• Buying at store: Single and Multi-player version; mod support

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Buying at store: Collectors Edition

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Steam subscription package: HL2, HL1, CZ, DOD, etc. for monthly fee

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
bate18 said:
its funny how everyone just shit their pants once someone said "from supernova".

I don't see many people even discussing that.

Qwiggalo said:
I don't see many people even discussing that.

probably because alot of people wont ware)Z this game.

why would they? dont u need cdkey and super steam verification just to play it?

Some people will use steam. I will buy it from the store so I can get the BOX!!

The box is very important because it is an artifiact in itself and a collectors item. If you just get it from steam you get the cake but no icing.

I think the more important things are the CD and CD case... not the damn box! :D

Heh, it's funny to think about all you suckers waiting for the box while I'm busy playing HL2 off Steam. :p

Spiffae said:
You keep rationalizing right to the police station. tell them that as a software pirate, you are helping software developers around the world. I'm sure they'll belive you. Maybe, if you're lucky, they'll give you a nice shiny medal.

rofl you're funny, rofl i had to laugh again. me im gonna download it as soon as its warez and play it while i wait for ati to send me my copy in the mail, where's the option for the ati mail in voucher that comes wih radeon xt's?

lol arrested....lol for downloading warez....lololololol.

oh yeah and depending on whats in the special edition ill buy the collectors edition too provided its not some extravagant price.

Subz said:
probably because alot of people wont ware)Z this game.

why would they? dont u need cdkey and super steam verification just to play it?

....Read before the LAST POST.

The game store is 10Min walking off my Home. /me is lucky

I am getting the CE version of HL2.

I'm getting it the first day it's out. But at the time I pre-ordered it I had to depend on my lazy parents to drive me to the EB, but now that it's been friggin 2 years since then I can and WILL drive myself there.

Whatever is avaliable, if there is CE avaliable I will buy it, if not SP&MP version.

Luckily, I live in a rural area where not many people are into computer gaming. I :hopefully: will be able to get a copy quite easily.

Its just a box people, I think the icing on the cake will be all the cool mods and stuff, which will hopefully be released in a reasonable amount of time (1 to 2 months?). The box will never really amount to much money as a collectors item because many people will probably keep them as well. Meh I view a box as garbage anyways. To each his own.

acme420 said:
rofl you're funny, rofl i had to laugh again. me im gonna download it as soon as its warez and play it while i wait for ati to send me my copy in the mail, where's the option for the ati mail in voucher that comes wih radeon xt's?

oh yeah and depending on whats in the special edition ill buy the collectors edition too provided its not some extravagant price.

oh come on. i wasn't saying you were being arrested, i was making a point that what you are doing, though it seems "ok" in your mind, is not by most ethical standards, and no legals standards. I know you won't be arrested, i'm just saying you're stupid. (oh snap!) ;)

Well where is the "other" option, i am not getting any of the ways you posted. I am getting it for free.

I bought an ati 9600XT, so i mailed in the free coupon... when Hl2 is released, i will recieve my copy two weeks later. :D

I'm getting it for free too...I just have to pay a $50 fee for buying the game--wait a minute.

I think im going for the SE

The steam monthly fee thing stills sounds a little crappy imho. Would be better if you pay once, like they did with CS:CZ.

Im going to store to buy the CE, if i can't buy that for any reason (not in stock or too expensive) ill just get the SP&MP normal package

Where is the option to make a one-off payment through Steam?

I'll probably get the regular single player and multiplayer from the store. I would get the collector's edition but doesnt that come out way after the release?

Going with the Collector's Edition from the brick and mortar shop. I don't trust electronic distribution and probably won't for a long, long time.

acme420 said:

how the hell do you think your going to play it when you need a steam verification and a serial? I think your sorry little lauging ass has to wait the 2 weeks without his pwetty warezed hl2 installed.

I have my mind set on the collectors edition. Hopefully I can buy it the same time as the rest of the retail versions (I already seeing the 3 diffrent packages on the shells and picking the "SPECIAL EDITION" version, leaving the guy at the register with a "OMG that guy pwnz" look on his face after I pay the big bucks and leave)

I also plan to pre-order as soon as Valve makes the gold announcement, so I won't run the risk of the game selling out before I get to the shop. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of frustrated folks who didn't pre-order on these forums the day Half-Life 2 is released.

Ive preorded from 2 differ game retailer stores , if one gets CE or MP&SP package b4 the other ill buy that n cancel other, ensures i get my copy :)

i want this game the moment it's released. is it likely to hit steam before shelves? I live in England. I have an ati voucher. If in order to play it as soon as poss i had to buy it from shop i would but do you think, being in england, i'll get it off steam earlier than it hits shops?

For all the people who is getting HaLflife2 through warez sites, don't do it.

1-You will play The SP mod
2-You won't be able to play the MP mod
3-You won't be able to download mods for it
4-Suppose you are able to play the MP, you will always have an error message requesting your CD-key every 10-20Min.

Have fun Buying this game.

Jonnyapps, its a worldwide release (will hit shelves same time every where)

JohnnyBeverage said:
I'll be buying it at the store. I've put money aside from Christmas and such so i dont have to use my credit cards. I've had this money so long, i'm dying to spend it already Valve.

Christmas? Bloody 'ell man...spend it, take a sub of your next christmas $$$

I'll be buying mine at a shop...i like to have loads of boxes and manuals and cd's getting messed up because it irritates me mum :p...knowing me i'll be so excited when i see HL2 on a shelve waiting to picked up i'll pick up the no MP version.

Crap, pressed collectors edition, but wanted to choose single & multi.. ^^

Lethal8472 said:
Looks like steams getting left in the dust... :sniper:

Or maybe because people who are interested in playing all the steam related games are too busy playing the games now then sculking around in forums?

the only steam option in the poll is the subscription thing ... that's the closest thing to what i'm doing (however inaccurate) so i voted for that. i have a hl2 voucher WOOO!!! so i'll be getting it for free. but i think i'll be buying a boxed (collector's edition) version as well ... and maybe give my voucher to a friend or i dunno.

Back