Holy shit! Gman is an alien! (PICS!!)

It's not even a link, just a long list of garbled letters

yeah, that's in the strategy guide.

I don't see how you think he's an alien though.

its more like a skull. T2 or something. like he's being xrayed

Haven't you heard the Gman speaking? It's like he struggles with english sometimes, read the manual it hints this as well. He is an alien IMO.

Crisis King said:
Haven't you heard the Gman speaking? It's like he struggles with english sometimes, read the manual it hints this as well. He is an alien IMO.

I think that he struggles speaking because he is gordon, of a later date. Gordon doesn't speak right now, and since he doesn't speak, he will likely have trouble speaking in the future.

It isn't skull like, the screen is just blurry and it looks like it. His face is white you know..

Look, the guide knows shit. The only people(possibly person)that know what the G-man is are Marc Laidlaw and Valve.

Its impossible for that to be a alien, or skeleton g-man, the models don't even exist. Its stock gman, with or without suitcase.

Ha Ha!,that's pretty funny,I saw that screen but if I remember correctly(and I watched this for a while)is dr.Breen morphing in gman,then back into dr.Breen...ect..ect. :eek:

Alien - A someone/thing that does not fit into an arbitrary form of 'normal', or a being from a foreign/unfamiliar place, e.g another country.

G-Man is definitely not what we'd call normal, nor do we know where he actually comes from. Therefore, he is technically an Alien. What kind though, is yet to be confirmed.

SilentKilla said:
I think that he struggles speaking because he is gordon, of a later date. Gordon doesn't speak right now, and since he doesn't speak, he will likely have trouble speaking in the future.

Do you honestly believe that a mute could not only go through the Massachusetts Institue of Technology, become enough of a favourite with his professor Dr. Kleiner, gain enough experience in the field to gain and edge over Mossman (who also applied for the same position), apply for a position at Black Mesa over the phone and then actually get the job?

Gordon is not a mute. He is simply a man of few words. You can't hear him talking in either game, because you are meant to fill the gaps with your own dialogue.

As for the G-man's struggle with speech, it has been speculated that it could be because the voice actor may have pronounced some of the words backwards, and then they were reversed. This would make sense only because zombies talk backwards, and so perhaps the Gman thinks backwards and manually reverses his speech to become understandable.

the gman is not human. in H-L1 load the 'map c1a0' you will appear in the black mesa complex. follow the red line on the wall in the hallway to your right. this will lead you to the gman talking to a scientist (dealing perhaps?). turn on cheats. break the window. shoot the scientist. he will die. shoot the gman. he is made of wood.

The G Man was sent by the future to infiltrate a video game called Half Life and make idiots wonder all day long about who he was.

When Valve put him in, he was just a nice little mysterious guy to freak you out and give the game an ending. He's just one big excuse, it's not real!

Mr.Wotsit said:
The G Man was sent by the future to infiltrate a video game called Half Life and make idiots wonder all day long about who he was.

When Valve put him in, he was just a nice little mysterious guy to freak you out and give the game an ending. He's just one big excuse, it's not real!

I have seen you crap on virtually every theory thread out there. Nice way to run up your post count, but we don't want to hear your denial any more than you want to hear our speculation. Just ignore threads like this, you aren't accomplishing anything.

Crisis King said:

sorry which manual hints at what?

i think it is fairly obviuos the gman is not human, i mean what kind of human can
STOP TIME
?

Well my theory is that Gman is the ghost of Microsoft Windows Narrator
He sounds just like that in the opening sequence of HL2

SilentKilla said:

Might be so that G-man's precense (as a hologram) is rather instable, which makes it sound like he's having a hard time with the English. Actually there's no connecting to his English skills and him being Gordon.

first of all, gman is not gordon...

we never hear gordon speak, because WE ARE gordon, and, as someone said earlier here, our minds fill out the gaps... we know what the dialogue is!

so if Gman was gordon, it'd be clashing against VALVe's goals of making the game immersive, because if YOU are gordon, and you hear yourself speak to you in another voice and way of speaking than you had imagined for gordon (most probably your own voice), then the immersion just wouldn't work, would it?

secondly, i don't think the Gman struggles to speak, he's just simply such a strange character... he pronounces words in a weird way...

Agent Smith in the matrix spoke english perfectly, without problems, but he spoke in a creepy-ass way, didn't he? sorta sounded intimidating in the same way that the Gman is creepy and mysterious...

SilentKilla said:

You my friend are quite the moron.

The G-man is the ultimate badass. No massive alien armies and citadels for him. No mechanical weaponry. He merely places a certain Gordon Freeman in an exact position so as to achieve his goals - slowly, inevitably, perfectly. He chooses to present himself as a 50's style nameless government agent. (The entity has a sense of style and irony) All forces in the game pale in comparison to the G-man's incomprehensible power. The fact that he wields it so delicately and carefully while quietly watching just makes him so incredibly awesome. The G-man sips invincibility like a fine wine.

Sooo. I guess I'm not the only one looking forward to the story in HL3 ?? :D

I really don't understand how certain people could think that the G-Man is Gordon, I mean Gordon has brown (a little reddish?) hair and those creepy green eyes, while the G-Man has black hair and blue (brown eyes?), never took much notice and I also think that he would not dye his hair and put contacts just to hide his true identity.

And if someone says that he used genetical engineering to change his appearance I'm gonna use pepper spray on him...:borg:

As for him being an alien I really wouldn't bother that much about what he is because with the current info we really cant figure much out, just guess. The real question is if hes even an ally or not because by what we really have seen it seems as he is not there for some greater good, more for some kind of bid (what someone could offer as a payment to such a "powerful" character is a question by itself...)

What is the G-Man? No one knows and there are few clues. Some would argue such speculation is pointless until HL3. However I doubt he's an alien...he just speaks weird. And his immense power? How the hell should I know?

Okay that was pretty pointless. But seriously, I think he must be part of some sort of weird shadow agency, but not even something like the FBI or NSA, something much higher, maybe more like the La-li-lu-le-lo (goddamn it, you just can't say their name) in MGS3. Although quite probably less stupid.

In Half Life 1, near the end one of the things Nihilanth says is "You are man. He is not man. For you he waits." hopefully this clears some things up.

Destructive said:
In Half Life 1, near the end one of the things Nihilanth says is "You are man. He is not man. For you he waits." hopefully this clears some things up.
also he says : "their slaves, we are their slaves" reffering to the combine.

He could mean anyone, and if he means the G-Man, he could mean that the G-Man is lacking in basic human qualities, ie he's cold and clinical and doesn't care. Not evil, not good.

"their slaves, we are their slaves" reffering to the combine.

Could be right there...could well be right. Or is he referring to some much higher power. The G-Man?

Back