Horrible Steam glitch

Jesus Lincoln

Reaction score
Whenever i play games that have more than a hundred servers, like DOD, CS1.6, and CS:S(didnt happen during beta), There is a horrible glitch
I will double click on the server and i get this
dod.jpg

The server will give me the information page, and wont join, even when i click join game. Also, when i press refresh, it says the server has a ping of 2000. From wht i know, this is random. But it really sucks, it usually stops after a while

Anyone else get this?

try connecting with the IP as a temporary solution

That usually means your internet stopped responding for a fwe miliseconds or seconds. Or you just did something that deals with the internet.
Though everynow and then it is possible for it to happen. Refresh a few seconds are you click on it and it should be norma.

And put pictures as an attachment, please :p
I get that if my net is busy, so like Minerel says, just refresh and that shoudl help (it may just be updating the list so using the net itself - perhaps use stricter rules)

It might be an issue with a firewall .. but then again it probably wouldn't just work after a while..

oh i get that ALL the time, just hit refresh, then join game, than refresh etc and after about 2-5 seconds it usually joins

Minerel said:
That usually means your internet stopped responding for a fwe miliseconds or seconds.

He has his own Internet... he must be special!

Minerel said:
That usually means your internet stopped responding for a fwe miliseconds or seconds. Or you just did something that deals with the internet.
Though everynow and then it is possible for it to happen. Refresh a few seconds are you click on it and it should be norma.
No it isn't, it's purely steam. I thought it was just me and my bro with this problem, then my mate started complaining about it now you.

I think it needs reporting.

Back