HL2DM ranking

rpgprog

Reaction score
Is there a site that can track your ranking in HL2

Not globally, but you can expect at least a few source hlds stat engines in the near future. I know of at least one that's currently under development for hl2dm.

that is kinda upsetting, maybe we should suggest that to VALVe. They might get more players that way

I hope they don't implement such a system.
The occasional moron whining is bad enough when the game only lasts twenty minutes.
I can only imagine it'd get worse once they have a permanent score on the line.

Hey, I got the perfect one.
Numero Uno, 1. [Insert Your Screenname Here]
2=10000. everyone else.

Now everyones a winner! wayyyyy
Now you are one step towards communism, go and now have a street party.

I think it would be darn cool to have a ranking system, just like Red Alert 2. For those of you that haven't played it online, you are given a rank globally after you sign up and its all part of the actual multiplayer engine so its cool.

dinkleberry. I think your two posts contradict each other.

Right now you can't do much with stats in HL2MP because the logging isn't complete. Right now when you kill someone it doesn't log enough info to have stats.

rpgprog said:
dinkleberry. I think your two posts contradict each other.
...yeah... they do.. , but hey I got an idea - Have a STREET PARTY when you get to number one on a proper ladder! waaaayyyyy

Pro[pH]et said:
Right now you can't do much with stats in HL2MP because the logging isn't complete. Right now when you kill someone it doesn't log enough info to have stats.

What do you really need besides kills and deaths.

ComradeBadger said:
Stats lead to statwhoring.

What's the point..

Agreed.

On teh CLQ (been a few years, hope that is right) I always wondered how anyone could pay attention.

Rank was K/D but no factor for srever played on . Cucamunga Chunk O Phlem was a great server, for example, with decent competition but I never saw any top 100 players on it.

The other thing to consider is that DM rank has little to do with skill in the grand scheme of things. More Time in game with 1.0 K/D will still get you ranked higher than a 10.0 K/D with less games played.

Meh..forget about it. this is as much nonsense as stats are :LOL:

Back