HL2 Releases 21st November 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Knobby

Hi all,

1st off i cant say where this comes from as it will cost me my job:eek:

But HL2 is being promoted in stores by Vivendi in the way of instore POS and they have booked it into store to run from the 21st of November 2003

Looks like that seems to be the DDay for HL2 since i cant see vivendi paying for window space 9 weeks after the 30th Sept release date that has been set by Valve

Cheers :farmer:

Well thanks to all that reckons this is BS, but im afraid not

I am a buyer for a major retailer and this info comes directly from our marketing diary and the 21st November is when vivendi has booked in all promotional activity with us and thats the reason i cant id myself anymore than this since it could jepodise any future working relations we have with vivendi

Trust me im as disappointed as the rest of you and have been looking forward to HL2 since its anouncement ;(

Originally posted by Knobby
Hi all,

1st off i cant say where this comes from as it will cost me my job:eek:

But HL2 is being promoted in stores by Vivendi in the way of instore POS and they have booked it into store to run from the 21st of November 2003

Looks like that seems to be the DDay for HL2 since i cant see vivendi paying for window space 9 weeks after the 30th Sept release date that has been set by Valve

Cheers :farmer:

Well I guess someone should tell ATI about the delay, cuz apparently they dont know yet...

stfu

On the official Half-Life 2 boards they have a sticky thread where all release date info goes, the rest are deleted. Maybe a sticky like that would be useful here?

The first line of ur post suddenly filled my vision with the word Bullshit written 200 times in bright red...

zzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzz.....zzzz....

Okay. Whatever. Thanks for writing.

crumbles

Wow your really stupid arnt you? How do you get by in every day life?

1.) no sources where you got it from
2.) they haven't gotten any info about valve
3.) the only release date gabe said was sept. 30

ridic, he eats what he finds and sleeps very little.

Re: Re: HL2 Releases 21st November 2003

Originally posted by Deadline
Well I guess someone should tell ATI about the delay, cuz apparently they dont know yet...

And Valve, I think Valve would like to know.

I can't wait for HL2 to be finally released so all these delay threads can FINALLY STOP!!!!!!!

Why would it cost you your job?

Why is it so secret?

i can't say where this comes from or it'll cost me my job.

but the president of the united states...that's right folks...george bush...is GAY!

also, ice cream isn't really made from any dairy products!!

ALSO! ALIENS HAVE LANDED!!!

/insulting sarcasm off

Here's what. If you "work for a company and can't say who you are", at least give us some detail about what kinda of company it is and what type role you play in the release.

"I work for one of the distribution companies and have seen invoice reports for such and such date. "

Or you could leak a memo.

Or just take a photo of you with a mask on in front of the purchase order. You as Zorro! That would be neat.

Or we could all wait until tomorrow night after either 1) a gold release statement or 2) an explanation of delay.

Thank you.

crumbles.

Originally posted by Feath
Why would it cost you your job?

Why is it so secret?

Exactly. Another reason in a long list as to why my bullshit meter is going crazy. Even if there was truth to this, how could he lose his job by sending info out on a message board where no one knows who he is?

POS promotions do not signify a release date. These promotions done to boslter sales. 21st November would be perfect for Xmas Sales. It would be 2 months after release and wave 2 of marketing would begin

Originally posted by crumbles

Or we could all wait until tomorrow night after either 1) a gold release statement or 2) an explanation of delay.

Whats tomarrow?

Valve may not say anything for a few weeks, but's important to remember.

1) They don't have to announce it's gone gold. It would be nice but isn't not necessary.
2) They have to announce a delay, having fans walk into the shop on the 30th of September and not seeing Half-Life 2 isn't in their interest.

Overall, if Valve doesn't say anything for a few weeks, give them the benifit of the doubt.

...right...
and the crow fly's at midnight.

Why do people think they know stuff that they have NO idea about?

Lol, I made a new avatar, ITS FRANK! (Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?), hrm anyway I don't see why we would even want to here this 21'st junk if our knowing it won't change anything?

OK... Let's say hypothetically this is true.

What Knobby said was that Vivendi has booked all their promotion time starting November 21st. That could be because Vivendi doesn't think HL2 is going to be on time.

In that case, it's just gonna be Vivendi's ass when HL2 is out on the 30th, and all the promotion doesn't hit until November!

i bet they'd scramble to get some half-assed campaign out, but it would certainly be odd, having a game released with no ads in magazines, no previews, nothing until after the release.

Originally posted by Aethaecyn
Lol, I made a new avatar, ITS FRANK! (Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?), hrm anyway I don't see why we would even want to here this 21'st junk if our knowing it won't change anything?

Dude! I love that movie!

Originally posted by Maskirovka ALSO! ALIENS HAVELANDED!!!

AND THE ALIENS ARE GETTING READY TO ATTACK EARTH!!!

but i can't say where this comes from or it'll cost me my job. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolling:

Today is the last gold date mentioned unofficially by official sources. If they expect to release the game on shelves, tomorrow is possibly the final due date, as it takes roughly two weeks from gold to the shelves.

I've been very patient and trusting of valve, but I'd be dissappointed with them if they didn't have a statement by tomorrow night either way.

crumbles

Vivendi aren't in charge of the Marketing, Valve are.

That's why Doug Lombardi is talking about the game and not some Vivendi Rep.

I've wrote a thread further down the board "Don't expect any press releases from Vivendi" with a bit of evidence.

Originally posted by crumbles
Today is the last gold date mentioned unofficially by official sources. If they expect to release the game on shelves, tomorrow is possibly the final due date, as it takes roughly two weeks from gold to the shelves.

I've been very patient and trusting of valve, but I'd be dissappointed with them if they didn't have a statement by tomorrow night either way.

crumbles

The nearest thing to a golddate was an article by Gamestar which didn't mention a source. That said the 13th of September.

Most of the "estimated gold dates" are conjecture.

You tell em, Feath.

What does your name rhyme with?

crumbles.

Crumbles rhymes with bumbles.

....right

keep telling yourself that para ;)

even an extra 1 day would kill me i think.

I don't care if it delayed, as long as its coming this year.........

gorgon i would start one for you because of your avatar :/ damn thats annoying ;) :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back