HL2 to be leaked in day or two?

X

XbiosparkX

Dunno bout u guys...but this seems like a possible scenerio, ive allready seen a nfo for the game and few odd things poppin up on IRC and isonews

It's unavoidable. Don't worry about it.

i know but i wanna cry

btw is it illeagle still if i download it tho i have bought the game? does this count as a backup? not that im planning on downloading i would just like to know. Seriously.

XbiosparkX said:
Dunno bout u guys...but this seems like a possible scenerio, ive allready seen a nfo for the game and few odd things poppin up on IRC and isonews

Yes, you're bound to see the same old 2003 leak repackaged and rebranded over and over in the next couple of weeks. Whoopee.

Lets recap... Halo 2 AND GTA:San Andreas we're leaked before release those are two high profile games, that weren't even for computer (which holds the largest sway on warez)!! So the chances of half-life2 getting leaked are rather high if you ask me!

theyre not the betas, nfo's are poppin up now not actual game which means a group allready has its hands on the game

btw they state gold theyre not old nfos for the beta anon

Yes well, i've paid for it, it's ready, so if i do get the chance to play the leaked final version I will.

Steer clear.

Just be patient and wait for your legit copy.
You've waited this long already, what's a few weeks to you?

Why would a group make an NFO and distribute it without releasing the game,. they'd look foolish. Text files do not prove that any group has their hands on HL2.

yea...i hear that marius....and anyway i have a odd feeling valve is gonna press mad charges on anyone they find pirating the game

Stinks But I Already Paid

I've paid for it and am happy to give them my mullah if the game is as good as expected :)

f|uke said:
Why would a group make an NFO and distribute it without releasing the game,. they'd look foolish. Text files do not prove that any group has their hands on HL2.

in most cases it does...they would look like total douches if they make a nfo without a game.

XbiosparkX said:
theyre not the betas, nfo's are poppin up now not actual game which means a group allready has its hands on the game

btw they state gold theyre not old nfos for the beta anon

I repeat: You're bound to see the same old 2003 leak repackaged and rebranded over and over in the next couple of weeks. And Half-Life 2 forums everywhere are bound to be overrun with single-digit post count users proclaiming "OMG new HL2 leak????????" because of the chatter on their warez site of choice. Whether or not it's legitimate, it's retarded.

And no, downloading a leaked or stolen build does not count as your archive any more than bootlegging a film in the theater counts as an archive of a copy you plan to buy upon release.

its totally diff size then the leaked beta.

But ur prob right tho i shouldnt jump to conclusions

Everytime someone pirates hl2 a kitten dies

XbiosparkX said:
yea...i hear that marius....and anyway i have a odd feeling valve is gonna press mad charges on anyone they find pirating the game

I'd rather have Valve work on Steam then chase ghosts..

XbiosparkX said:
in most cases it does...they would look like total douches if they make a nfo without a game.
Yes. But it can just as easily be faked,. and since they haven't released it yet, and theres no guarentee that they'd be the first ones to get it out if it was leaked, they'd look like douches already.

Untill it pops up on nforce, I'm not believing anything.

XbiosparkX said:
its totally diff size then the leaked beta.

Really now, because I was under the impression that the stolen build RAR file comes in nine or ten different filesizes, depending on what maps / games / viruses got rolled up along with it.

Next?

Eh it'll happen no matter way. You can't stop it, so don't think you're helping.
It's not something to lose sleep over, every game gets pirated.

Last time i heard anything about this was "Wait until this weekend, thats all im going to say"

condition zero was leaked like 3 months prior to the release
same game too, no diff

Unfortunate, but by the way the entire Half-Life 2 production has gone, would it be surprising in the least? Nothing surprises me anymore.

Just another punch to the gut. It's too bad really, as much as Valve tries to help their community out with mods and such, they seem to get the shit end of the stick quite often. *sigh* Just goes to show you that nice guys do indeed finish last. ;)

if i find out hl2 has been leaked and working ... i will leave these forums till i finish the game

As much as I love HL1, and want to love HL2 (once I play it I'll decide, hoping I will though :p), I can honestly say valve had it coming if it gets leaked early. Show them to announce Sept 30, 2003... Bah, back then I would have had time to play games, now I'm in university! You suck valve.

Well if someone could just get there mitts on the retail package and register it via steam, then Valve will open the floodgates for the Steam buyers to download it. IE the sooner the game is released the less people will want to get the pirated version.

I seriously doubt that a warezed copy would affect sales..

I remember someone getting a legit copy of Doom3 a week or so before release and was posting screens on the internet.

What if the same happened with HL2? would Valve let everyone on steam play aswell?

EDIT: oh I see I've said pretty much the same as Robin hood.

well im off to bed....lets just all agree we hope it doesnt happen...at least this early God can grant us that much right? right?

SixThree said:
I seriously doubt that a warezed copy would affect sales..

Well it wouldn't if i got a warezed copy cos i've already bought it over steam

InFeRnO said:
As much as I love HL1, and want to love HL2 (once I play it I'll decide, hoping I will though ), I can honestly say valve had it coming if it gets leaked early. Show them to announce Sept 30, 2003... Bah, back then I would have had time to play games, now I'm in university! You suck valve.

Some people amaze me. How exactly did Valve, "have it coming" as you say? No company deserves their game to be pirated, it was hard earned and hard worked for. If anything Valve deserves a pat on the back for keeping the game secret for so long (and personally I would have kept it secret until it was in Gold status...) and still supporting the mod community of HL1.

Am I a Valve fanboy? Not quite. I also believe ID got shanked when Doom3 was released early, as did Bungie and Rockstar from both Halo 2 and GTA 3 respectively. No company "deserves" any piracy.

No. VAVLe cannot unlock HL2 until Nov 16 due to their contract with Vivendi.

And I'd think 3 months of piracy before anyone can even buy the game will effect sales.

f|uke said:
No. VAVLe cannot unlock HL2 until Nov 16 due to their contract with Vivendi.

And I'd think 3 months of piracy before anyone can even buy the game will effect sales.
By months you mean weeks right? ;)

i personally think its gonna happen.
just like the leak that had big murmerings of happening, and nobody believed. just give it 2-3 days, thats all i had to do last time

To think this wont be on the net atleast a week before we can get it on steam is nuts. then again... Wait a ticker....

Do you think that the authentication needs you to download something? Client.dll perhaps? If it had to download something imporant and small that would delay things a crap load. A hellof alot more than a protection would. Especialy considering the CSS release group seems to know as much about steam as valve.

Back