hl2 only six chapters

ya there's no way thats all of the maps - pretty much the exact same list as the leak with a very few additions...and some subtractions like all the e3 demo's...how many maps were there in HL1? if thats really all of them they must be really huge, in which case, load times are going to be a bigger problem than we thought...

can someone please let us know where and how these files were found in the pre-load? - there is also a chance these are in archived form with more sub-headings under each title...

I don't know what you guys are talking about.. there are actually more HL2 related maps in this preload then there were in the beta.

If someone put ANYTHING in black bars i would highlight it, but im resisting this one, i played the leak and wish i didnt, it didnt really spoil anything, but now i want the entire game to be a TOTALLY new expierance for me, thats what im doing for FF12

I have to gfo get that inflateable rock so i can hide under it...better soundproof until HL2 is out

madFive said:
ya there's no way thats all of the maps - pretty much the exact same list as the leak with a very few additions...and some subtractions like all the e3 demo's...how many maps were there in HL1? if thats really all of them they must be really huge, in which case, load times are going to be a bigger problem than we thought...

The original Half-Life had 95 maps or something.

can someone please let us know where and how these files were found in the pre-load? - there is also a chance these are in archived form with more sub-headings under each title...

you can use GCFScape to browse the cache files. A mod-maker's best friend. They're in "half-life 2 base content".

Half-Life 1 had more maps purely for the reason that they had to make the maps smaller because of the technology when the game was released.

Half-Life 2 is capable of bigger maps, thus they can fit more of the gameplay into one single map.

I suppose the technicality is, in their advertisment.

"half life two will span across 12 chapters"

Not 12 maps. That does kinda suck now that most of us have already purchased it. No one likes tricks, but in the end, the gameplay/story and setting should be enjoy to carry us if the game is truly that good

aDidor22 said:

Not 12 maps. That does kinda suck now that most of us have already purchased it. No one likes tricks, but in the end, the gameplay/story and setting should be enjoy to carry us if the game is truly that good

I don't think ANYONE was expecting HL2 to only have 12 maps, and also offer 30+ hours of gameplay. :|

remember the cool ship in some of the screenshots? it's gone

aDidor22 said:

Explain to me how this is a trick?

rrm said:
remember the cool ship in some of the screenshots? it's gone

yea and the place it was going... beta players know... thats gone. Thats was mad cool.

Why is everyone focusing on the things they took out and not the stuff they left in?

To quote Troy McClure:

"If that's what they took out, the rest must be pure gold!

*cough*"

Only 12 maps? Must take upwards of an hour to complete each one then.

Any kind of cut content is always a downer- especially if you were looking forward to experiencing it, but hell, the game isn't apparently any worse for its diet...

i saw on this other forum where a guy posted the name of all of the chapters (from the leaked script), and there were at least ten, and they had actual titles too, similar to Half-Life 1, not just names like "ravenholm" or "citadel"

Well, if your like 911error (creating the entire topic, and with justice might i add)

This does seem alittle tricky, only in the fact that every person i knew that was expecting half life 2, not only cared about the gameplay and story, but the fact that the game was being pitched as signifigantly larger expierence than an average FPS. 12 chapters + , the signiture HL story progression, suprises ect.

Im sure some of us would be let down, and nonetheless feel tricked if all the listed maps here (along with what we know from E3/bink) came together to make a grand gameplay adventure feel shorten or clipped.

Of course im not saying theres only 6 chapters/maps, im merely saying if its true, and the maps never get revisited, and things start to seem shallow as you progress, id surely feel tricked, regardless of my personal hype. (Note Feeling tricked is a mild learning expierence, nothing big)

We should just all calm down, and brace ourselvs for the release, by the way, i'm just curious, how do you know they have taken the boat map out ? I mean, as everyone is saying those maps could be only half of the ones that are in-game, or they could have simply renamed them.

Plus, a lot of people will probably play hl2, play half life 1 source then go on to the mp side of things. So no worries, this game will still rule :)

( btw my first poste hi all :naughty: )

did you guys just completely miss my post? the script listed 10+chapters

iconic- said:
too bad you know where the final level takes place now :-/

No, the maps arent in order. See, train station is in the middle of the list.

I Don't see Ravenholm or Tenements on the list? They're probably under different names or something..

I suspect we will see all these 'cut out' maps in an expansion pack (that you pay for) in another 6 months. Just a thought.

if you all are trippin that much then don't play the godamn game... i'll be playing so screw you all. ignorant fools. thats right... I SAID IT

yeah ... you are so intelligent ... grow up ... cant wait to hear you then :)

koncept said:
if you all are trippin that much then don't play the godamn game... i'll be playing so screw you all. ignorant fools. thats right... I SAID IT
Good for you. Now, stop acting like a little kid :dozey:

Its pretty legit to be concerned at the drop of a pin (or a few cut maps) when it comes to the most anticpated pc game of all time.

I agree, its gonna be a killer game, even if its only one hugh map, but no one has the fact straight so we wontknow until we play.

As for being ignorant, didnt you just post about wondering if your gonna pay an 60 extra dollars just to upgrade your bronze pack which you payed 50 for? Common sense

Goombatommy said:
I Don't see Ravenholm or Tenements on the list? They're probably under different names or something..
IMO...

Ravenholm = Town
Tenements = Part of the trainstation segment of the game.

This doesn't make sense to me. At all. Where the **** is some of the stuff that was actually shown legally? Like others have said, Valve claimed that they had modelled an entire ship -- we saw outside shots of it, as well as several shots of you fighting the combine inside of it.

As for the beta teases, don't highlight if you don't want to know:
Am I right in thinking that there was a level where you were going up a ski slope?

Is this shit in the game, or not?

Half-Life 2 has 14 chapters. There are .cfg files for them in 'base source shared'.

All this panic is ridiculous. Worrying about what content was edited from a game that still has managed an average of >95% from all its reviews so far is INSANE. MAYBE IT'S GOOD THAT THEY CUT IT.

Those of you who "beta tested" HL2 need to stop fueling the fire by mentioning the "mad cool" locations that have been excised. If you're going to do that, you need to be honest and also mention that most of that shit was unplayably buggy, not to mention incomplete.

There's word that, of all the discarded content, the cool bits will make their way into HL3, so simmah down. If memory serves me correctly, they mentioned that some of the conent we're getting in HL2 was stuff they wanted to do in the original, but couldn't due to the constraints of limited technology and deadlines. And Half-Life was wicked cool. WASN'T IT?

i dont know why people are so worried,its gonna be fine,dont assume on how many levels there will be,and also,even if there is only "six chapters" it does not mean the game is gonna be crappy,we dont know nothing yet until we actually play it..

Eternity said:
This doesn't make sense to me. At all. Where the **** is some of the stuff that was actually shown legally? Like others have said, Valve claimed that they had modelled an entire ship -- we saw outside shots of it, as well as several shots of you fighting the combine inside of it.

As for the beta teases, don't highlight if you don't want to know:
Am I right in thinking that there was a level where you were going up a ski slope?

Is this shit in the game, or not?

no, that was a fan made map by...iv? mabye. It was kinda small, but cool

lmao me grow up, haha like you don't have any growing up left to do... dumbass.

how bout, piss off.

like i was saying, keep crying, i'll be playing half life 2 when it comes out.

Griever said:
Half-Life 2 has 14 chapters. There are .cfg files for them in 'base source shared'.

*cough*

No worries people.

Eternity said:
What's this talk of the
artic
, then?
I'm confused about that one too. That map file wasn't in the beta I have.. although admittedly I never played the campaign maps, so maybe it states it in game.

atric is kracken base. That is where you meet mossman in the begin of the game. its a under water base in the artic... taken out of the game. if you have the beta go to the VO folder and look up kliener_teleport kracken_teleport... its all been taken out so its safe to listen too. massive plot and all the lvls to it have been removed.

Massive spoiler dont look if you dont wanna know its about the
artic

Back