HL2 World gets release candidate date from Gabe

That's not a release date. They just mean to say they'll be RC-ready hopefully within 16 days.

I'm sorry, but I do have problems with believing the credability of a website that refers to him as "Gabe n00b"

If that is Gabe, then all that means is there is sixteen days until they send the RC to Vivendi, and then Vivendi will take a while checking it.

I also doubt the credability of someone that forges an e-mail from Gabe that's barely English.

lol,, well atleast its news,, *sigh*,, whats with you guys..? loosen up

dont moan about it dude,, email gabe :p

How long did it take for Doom 3's RC to be checked?

i think gabe newell made a huge mistake of letting hl2 be released after doom3 big mistake what do you think

Someone rename this thread title, we're gonna get a lot of flaming if we leave it as is.

sorry if I am being a n00b but eh... what a heck is RC? please explain..
THose news are aweomes if they are true! only 16 days will tell :)

i don't belive anything from the internet untill i get the game in my hands.

Sparta said:
How long did it take for Doom 3's RC to be checked?

Not that long. ID software is known for taking their time to do stuff right. I am sure that HL2 will fly through the RC process at Vivendi.

Gronoken said:
sorry if I am being a n00b but eh... what a heck is RC? please explain..

Release Candidate. it is send to the publisher, who evaluate it and decide whether it's ready to ship. The game is then considered 'gone gold".

Big Fat Duck said:
please change the misleading title of this thread you newb
I'm fed up of your attitude. Think about what we've been warning everyone about for a week and then come back in 5 days.

bAbYhEaDcRaB, don't mean to be negative, but my opinion is that it's a fake e-mail. I'm trying to get confirmation from Gabe.

I am skeptical but really the date given is not unrealistic so I am inclined to believe it. After all that is only the date that Valve will be done its bug squashing, and its just an estimate.

Don't trust something from a site that has a HL2 beta faq, and Gabe has always tried to not give a date so people wont be mad if its wrong.

Here in Australia "Date" is slang for anus. "Gold date in your hands" is just unhygenic.

Chris_D said:
I'm fed up of your attitude. Think about what we've been warning everyone about for a week and then come back in 5 days.

bAbYhEaDcRaB, don't mean to be negative, but my opinion is that it's a fake e-mail. I'm trying to get confirmation from Gabe.

We've never lied about a single news item.

Computer5k said:
Don't trust something from a site that has a HL2 beta faq, and Gabe has always tried to not give a date so people wont be mad if its wrong.

Yeah. That's why i'm not going to that site again.
It won't be long now, I can persevere and avoid all that leak info.
And I certainly don't trust that site to be free of it.

gebfeda said:
We've never lied about a single news item.
I don't think any website would willingly admit to lying about a news item so really that argument means nothing anywhere on the internet.

However I do believe that the e-mail is real.

RogueShadow said:
Yeah. That's why i'm not going to that site again.
It won't be long now, I can persevere and avoid all that leak info.
And I certainly don't trust that site to be free of it.

same here.
no point in spoiling anything by going to a site that promotes the leak.. :|

Dr. Freeman said:
same here.
no point in spoiling anything by going to a site that promotes the leak.. :|

We've never promoted any leak.

lol it's real, I got it from him today.

heres the header:

Code:
Delivered-To: [email][email protected][/email]
Received: by 10.11.100.21 with SMTP id x21cs865cwb;
        Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:52:12 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.38.5.72 with SMTP id 72mr227674rne;
        Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:52:11 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from 207.173.176.199 (HELO smtp3.valvesoftware.com)
        by mx.gmail.com with SMTP id 71si507844rna;
        Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from [207.173.178.188] (helo=exchange.valvesoftware.com)
	by smtp3.valvesoftware.com with esmtp (Exim 3.35 #1 (Debian))
	id 1Bn3SE-0003DT-00
	for <[email protected]>; Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:51:22 -0700
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.6944.0
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Subject: RE: Need comfirmation
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:51:23 -0700
Message-ID: <EF68D1D3E8EDD34A8151C0809FA0ECFE0339CCB4@exchange.valvesoftware.com>
X-MS-Has-Attach: 
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 
Thread-Topic: Need comfirmation
thread-index: AcRuqnVDz3O1OJpbTVWPK0QptcYT1AAAWx9Q
To: "jb55" <[email protected]>
X-Valve-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the System Administrator for more information
X-Valve-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-Valve-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam (whitelisted),
	SpamAssassin (score=1.3, required 6, MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR 1.27)

Chris_D said:

I was a tad skeptical at first as well, but you have to keep in mind Gabe does randomly post in hl2fallout and other fansites, he has a tendency to randomly leak news in obscure places/ways. :)

Couldn't you have taken a previous e mail and just modified the date/time and subject?

i really wish your asshat admins would stop killing our site name. It's really childish. If Gabe has no problem registering at the forums, and giving us interviews, you can leave a ****ing site name there.

The Mullinator said:
I don't think any website would willingly admit to lying about a news item so really that argument means nothing anywhere on the internet.

I don't quite understand what you mean. He meant that HL2wor ld hasn't lied in any news posts. Now all those news posts are all archived for anyone to see and scrutinize so I don't really see how "willingly admitting to lying" has anything to do with it.

Of course it's possible that the original person to post the e-mail lied. The same thing can be said for any of the e-mails in the info from valve thread. E-mails can be easily faked. Though I doubt it was faked, nor do I think any of the e-mails in that thread are fake.

What I'm saying though is that the legitimacy of the news has nothing to do with the site hl2wor ld or its reputation. We're not going to intentionally lie or mislead anyone. We're just as interested in hl2 as you and were excited over the info.

I am pretty sure you can fake the sender's address. How do you think you get e mails from the address of someone on your address book, and they never e mailed you?

gebfeda said:
i really wish your asshat admins would stop killing our site name. It's really childish. If Gabe has no problem registering at the forums, and giving us interviews, you can leave a ****ing site name there.

You could just politely ask why the moderator felt like the site name had to be removed. Had you done so you might have found a perfectly legit reason for the actions taken. "that one site" is very loose about beta content.

I believe the guy,,

Seemingly, how come when info like this doesnt hit HL2.net first, everyone gets peed about it , ?,

gebfeda said:
The same reason stands as it always has. If indeed you are telling the truth about this e-mail then that's fair enough, I apologise and hopefully now you'll know what it's been like for us before when you or other sites have said similar things about us.

That e-mail header is a genuine one so fair enough, I apologise.

And will all respect, calling us asshats isn't the way to get the URL mask lifted.

Back