happen this would be the only time you would get hurt

jmjneary said:
ok anyone remember where the combine beat you down in the beginning and alyx saves you

it has to happen this would be the only time you would get hurt

I don't recall seeying that you get hurt.. since you stand up with 100 health...I don't recall having a health bar either in that part of the game yet... anyways.. you black out and after everything turns black you get "beaten up" but it's more like: he tries to hit you, and Alyx shows up i think.

yo props to you kelarain, you da man.
I think what's even cooler is that youve taken the time to systematically shoot down all the guys who have tried to find a hole in your story- it obviously can be done.

Im curious how much use you made of your squad in the later chapters in city 17, i can think of a cople of bits they would come in pretty handy to draw fire- even tho they're pretty crap

kelerain said:
I have just completed the game, on hard mode, without taking damage. At all. None, nada. I played every section of the game, in a continous game (with a bajillion saves of course). I did not use cheats.

When I passed Highway 17 and Sandtraps on foot I had to cheat once in order to jump over the bridge that is found after the crane that you get to use. There is no way to climb the mountain, it is impossible to swim around the beach without getting killed by the leeches, and it is impossible to make this jump without the buggie, as someone mentioned earlier.

Since you said that you used no cheats, and I say that noclip is necessary in order to complete this part on foot, do you care to explain how you did it?

So far I have no reason to believe that you completed HL2 with 0 damage without using any cheats.

Wow, he wins the award for most time wasted on HL2

GOETHE. STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS.

There are PLENTY of RECENT threads to post your nonsense.

If you READ the thread, or had enough brains to know how to get past that part, we wouldn't be having a problem here.

vegeta897 said:
GOETHE. STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS.

There are PLENTY of RECENT threads to post your nonsense.

If you READ the thread, or had enough brains to know how to get past that part, we wouldn't be having a problem here.

My friend I bet I have more brains than you do. Intelligent people don't get upset over trivial stuff like this. I suggest you keep taking your medication.

No-ones getting upset. I'm just warning you because if you keep this up you can expect your warning level to increase.

Get me?

vegeta897 said:
No-ones getting upset. I'm just warning you because if you keep this up you can expect your warning level to increase.

Get me?

Digging up 'old' threads is now a punishable offense... whatever you say mod.

Repeatedly doing it and not even bothering to read the thread beforehand is called spam. THAT is a punishable offence.

And I prefer "Forum Police" :)

madcat75 said:
no proof no care
Then why bother posting. No-one cares that you don't care. You just made yourself look all negative there.

Try this: Can you prove that he DIDN'T do it?

Bullseye said:
I don't recall seeying that you get hurt.. since you stand up with 100 health...I don't recall having a health bar either in that part of the game yet... anyways.. you black out and after everything turns black you get "beaten up" but it's more like: he tries to hit you, and Alyx shows up i think.
Well, you were only stunned... but still, that's gotta hurt. :rolleyes:

That bridge you need to boost over, well, as you go underneath it to the crane, on your left is an area that looks un climbable, but you can slowly walk/jump all the way up. It is easy as I did it first try :D But the saving of Games you must have done..is your Hard Disk still alive :p

kelerain,

Sorry to see all the senseless persecution going on here. You never came across as bragging or anything but just wanting to help other people that might try to do the same. Good job.

Actually, this is not something "any monkey could do" with a bjillion saves.

Seems to me that one of the hardest parts in the game was somewhere in the middle where you have to get off the boat to go up and open a gate. I remember using the .357 magnum so it must have been given right around there.

But there is a part where you run up some stairs, blast a combine, have a gunship firing at you, run into another combine releasing a manhack, then around to a couple other combine near open containers that you run through to get inside a warehouse that is full of combines and manhacks. That part is hard enough to get through without dying let alone without getting hit. How did you do it? If you somehow could piece together a demo of just that section I think all the doubters would shut up. Because if you can make it through there without getting hit, you can make it through anywhere.

You can bypass that part by just killing the combine on the ledge at the waters edge and jumping onto the ledge he was on and opening the gate :D There are a few threads that show this, or look at the speed run videos ;)

Bullshit. Sorry but, bullshit. In the buggy part you need the buggy to load the various parts of the area. It does not load without the buggy. Therefore you must have used ch_createjeep.

hbegg said:
Bullshit. Sorry but, bullshit. In the buggy part you need the buggy to load the various parts of the area. It does not load without the buggy. Therefore you must have used ch_createjeep.

actually, you can do it without the buggy.

Let sleeping threads lie. Or else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back