HL2-Will It Revolutionise YOUR Life

Dougy said:
Its a Computer game. :naughty:

and still only 2nd in my list of most wanted games this year.

1. Rome total War.
2. Hl2
3. Dawn of war plus any other decent looking strategy.

awesome Rome total war is on my top of the list too Dougy. Cant wait to get my hands on it specially after seeing time commanders episodes

vegeta897 said:
Errr, wasn't it "I have a Dream" ?

oh fine be like that make fun of me mock me, while im in such an unstable frame of mind, and actually as he said that in the past technically if he ever said it again it would be "i HAD a dream" i was only using proper english grammer but is that good enough for you no you have to make fun of me, God it makes me sooo mad :flame:

not really ... im a light hearted retard thats all.

vegeta897 said:
Errr, wasn't it "I have a Dream" ?

yes its "I have a dream" I find it extremly tacky compareing what martin luther king jr was fighting for...and getting ones hands on hl2..

Corupter said:
oh fine be like that make fun of me mock me, while im in such an unstable frame of mind, and actually as he said that in the past technically if he ever said it again it would be "i HAD a dream" i was only using proper english grammer but is that good enough for you no you have to make fun of me, God it makes me sooo mad :flame:

not really ... im a light hearted retard thats all.
Make FUN of you!?! I said it in the most light way I could manage! And you don't change the tense of the words in a DIRECT QUOTE.
It's not grammar.

Just thought I would tell you, nothing personal at all man...

zdub said:
yes its "I have a dream" I find it extremly tacky compareing what martin luther king jr was fighting for...and getting ones hands on hl2..

yes i suppose but meh what you going to do im no worse that Puplic relation people, or advertisers :naughty:

vegeta897 said:
Make FUN of you!?! I said it in the most light way I could manage! And you don't change the tense of the words in a DIRECT QUOTE.
It's not grammar.

Just thought I would tell you, nothing personal at all man...

i know im just messin with you :D but yeh as i am still in high school you will have to excuse any ill grammer or tacky comparisons to the some of the worlds most famous liberators like martin luther king.

but seriously this thread was meant to be light hearted and slightly crazy, and i think i acheived that with the minimum amount of insults and accusations of me being a raving lunatic.

"Patience my sons, for the time of judgement is near, when all the worlds creatures will look to the sky, and then be taken by the blinding heat of a a cd press, as the devils discs rain down there terror on hard drives across gods earth, and low, he spake the words, the words of the unspeakable man of G" ¬ Book of Lobster , Verse 2 Chapter 10

Lobster said:
"Patience my sons, for the time of judgement is near, when all the worlds creatures will look to the sky, and then be taken by the blinding heat of a a cd press, as the devils discs rain down there terror on hard drives across gods earth, and low, he spake the words, the words of the unspeakable man of G" ¬ Book of Lobster , Verse 2 Chapter 10

oh how i follow this book theres soon to be one in every hotel and small buildings of relaxation will sprout up and praise The Book Of Lobster

HL2'll revolutionize my life. In a few years I'm going into the games industry, and I think HL2 will be a big program to compare to (or HL3 or whatever other insane game comes out near that point). In other words, HL2'll force me to actually learn how to make cool looking games :/ lol

RblDiver said:
HL2'll revolutionize my life. In a few years I'm going into the games industry, and I think HL2 will be a big program to compare to (or HL3 or whatever other insane game comes out near that point). In other words, HL2'll force me to actually learn how to make cool looking games :/ lol

here here,

My friends this is a man with a dream he may well be a person that at some point helps in the creation of possibly half life 3 or doom 25 and a half
i would be nice to this man your future gaming depends on it ! :bonce:

AgentXen said:
All their character are so blocky! Their enviroments have washed out textures. And the architecture is so plain(i.e. mostly blocks with brick textures.) Reminds me of the N64.
Eww...

RTW's?

well sire when there is 48,000 of them little blocky guys (wich is BS btw) on screen at any1 time you cant exactly have them all featuring bump mapping and sporting doom 3's details can you?

aint nothing crap looking in these shots.

http://www.totalwar.com/community/rp10.htm
http://www.totalwar.com/community/rp7.htm
http://www.totalwar.com/community/images/br1.jpg

Now remember 48,000 of those guys with 200 different unit types plus 11 playable factions plus a campaign map wich is by its own rights another game for free = RTW more groundbreaking than anything else this year IMO.

brink's said:
it will revolutionise gaming and will be a big part of my life for the 20 hours it will take to beat.

I hope it takes more than 20 hours to beat....but of course then there are the mods....hmmmm..

dream431ca said:
I hope it takes more than 20 hours to beat....but of course then there are the mods....hmmmm..
And the multiplayer...

I don't know how you can place this admittingly amazing game ahead of HL2 though...

Its funny how the people who have posted hundreds and THOUSANDS of times on this forum act like they dont really care for hl2 and Coruptor who has only posted 32 times needs a life??? Maybe from all the waiting and posting you guys have gone numb, I dont know but holy shit I feel like this game is eating away at my soul.

I guess it will change people's lives since alot of people making mods will invest days and months and years into their mods. I think the game is gonna be fine but whats really going to change things is the technology, thats gonna be the main drive. The idea to create a virtual world as close as possible to reality, just like the matrix but ofcourse not that crazy. This is the begining tho. I've dreamt of this "freedom to do anything" type of game ever since I played my first 3d action/adventure. Maybe its not just a 50 million dollar and climbing "game".

lol this post is cool, its got a life of its own. Now let us pray

"Our gordon Whom art in valve, Hallowed be thy crowbar..."

vicefredav444 said:
Its funny how the people who have posted hundreds and THOUSANDS of times on this forum act like they dont really care for hl2 and Coruptor who has only posted 32 times needs a life??? Maybe from all the waiting and posting you guys have gone numb, I dont know but holy shit I feel like this game is eating away at my soul.

I guess it will change people's lives since alot of people making mods will invest days and months and years into their mods. I think the game is gonna be fine but whats really going to change things is the technology, thats gonna be the main drive. The idea to create a virtual world as close as possible to reality, just like the matrix but ofcourse not that crazy. This is the begining tho. I've dreamt of this "freedom to do anything" type of game ever since I played my first 3d action/adventure. Maybe its not just a 50 million dollar and climbing "game".

Its a computer game, realise that.
--------------------------------------------------------------

And no1 is arguing with RTW and its "blocky units" now that ive posted some screens aye?

Dougy said:
Its a computer game, realise that.
--------------------------------------------------------------

And no1 is arguing with RTW and its "blocky units" now that ive posted some screens aye?

Are you trying to be a troll ?

vicefredav444 said:

YOU ARE MY NEW HERO ! :thumbs:

Well you aint getting em, The master owns them now -_-

it will change my life in the way that ill be playing it all summer.Also be moding it like crazy...........

frances_farmer said:
this thread has wasted a few minutes of my life. and i want them back damn it.

as ive deemed your life worthless im willing to pay you nothing for the time you willingly spent reading my post. I did not force you, or hold a gun to your head, but if you would like me to then please by all means PM me.

:sniper:

Corupter:

HL2.net SUPAR-HERO

from headcrab to zombie in a single thread!

He's my hero at least. Can I get a revolution? w00t w00t

alehm said:
Corupter:

HL2.net SUPAR-HERO

from headcrab to zombie in a single thread!

He's my hero at least. Can I get a revolution? w00t w00t

Well i try my friend.

I think the threadstarter is quite right, HL1 did cause a revolution in gaming, it made it more public and a not so nerdy thing to do. It actually did help relax ppl after a longday @ school or work. And the ppl who finished HL1, just miss out on something compared to ppl who did. It's a feeling

ferd said:
I think the threadstarter is quite right, HL1 did cause a revolution in gaming, it made it more public and a not so nerdy thing to do. It actually did help relax ppl after a longday @ school or work. And the ppl who finished HL1, just miss out on something compared to ppl who did. It's a feeling

Thank you, you will forever be my best friend ! along with many others.

Personally, I really can't wait for Natural Selection 2!!! I hope they make it, oh man it's gonna rock!! woohooo!!! *passes out*

LittleB said:
Personally, I really can't wait for Natural Selection 2!!! I hope they make it, oh man it's gonna rock!! woohooo!!! *passes out*

they probably will but i have to confess to finding natural selection kind of tedious and confusing i mean sure after awhile its great but when i first played it ..YIKES it was hard

I will play the game atleast 4 hours a day for a few months, if I do well I will play more and attemt to beat GaRpY and be the best in the world at this game and go pro.

To live my dream.

Morithacus said:
I will play the game atleast 4 hours a day for a few months, if I do well I will play more and attemt to beat GaRpY and be the best in the world at this game and go pro.

To live my dream.

i think theres a lesson to be learnt here we should ALL try to beat GaRpY !

You know. I was about to end it all by ramming my head into my monitor. But now my life has been filled with purpose at the thought of playing as best as I can in games so I can beat GaRpY.

Thanks for turning me back to light Morithacus!

Glo-Boy said:
Learn to spell revolutionize.

do you think your smart because you noticed that i mispelled a word by one letter ffs go troll someone else please !

Back