HL2 vehicles

B

bl4h

Anyone know anything about the vehicles in HL2? Half-life's vehicles were a bit primitive. Even so, the funniest moments ive had in multiplayer was on maps such as jeepathon2k (CS), where you ride around running people down. Theyre alot of fun in games like Halo and UT2K5 as well. Just wondering if they put anything extra into the vehicle physics, and will it be easy for modders to impliment into their maps/mods

they said it would be easy to add vehicles and they said they have some pretty realistic physics for vehicles.

Speaking of vehicles, I have seen a screenshot from HL2 in a sort of farmyard, to the left about 150yards away is a truck, a big truck.

The drivers door was open ........... now then...........:)

Am I the only one disappointed with the buggy and the swamp boat thingy?

There will be more vehicles than just the buggy and 'swamp board thingy'.

For all I know, threre ar 4 confirmed vehicles on Hl2.

chu said:
Am I the only one disappointed with the buggy and the swamp boat thingy?

Yes, you are, because they rock! :cheers:

I remenber in a interview whit Doug Lombardi he say that are a jeep

1) i meant 2k4
2) if i was going to dowload warez it wouldnt be via slow torrent

Far cry and UT2004 have good vehicles, but the physical simulation stops at seperately moving wheels and other parts, the buggy appears to have real traction on the road that struggles and lurches realisticly on starts and stops, and you can see the rods and springs moving in the suspension, (a nice touch) you just about make it out in the rollermine sequences, as for the airboat, ive heard very good things about it in the reviews, apparently the sequences are so good it could be its own game, a fast moving boat that can skim over land! whats not to like !

As for other vehicles, id say the apc can be driven somwhere (maybe) and there was talk of a jetski, im pretty sure there are other controllable vehicles like the crane in the game, but we only have a few weeks till we find out. :D

well, doesnt really matter if it there are only a few vehicles in hl2. if its easy for modder, we chould drive a toaster if we wanted to

The Following Vehicles Will Be In Hl2:

jetski
earth Mover
buggy/jeep
jet Boat
bike
strider

The strider is NOT NOT NOT NOT driveable. END OF. Its a Biomechanical thingy, not a robot

Peabody what a load of f***ing sh*te

Samon said:
The strider is NOT NOT NOT NOT driveable. END OF. Its a creature, not a fricken robot.

Have you played the game?

Have you thought there could be more than one type of strider?

Samon said:
The strider is NOT NOT NOT NOT driveable. END OF. Its a creature, not a fricken robot.

Gabe said it was a combine vehicle.

I know enough Peabody to confirm that the strider is not driveable

Vehicles i am aware of:

Buggy
Airboat
Combine APC

Samon said:

Vehicles i am aware of:

Buggy
Airboat
Combine APC

Guess you haven't played then.

Strider isn't a vehicle. Valve once messed about and turned it into a vehicle, but it WON'T be a driveable vehicle in the game.

KagePrototype said:
Strider isn't a vehicle. Valve once messed about and turned it into a vehicle, but it WON'T be a driveable vehicle in the game.

Link please?

Oc i havnt played it, but i know for a fact that the strider IS NOT driveable.

Samon said:
Oc i havnt played it, but i know for a fact that the strider IS NOT driveable.

So, you haven't played it, don't have any evidence and can't give me a link. What makes you think you are right?

Would you like to tell you exactly (with spoilers) why you are wrong?

bl4h said:
1) i meant 2k4
2) if i was going to dowload warez it wouldnt be via slow torrent
Hahaha I was just joking. :p

Peabody- Because it would be ALL over the reviews.
I mean something that cool wouldn't be kept down. You would think it would be in atleast ONE review.

Not driveable.

So Peabody you played the finished retail game?

I mean you wouldn't be basing your facts off an old leaked build. I don't think you are that dumb.

Samon said:

Vehicles i am aware of:

Buggy
Airboat
Combine APC

There is a motorbike too. Remember the vid.

It has been confirmed that the Strider is not a drivable vehicle (read the entire thread). How anyone can think that amazes me...The strider can't even fit a human, and it is OBVIOUSLY a robot/mechanical thingie (lol) .

chu said:
So Peabody you played the finished retail game?

I mean you wouldn't be basing your facts off an old leaked build. I don't think you are that dumb.

Yes, I played the final version -- from start to finish.

I would just like to stress that Alyx is not a vehicle in Half Life 2!

You can not ride Alyx!!!
:bounce:
_:rolling:_

And maybe the Strider's can be remote controlled or oterwise manipulated into destroying whatever you want.

I'm starting to believe creating mods with certain things in them won't be as easy as everyone thinks.

Think about it, if it were easy, why wouldn't Valve just create an HL2 DM Multiplayer?

I find it a little doubtful you played the game... may I ask when, Peabody?

Back