holy ****ing shit its H.A.W.X.

C

Cavalry

IGN said:
Set in a near future, this flight combat action game inspired by the best-selling Tom Clancy videogame franchises imagines a world where a private military force has cumulated such power that it attacks the USA. Thrust into the cockpits of incredibly powerful and technologically advanced jet fighters, gamers will benefit from hi-tech piloting assistance, providing comfort, security and enhanced perception. As players gain skills and confidence, they will be able to shed the assistance. But before choosing performance over security, they?ll have to weigh the risks carefully.

IGN said:
For years, Namco Bandai has owned the console skies with its Ace Combat series. Finally, a worthy challenger has appeared and put Ace combat in its sites. Ubisoft's latest Tom Clancy title, HAWX (High-Altitude Warfare Experimental Squadron) is a welcome blending of simulation and arcade fun. With a whopping 50 licensed planes and the use of real satellite data, HAWX certainly brings with it the authenticity we've come to expect from a Tom Clancy game.

IGN said:
Coming this September to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, HAWX offers up intense -- and often deadly -- dogfights and a true challenge for those wishing to prove themselves to be Top Gun material. Using GOI satellite data, Ubisoft is able to ensure the areas you fly over are the real deal. When we took to the skies to battle an onslaught of MIGs in Rio De Janeiro, the entire topography was exact to the real life locale. And yes, even the famed statue of Jesus was standing, arms outstretched, at the mountain top. And no, we did not try and shoot it down. Ubisoft describes the use of GOI data as "flying over Google Earth on crack." We're inclined to agree.

IGN said:
With assistance on, you have the use of the very helpful ERS system. If you target an enemy, you can tap the ERS button and an intercept path will illuminate. Follow the path and you will connect with your target. This can also be used to get out of the way of trailing missiles, but isn't as effective as just turning off assistance and then doing a sly maneuver to lose the heat on your ass. We should mention that as a final safety measure, you can drop one of a limited number of flares to guide the heat-seeker away from your plane.
tom-clancys-hawx-20080525025611658_.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-20080525025617783.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/966/966360.html
http://pc.ign.com/objects/966/966357.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/876/876567p1.html

Sounds like it's gonna be good, but how much **** YEAH AMERICA!! will there be?

Wow it looks excellent, I have been hoping for something different from AC6, this seems very well timed :D

I've never been a fan of flight games and I also think they are milking the tom clancy franchise for all it is worth but that still looks kick ass :D

looks great, but really washed out. probably just have the brightness up too high though, so no worries.

Google Earth on crack sounds fun.

OH MY GOD! Looks amazing!

The requirements will probably kill us all though.

Meh, not that interested, I'm waiting for the next true fighter SIM, one to topple Falcon 4, like say Fighter Ops.

Although for you flashy graphic kids I'm sure HAWX will be awesome.;)

That looks awesome.

I doubt it will be too demanding either, I mean there isn't any props and stuff in the Sky, the terrain will be the only demanding part - and some good code for distance rendering will solve that.

Excuse me while I remain unimpressed.

HAWX looks like it's going to RAWX! Missile LAWX? Just use chaff! Don't got an XBAWX? It's not an exclusive!

Excuse me while I wipe my semen off the thread.

It will be cool if and only if you can take-off from aircraft carriers.

Modern air combat sims aren't as fun as older sims.

I'm still interested, but needs more Crimson Skies & Sky Odyssey mixed in.

repeled for cheesy trailer

wake me up when the next ace combat is anounced

Man, remember the Jane's Combat Simulations series for the pc? WW2 Fighters was so awesome.

It will be cool if and only if you can fly the SU-35...backwards.
If the Russian jets are realistically modelled (not "omg russian jets sux american jets pwn them lol", like most flight games I've encountered) I'll love this game.

It will be cool if and only if you can fly the SU-35...backwards.
If the Russian jets are realistically modelled (not "omg russian jets sux american jets pwn them lol", like most flight games I've encountered) I'll love this game.

in the ace combat games the russian jets practically pwn the americans except the f22

Eh, could be okay.

Seriously, Cav, what kind of commision do you get from IGN?

This is NOT a flight SIMULATOR, jesus, next person who calls it a simulation will get probed analy by me, honest to God.

This is intended to be a rival to Ace Combat series, which is an ARCADE flight game.

God people ignorant to the sim genre piss me off more than neonazis.

Why is it that this upcoming generation of engines and graphics all look so... Dull. I mean, those are pretty screenshots, nice lights, explosions, but there's so little colour these days. I want to go play Epilepsy Platformer Part II.

I won't get my hopes up but if it delivers I'll shit bricks.

Why is it that this upcoming generation of engines and graphics all look so... Dull. I mean, those are pretty screenshots, nice lights, explosions, but there's so little colour these days. I want to go play Epilepsy Platformer Part II.

One world. Realism. I'm sick of it.

This is NOT a flight SIMULATOR, jesus, next person who calls it a simulation will get probed analy by me, honest to God.

This is intended to be a rival to Ace Combat series, which is an ARCADE flight game.

God people ignorant to the sim genre piss me off more than neonazis.

You're a dick you know that? People can call it whatever the hell they want. Calling it a flight sim doesn't hurt you in anyway so stop being a bitch. For the record I hate people like you who get all whiny about something that doesn't matter. Sheesh correctness in general ****s me off. Meh whatever nothing personal it just irritates me to see well uselessness.

Thing is you can have realism without copying what Earth looks like. Realism seems to mean a clone of Earth to most people when all it should be is a game universe that feels like it could actually exist. How about a planet where tree leaves are red, grass is blue, ocean is white, etc. It'd look realistic in the sense the trees are still trees, grass is grass, everything is merely using a different colour pallet.

You're a dick you know that? People can call it whatever the hell they want. Calling it a flight sim doesn't hurt you in anyway so stop being a bitch.

Calling it a flight simulator spreads misinformation about the game so it does hurt people. And for the record, I hate people like you who get all pissy when someone makes a valid point that unveils your own ignorance. So suck on that!

And for you realism haters, go play the Wii. I played Mario Kart and Mario Party 8 for a few hours yesterday and by the end of it I was ready to rip my eyeballs from my skull.

Calling it a flight simulator spreads misinformation about the game so it does hurt people. And for the record, I hate people like you who get all pissy when someone makes a valid point that unveils your own ignorance. So suck on that!

And for you realism haters, go play the Wii. I played Mario Kart and Mario Party 8 for a few hours yesterday and by the end of it I was ready to rip my eyeballs from my skull.

I got pissy about someone being pissy. Funny that. I'm not being ignorant and I feel comfortable in saying this argument is retarded on all fronts including mine. Sure he made a valid point but he made an arse of himself in the process. One does not need to be an arse to make their point. Is that so hard to comprehend? I have the excuse that I was being an arse towards an arse and you do too but still. Lest we forget he threw Nazism into the equation making his entire argument null and void to begin with.

Shit I try to troll someone to get some other guy to come in acting as a hero. I love it. Two birds, one stone.

:|

Looks like another flight simulator game. So what?

Only real mentions towards whether it's a sim or not. So uh what? The game does simulate flying and it's a rather niche genre. I'd say they're quite correct in calling it a flight simulator. In the gaming context anyway no game is going to come close to a REAL FLIGHT SIMULATOR.

Hello!

You're nearly all being really stupid.

Stop it!

Thanks!

I went one level further and said retarded didn't I? Well no matter.

Maybe it's a simulation of an un-realistic arcade flight game.

07.jpg

This is starting to bug me too. It seems like games trade off between a gritty, grey/brown world and a bright, green/blue tropical island area. It's like there's no in between.

If any of you bothered to read the article, you would've seen this:
IGN said:
Ubisoft's latest Tom Clancy title, HAWX (High-Altitude Warfare Experimental Squadron) is a welcome blending of simulation and arcade fun.
Its in the 1st paragraph.

Perhaps reading the article could've prevented this flamefest?

But everybody here likes to blab on aimlessly about their opinions and how no game is ever good enough!

seriously

:|

Back