HL2 Preload today?

HL2 Preload Today?

• Yes, it is going to happen...

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • Maybe, if the big guy wishes it to be...

Votes: 56 26.4%
  • Nope, another delay...

Votes: 53 25.0%
  • Lost interest...

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
The only "Cone-Zone" I know of is from the tv show Late Night with Conan O' Brien. (good show and good joke too ;]).

edit: oh yeah just noticed your(Cone-Zone) post was a Conan joke lol ;p I remember rofling at that.

SiR_Winsteh said:
Surel if HL2 is getting ready for Pre-load today then it is finished so why havent they announced the game as gold
You must be blind, ignorant or both. How many times has it been posted thats its only parts of tha game that arent being changed??? (ie. textures/audio)

yup that was hilarious when he said about his car and the horse power, it was just so lame, i love conan o'brien!

its 9:00 PM here EAST hope I will see something on steam in 1 or 2 hours

I want to make 2 points

#1 since when can game developers slip content past publishers just because "it won't change"? The publisher will still have to aprove all the stuff getting by right? Textures can include content not that has to be evaluated to determine the ESRB. (or HL2 will take whatever ESRB they get)

#2 If we don't get the pre-load by 12 O' clock Valve time; can we agree that the binks were a lame way to appease the public? If so why is it impossible for them to get a release date right?

My nerves are raw. My eyes are bloodshot. I can't believe I keep coming back.

wonkers said:
My nerves are raw. My eyes are bloodshot. I can't believe I keep coming back.

I can't believe you care so much. It's a computer game.

And one that hasn't been released at that.

wonkers said:
I want to make 2 points

#1 since when can game developers slip content past publishers just because "it won't change"? The publisher will still have to aprove all the stuff getting by right? Textures can include content not that has to be evaluated to determine the ESRB. (or HL2 will take whatever ESRB they get)

Well, we can safely assume then that it has been approved then. I mean, Valve aren't complete idiots.

#2 If we don't get the pre-load by 12 O' clock Valve time; can we agree that the binks were a lame way to appease the public? If so why is it impossible for them to get a release date right?

Wait...I take that back. :p

I'm getting pessamistic and have posted delay :O

I am feeling like it's DELAY. Since when did Valve like this AIRPORT system of delaying everything.

DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED
DELAYED

Uhm , the other stuff didnt start till 10pm Eastern , so buckle in youve got 30 minutes. Im not even getting the preload I dont think.

I don't paticulary want the pre load either it just symbolises that little bit of progress :D

(spelling lateness)

...Why do they do it? Why? They must have no clue what this is like.

The same reason god invented Swedish air traffic control.

in 3 minutes it will be 10 P< USA EAST Hopefully something will show up :p

What this forum needs is virtual betting on valve's release dates, starting from last year with bink vids and the final game.

anyway about 2 mins to go before the most likely time of releasing it, doubtful though as for the CS:S beta they had told some gaming sites of the time they would release it and i think this is a bit more important.
Still its only unchanged content, hopefully wont have a knock on effect with the HL2 release date.

!!!!!!!!!

Something's happening! My steam is updating!

EDIT: Guess it's nothing....;(

Restarted steam and nothing. Bah, I'll watch Family Guy to pass the time until it starts preloading (hopefully...)

Have you people just sitting at your computers all day today waiting for Steam to show files of HL2 on your computer?

The Thing said:
!!!!!!!!!

Something's happening! My steam is updating!

Mine did earlier as well. Nothing to do with the HL2 preload, though. Or so i think....

Sushi said:
Restarted steam and nothing. Bah, I'll watch Family Guy to pass the time until it starts preloading (hopefully...)

Family Guy is like...the best show ever!! They should really keep making new ones, though. It's not on until 11:00, here though (Adult Swim on Cartoon Network :-P)

Mattigus said:
Have you people just sitting at your computers all day today waiting for Steam to show files of HL2 on your computer?

no some of us have been doing more with our lives and telling those people they are stupid, kinda like you're doing right now.

where will the d/l for the preload be, in the browse games section? oh wait 10:00 EST is here and nothing happened, maybe next year

ACROW_LEFT said:
where will the d/l for the preload be, in the browse games section? oh wait 10:00 EST is here and nothing happened, maybe next year

lol :rolling:

ACROW_LEFT said:

Oh wait, I forgot valve said they were doing it at exactly 10PM...not a second later.

/end vicious sarcasm

riTuaL said:
Oh wait, I forgot valve said they were doing it at exactly 10PM...not a second later.

/end vicious sarcasm

Well it's currently 840 seconds later, and still nothing. What you got to say about that?

/end sarchastic sarchasm :|

I'm tempted to post a fake pic lol, but i'm not mean, managed to get the pic from
http://www.steampowered.com/marketing/hl2_preload/english.html
into my CS update news box, not that i couldnt photoshop it in anyway

Sushi said:
I'm guessing something will happen soon, look at how much spare bandwidth is available...

http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

what i want to know is what happened at 8:07 to take up basically all the bandwidth :| maybe the content servers restarted.

You heard it hear first no preload today the game is delayed and Valve either lied or they lied. I'm not mad or anything but if the game doesn't preload then they simply lied about something. It didn't preload Friday because of some stupid CS:S update which is fine I really don't care. They did say Monday and because they blamed the update for putting it off then one could assume that things were ready to go and there weren't any problems besides available bandwidth. Well tonight they don't have that excuse and they did say Monday. So if it doesn't preload tonight then valve lied or they just ran into some unforseen problems with the servers or something. Let me restate that I'm not mad or anything just stating facts. The preload is just data on your hard drive but it also more than likely means the release is coming soon. If they keep putting it off that is of course a very bad sign for the game coming out anytime soon.

Surfer2374 said:
You heard it hear first no preload today the game is delayed and Valve either lied or they lied. I'm not mad or anything but if the game doesn't preload then they simply lied about something. It didn't preload Friday because of some stupid CS:S update which is fine I really don't care. They did say Monday and because they blamed the update for putting it off then one could assume that things were ready to go and there weren't any problems besides available bandwidth. Well tonight they don't have that excuse and they did say Monday. So if it doesn't preload tonight then valve lied. Let me restate that I'm not mad or anything just stating facts. The preload is just data on your hard drive but it also more than likely means the release is coming soon. If they keep putting it off that is of course a very bad sign for the game coming out anytime soon.
Lying makes baby Jesus cry. (Valve, take note)

In terms of network bandwidth, we're currently running at 4 Gbps, and will boost to 7 Gbps when we start pre-loading. We have the option of increasing that to 14 Gbps with a phone call (admittedly a really expensive phone call).

They are currently running at 8Gb/s however they have been all day and could be to do with CS:S beta

switch said:
They are currently running at 8Gb/s however they have been all day

Do you think they order for a set amount of days? Meaning that they buy the 8gb/s for Monday and it lasts from 12-12 instead of when the preload actually begins.

seinfeldrules said:
Do you think they order for a set amount of days? Meaning that they buy the 8gb/s for Monday and it lasts from 12-12 instead of when the preload actually begins.

yeh true, its just i was pointing at the fact that i dont know whats its been at since CS:S beta was released (i added CS:S beta stuff in previous post like 5 seconds after submitting :p )

Okay i think everyone at valve is home chuckling at us suckers who are staying up for this. I think ill go to sleep .

it started but oh its not it...Its CS:Source woopie..

Back