HL2 Preload today?

HL2 Preload Today?

• Yes, it is going to happen...

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • Maybe, if the big guy wishes it to be...

Votes: 56 26.4%
  • Nope, another delay...

Votes: 53 25.0%
  • Lost interest...

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
Ikerous said:
It doesnt signify any milestones :-/ Its really entirely unimportant.. it signifies that Valve have finished making a couple textures... >_> I would hope so by now...

Way to go with the worst logic ever. What would be the point of letting gamers pre-load HL2 on their computers but let them actually play the game like six months later?

Seppo said:
Ikerous said:
It doesnt signify any milestones :-/ Its really entirely unimportant.. it signifies that Valve have finished making a couple textures... >_> I would hope so by now...

Way to go with the worst logic ever. What would be the point of letting gamers pre-load HL2 on their computers but let them actually play the game like six months later?

Its called hype and bullshit.

The publisher will still have to greenlight the textures and wavs. You guys don't think they can just sneak content past the publisher do you?

I bet if it pre-loads today it will go gold shortly after. It prolly allready is, they just want to announce it later (to make sure CD-printshops don't hit a snag)

mirageacg said:
Wow, why even come here with that attitude, seriously, some people on this forum are major dicks, for those following this game for some time now, a preload signifies a major milestone in the final release of the game. So basically **** OFF!

And the only reason why I flame you is due to the fact that you always post negative comments or put others down, so I ask my question again, why are you here?

i cant help that you guys are idiots. who cares about a preload. ill be happy when they announce gold. this thread should be
When is the game gonna go gold.
not
when are they gonna preload some files that dont signify shit because its only files that wont change and the reason they are sending them to me is to save bandwidth on what you have to download in the future sometime which could be a couple of weeks to a couple of months from now , no one knows because a preload doesnt mean anything except for me somehow thinking a preload means hl2 is almost finished, which is dumb because preloading doesnt mean anything in this instance because they are only files that wont change.
its like me preloading the title of my book to my publisher, doesnt mean my book is almost done just means i have a title for it and im dead set on using that title and it wont change.

but since you guys dont seem to understand that you make 12 threads a day worrying about whether or not hl2 is gonna preload today. im just trying to show you how stupid you all look but dont listen to me just go on crapping your pants about something that doesnt mean as much as you're making it out to be.

acme420 said:
i cant help that you guys are idiots. who cares about a preload. ill be happy when they announce gold. this thread should be not its like me preloading the title of my book to my publisher, doesnt mean my book is almost done just means i have a title for it and im dead set on using that title and it wont change.

I've never seen you post a single positive comment, you always act like an ass and you always flame others for no reason. No one asked you for your opinion, and before you say "it's a forum I'm entitled to post my opinion" let me tell you: you're not entitled to anything when you act like a complete ****wad.

FOAD.

They are going to the valve thing to do and wait till 11:59 PM to preload it. (or just delay it again like everything else)

CB | Para said:
I've never seen you post a single positive comment, you always act like an ass and you always flame others for no reason. No one asked you for your opinion, and before you say "it's a forum I'm entitled to post my opinion" let me tell you: you're not entitled to anything when you act like a complete ****wad.

FOAD.

ask me if i give a shit.

go ahead ask me.

he just called me a ****wad and then told me to foad and i should knock it off.....lol you guys slay me.

I don't know why, but I somehow still have faith in the company today. :| Call it a hunch, but I think it's gonna happen.

acme420 said:
he just called me a ****wad and then told me to foad and i should knock it off.....lol you guys slay me.
Actually, we were just gonna get to that, but seeing as you've just taken it upon yourself to call me and The Dark Elf "assbeef" through the reported posts system...

Bye!!

Chris_D said:
Actually, we were just gonna get to that, but seeing as you've just taken it upon yourself to call me and The Dark Elf "assbeef" through the reported posts system...

Bye!!
Now, on to CB | Para.

You should know a lot better mate, see you next week :(

Para, since you seem to often be involved in these little things, your banned for 10 days so you can chill out.

After that little *ahem* diversion... let me be the first to get this thread back on it's thread-mobile.

I think valve will either preload it today or give us an excuse. I seriously doubt they will just clam up and not tell us anything. Even if it's just a 'It'sdelayedkthxbye.' excuse like last time.

I hope so anyway...

jabberwock95 said:
After that little *ahem* diversion... let me be the first to get this thread back on it's thread-mobile.

I think valve will either preload it today or give us an excuse. I seriously doubt they will just clam up and not tell us anything. Even if it's just a 'It'sdelayedkthxbye.' excuse like last time.

I hope so anyway...
They gave us a fair enough reason last time. I'm pretty confident it will pre-load tonight.

Some people have had a point though - it's not that much of a big deal.

All it simply is are encrypted versions of certain content of the game that isn't going to change from now up until release. It's really not a big deal IMO./

Personally, I don't give a shit if it pre-loads today or not.

2 weeks ago when murmors of pre-loads began I got excited, but now all I'd be excited about would be the fact that HL2 would be in the 'coming soon' section of Steam.

I don't understand the anger of people about the preload...

What do you plan on doing with the preload before Half-life 2 comes out? Are you gonna sit there and stare at it all day? Please tell me because if there is a reason to be angry, I would much like to know it so I can be angry as well.

RomeoJGuy said:
I don't understand the anger of people about the preload...

What do you plan on doing with the preload before Half-life 2 comes out? Are you gonna sit there and stare at it all day? Please tell me because if there is a reason to be angry, I would much like to know it so I can be angry as well.

a delay is a delay. preload is the next step towards release.

Well i think most of us see this Preload as a proof that either,
- The game is Gold soon or
- That some progress (that we can see/touch even ;)) is being made.

didnt halflife 2 come out last year? im sure my frind had it i remember him showing me to it.

Miles Prower said:
didnt halflife 2 come out last year? im sure my frind had it i remember him showing me to it.
acme420,

Can you stay banned please mate?

If you really wish to get your account back, then please follow the correct procedure as listed in the forum rules.

Thank you.

Miles Prower said:

lol! Yes, I'm sure that was the final version of HL2... :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh... it was a troll. :hmph:
Idiots.

Wowbagger said:
That some progress (that we can see/touch even ;)) is being made.

That gave me a disturbing image of HL2 fans sitting stroking their monitors murmering 'Mmmmmm, half life twoooo...' :eek:

But it's true, it will be nice to see some progress on the game, just so we know valve haven't spent $40,000,000 on coffee and donuts.

Chris_D said:
acme420,

Can you stay banned please mate?

If you really wish to get your account back, then please follow the correct procedure as listed in the forum rules.

Thank you.

Ha, pwnt

If they release the preload today I would be soooo happy, all us beta holders will change the new textures with the old ones and maps if there are any in the preload.... :LOL:

waiting for Half Life 2 has become a tedious chore, almost to the piont where playing Half Life 2 wont even be worth it. it became almost drawn out, and the over all anticipation has in a way "vanilla'd" out.

Pitbul said:
waiting for Half Life 2 has become a tedious chore, almost to the piont where playing Half Life 2 wont even be worth it. it became almost drawn out, and the over all anticipation has in a way "vanilla'd" out.

so you post on hl2.net forum soley for the social interactivity? :cheese:

How about instead of sitting around waiting do something else, enjoy life. It is people like you who waste space. The fact of the matter is Valve is like any other company. Almost every company has delayed before once in their development career. Sims 2 delayed. HL1 delayed. DNF delayed. Many more that I will list if you like!

Preload or not... today was the first day back in college and i have homework to do while waiting 8)

poseyjmac said:
so you post on hl2.net forum soley for the social interactivity? :cheese:

its become a habbit almost, HL2 still has some anticipation just to see if its all its made out to be, but its just nowhere near as much anticipation....

jabberwock95 said:
That gave me a disturbing image of HL2 fans sitting stroking their monitors murmering 'Mmmmmm, half life twoooo...' :eek:

But it's true, it will be nice to see some progress on the game, just so we know valve haven't spent $40,000,000 on coffee and donuts.

gabe only spend half of it on donuts.

Pitbul said:
its become a habbit almost, HL2 still has some anticipation just to see if its all its made out to be, but its just nowhere near as much anticipation for me....

yep yep yep

RomeoJGuy said:
The fact of the matter is Valve is like any other company. Almost every company has delayed before once in their development career.

Either I didn't understand properly or you have a wrong point in the sentence that contains the word "once" ;]

And no it's still not going to happen =p (c'mon it's monday, they cba duh ;p zzz)

poseyjmac said:
yep yep yep

at what point did i say i was speakign for someone else, dont make me bitch slap you...seriously...i will...

Pitbul said:
at what point did i say i was speakign for someone else, dont make me bitch slap you...seriously...i will...

lol. someones on the verge of a break down..maybe hl2 means more to you than you thought :LOL:

Ikerous said:
CONE-ZONE!! Best UserName ever ^_^
(Sorry about being entirely off topic...)

You know what i call this? *points to engine* I call it the ranch, you know why i call it the ranch?
"Why?"
Because its where i keep my 250 horses

Back