HL2 SP MAP RELEASE: Antlion Troopers

you should get working on the map II, and not keep coming on here, but thanks for doing so anyway!!!

rf

wtf, they all bandwidth exceed limit,

any pics for this mod ?

Cool, that looks much better looking forward to this one. :)

sort out your bandwidth limit mate, get a better provider or somewhere else to upload it :)

Agh.....

Its on frontpage fileplanet. I already told mods in another post to please edit my post.

I hope the opening gunship ride doesn't take too long. I loved being able to just load up Antlion troopers and get right to playing.

Good job dude! You've got a good thing going here. :cheers: Keep it up. :thumbs:

how will the scene look, will you fly in the canyon? if so, will you see a vast landscape with some random cracks and you'l fly into one, maby seeing some fast zombies running in packs on the bottom getting taken down by antlions.

oh man i think we should give him a break, hes been pulled into the mod world by his one map and now were all requesting things that really we have no right to...oh welll

ETA! ETA! ETA! LOL

HL2 cant handle what is requested. You do start coming from above but you dont see for miles there is rock wall most place. I may expand it after I get the map further done and see how fps is doing.

you could do it with a skybox can't you? making the scale model and project it all around the level, anyway, this stuff looks very promesing, I will surely play it and enjoy it.!

Keep it up!

Yeah if you want to make a long flight high over land, then just have the player fly through a corridor with skybox textures on all of the brushes. I'm not sure how you did the 3d skybox in your first antlion map, but from within the base the entire skybox is just all fogged up, while the land it connects with isn't fogged at all, creating that weird effect where you can clearly see the square shape of the level.

Perhaps you need to make the area you made the 3d skybox in a little smaller? Is there some way to disable or extend the fog distance in the skybox? Once I have finished reinstalling the steam SDK I'll have a play around with 3d skyboxes and see if I can come up with a slightly more substantial suggestion for you :)

In the meantime, I'd still definately suggest having the player flying through a tunnels and rooms all textures with sky if and then flying into the canyon if you want to have a big intro like that.

Ah sweet, found it.

Check the properties of your sky_camera entity, you can fiddle with skybox scale, distance at which fog starts appearing, and distance at which the fog is fully solid and can't be seen through (opaque). For huge scenes I'd suggest making it a really small scale, and increasing the distances at which the fog starts and ends.

Romeo, how bout a version that just puts you right in the base to start playing like the first one?

I replayed this mod today on host_timescale .4 and it was a BLAST. I really like the music (wish there was more) and the non stop stream of enemies. For those who have had problems beating it:

Leave the 3 turrets alone. Take the 2 turrets and put one on each side of the ammo box and stand BEHIND the ammo box. You can ammo up at any time from here. Protect the turrets and they will protect you. When a wave ends RELOAD.

Anyhow, thanks again Romeo, great fun you have given us, yes.

Acert93 said:
I replayed this mod today on host_timescale .4 and it was a BLAST. I really like the music (wish there was more) and the non stop stream of enemies. For those who have had problems beating it:

Leave the 3 turrets alone. Take the 2 turrets and put one on each side of the ammo box and stand BEHIND the ammo box. You can ammo up at any time from here. Protect the turrets and they will protect you. When a wave ends RELOAD.

Anyhow, thanks again Romeo, great fun you have given us, yes.

Just take 1 turret from the corner with 3 turrets so that 2 remain, then take it behind the ammo box. You won't need to fire a single shot.

No! I Will Not Let This Thread Be Thrown Away! U Must Talk! Keep This Thread Alive Dammit!

If anyone wants to see their computer get pwned:

1. Begin the antlion troopers level
2. Type "cl_ragdoll_collide 1" into the console
3. Watch your framerate slowly drop as the bodies pile up
4. take screenshots like this

The dropship ride is not long so I dont see the purpose of it being removed in another version. As you land outside the base which is in the middle of an attack.

oh and that skin there is created by (Fragger) and used with his permission. ;)

i cant wait personally, like the wait between going gold and release for hl2 itself...

rf

I hate to sound selfish and impatient, but how long till version 2?

RomeoJGuy said:
Also if you visit hl2world perchance you'll know I have been adding some new elite skins for commanders. Not only that but all of the skins and the original are in the map. Not just being replaced. :bounce: Pic later of it because compile just came up for test time.

http://img7.exs.cx/img7/5913/antliontroopersduece00011ez.jpg

Don't you dare use those skins :/

Looks exactly like bone armor in ultima online.

bandwidth exceeded :(

are there any mirrors? can someone else upload this to a webserver?

bassport said:
bandwidth exceeded :(

are there any mirrors? can someone else upload this to a webserver?

Fileplanet.com. I also think Filefront.com. Btw, this was mentioned in the thread earlier :) Have fun, great little map!

is it just me or deos this map reduce fps to around 10? no matter what i do video wise it stays at ten when the ant lions come, is there anyway to reduce corp stay?

great map though :)

Back