HOLY ****ING SHIT ROK Frigate blows up and sinks, North Korean torpedos suspected

is the government gonna pussy out or are you guys gonna waste some ****ers?

A few of the survivors, including a captain, is saying that there is no way it could have been an accident, and I personally think our government's trying to cover it all up.

Cowards.

The captain: "There was a large smack, than an explosion. I was thrown up in the air, enough for my body to hit the ceiling. 2 minutes later, the entire stern of the ship was already underwater."

maybe it was....

godzilla.jpg

D:
D:
D:
D:

Nah it was Cthulhu. WHAT HAVE WE DONE

The problem with putting an end to North Korea is that there will be a lot of confused people running around to deal with. China will most likely oppose any military action in fear of being flooded by N. Koreans.

The problem with putting an end to North Korea is that there will be a lot of confused people running around to deal with. China will most likely oppose any military action in fear of being flooded by S. Koreans.

How the heck are we going to flood China? We live in a peninsula. :p

If you were talking about how the glorious might of the free Republic of Korea and her armed forces will blitzkrieg through mainland China, never mind. :E

Also, it looks like the ship broke in half; thermal imaging looks that way. Also, survivors claim the rear section of the ship blew right off.

If NK was planning an attack, why would they start it all with just sinking one ship, giving time for the South to prepare? If I was them I would've attacked all out straight away. It has to be an accident.

If NK was planning an attack, why would they start it all with just sinking one ship, giving time for the South to prepare? If I was them I would've attacked all out straight away. It has to be an accident.

NK doesn't really plan ahead that much. I mean to say, they seem to carry out an attack from time to time. For example, when they attacked last year, it was a naval engagement, but only the ships involved moved.

The problem with putting an end to North Korea is that there will be a lot of confused people running around to deal with. China will most likely oppose any military action in fear of being flooded by S. Koreans.

more like will oposse any military actions cuz dont want to lose its buddy

If you were talking about how the glorious might of the free Republic of Korea and her armed forces will blitzkrieg through mainland China, never mind. :E

Also, it looks like the ship broke in half; thermal imaging looks that way. Also, survivors claim the rear section of the ship blew right off.

Don't under estimate the Chinese. They will sink your country if they all pissed on it.

The government is handling the situation well in my opinion. The last thing you want is your civilians in panic and worrying about a potential invasion. There WILL be a lot of economical impact if the whole country believes they are going to war.

more like will oposse any military actions cuz dont want to lose its buddy

Only reason China would be afraid of NK under attack would be China being the next in line.

Thing is China is more Capitalist than Communist although it claims to be Communist no?

Sooo.... no real news + gov not saying anything.

Sounds like they exploded themselves by accident.

Bah, I meant "flooded by N. Koreans"!

Only reason China would be afraid of NK under attack would be China being the next in line.

Thing is China is more Capitalist than Communist although it claims to be Communist no?

china supported north korea and I dont think they will like to lose a comunist friendly country to a capitalist enemy one

also is due to street creed for the "dont **** up whit my minions-I mean partners"

china supported north korea and I dont think they will like to lose a comunist friendly country to a capitalist enemy one

also is due to street creed for the "dont **** up whit my minions-I mean partners"
North Korea is a buffer state; China doesn't want US-aligned nations next door.

Sooo.... no real news + gov not saying anything.

Sounds like they exploded themselves by accident.

I seriously hope not, but I suppose there might be a first time for everything.

in before 9/11 conspiracies.

Lol.

Disclaimer: I do not believe that the most glorious government of the Republic of Korea is hiding anything, and also think that they are doing the best they can to rescue those who ARE STILL ****ING TRAPPED IN THAT SHIP, 15 ~ 30 METERS UNDERWATER.

Apparently, one of the survivors in the sea managed to get his phone working for a couple of minutes and called.

lol at the OP.

One of those people who panic over nothing. If something exciting happens, please stay away from the computer, it will stop from you typing "OMFG GOD HOLY SHIT **** BITCH"

lol at the OP.

One of those people who panic over nothing. If something exciting happens, please stay away from the computer, it will stop from you typing "OMFG GOD HOLY SHIT **** BITCH"

Thank you for that interesting comment. I will refrain from typing in capital letters OMFG SHIT whenever I fear for my homeland and nation as well as my property life, freedom and all the things that I have ever enjoyed and loved in my life is threatened by the communist hordes of the north.

Exciting? I wouldn't call it exciting; I actually have friends who are in the navy/ or are going to the navy or other branches of the armed forces, and I would certainly fear for their lives. I myself will be conscripted next year at the earliest, so excuse my concern for the livelihood of my country.

I wouldn't worry about him, just xdrive being his usual humourless self.

I seriously hope not, but I suppose there might be a first time for everything.

Sorry to say this buddy.... But I think the South Korean navy messed up, big time.

Sorry to say this buddy.... But I think the South Korean navy messed up, big time.

It seems that they've ruled that out; not even if the entire fuel tank had exploded, it wouldn't be enough to chop a corvette into two pieces.

3 possibilities here:

2010032900099_1.jpg

Oh well, of course! That explains it.

*Can't read Korean

Oh yeah, sorry, meant to translate but forgot.

1) Sound-signature activated sea mine

2) Small Torpedo launched by 50t midget sub

3) Purposeful detonation of all depth charges on ship - unfortunately the force of the explosion would be upward, not downward, so there's little possiblity.

hahahah your country/media is absolutely ridicurous

so the theory is that it's either a stealthy sub an accidental mine explosion or deliberate sabotage? good to see Korea has solved this mystery so fast by providing even crazier scenarios; they both make you sound like incompetent toads. I smell a "be vigilent citizen, remember what happen with the stealthy sub communist bombing plot, it's even more important to spy on your neighbour now!!!"

so the theory is that it's either a stealthy sub an accidental mine explosion or deliberate sabotage? good to see Korea has solved this mystery so fast by providing even crazier scenarios; they both make you sound like incompetent toads. I smell a "be vigilent citizen, remember what happen with the stealthy sub communist bombing plot, it's even more important to spy on your neighbour now!!!"

I was waiting for something along the lines of "ROK ship sunk by unknown forces, US invades Venezuela in retaliation".

I'd like to see an explanation of why those scenarios are so ludicrous?

Korean war mines are kinda plausible, but then those must been some hardy mines, because after 60 years, their fuse is still active, and the Composition B inside hasn't even deteriorated.

the cow says moo said:
What is North Korea saying about this situation?

Strangely, nothing.

Nothing at all. Not even a news report on the incidence.

So it's suspected that North Korea used a stealth sub to sneak into South Korean waters, blow up a frigate... and then leave?

So it's suspected that North Korea used a stealth sub to sneak into South Korean waters, blow up a frigate... and then leave?

Possibly they hadn't anticipated that they would actually sink a ship, perhaps damage it, and say that they were returning fire after our ships attacked first. But then the ship actually did sink, and 40+ people are presumed dead, they thought 'oh shit, this wasn't part of the plan'.

Also, some speculate that the "flock of birds" wasn't really a flock of birds, because the navy never used 76mm cannons to fire warning shots at unidentified targets. 20mm Vulcans, yes, but never higher caliber rounds that can seriously destroy a ship. Proper identification comes before the kill order.

Seriously, the North Koreans never act logically, at least to what we believe is logic. Their strategy of survival is to keep the heat on, so that the US, Korea, and her allies will keep making concessions, because all the parties involved do not want a war. Whatever twisted logic they came up with to manage that strategy of survival, we may never know.

The survival of the regime is more important than human lives, to them.

Back