How do I put in CS weapons?

Reaction score
Im making a map with weapons on the ground, but I dont know what entities I should use to make them. Could someone help me?

Is it a HL2 map or a CS map? If you add a prop_static entity and set it's "world model" to a weapon you can see it in the game. You can't pick it up though.

yarr. Its a cs map. I want to be able to pick them up. I have tried prop physics for it, but all you can do is push it around. surely someone knows the answer.

I have this problem too. Could someone please tell me what entity it is in CSS that lets you put weapons on the floor that you can pick up?

People can't pick up items like that can they? All they can do is push the model around

Why do people want weapon pickups in CSS?

So they can cheat. Think about it hide a few pickupable weapons in a hidden room somewhere and your instantly godlike.

It's been done before. Give me one good reason why you shoudln't just earn money by killing the opposing force and buy the weapons yourself.

Ill admit it, my map is not going to have buyzones. its just going to have a variety of weapons by the spawn, but no one knows how to do this. :angry:

Thanks DarkGhost :)

But since the update that happened a while ago something really wierd has happened - now on all the maps that have weapons at spawn, they disappear after about 10 seconds, which is not enough time for people to get them. Can this be fixed?

tiss a bug

i asked about it in my thread, nothin yet

also, i use the entity [custom] weapon_*gun name*

plz help, whats happened to the weapons.. whenever i load a map with them it crashes and i cant find info_player_equip in hammer... also i tried using "weapon_****" but it doesnt work, they dont appear..

Zio said:
I dont see that anywhere

you have to manually type it in

what weapons are you trying to add, heres a little list of the weapon titles

weapon_hegrenade
weapon_scout
weapon_awp
weapon_flashgrenade
weapon_smokegrenade

theres a few, i dont know them all. all i needed in my map was soout,awp and he nade.

there was a tutorial on planethalfilfe i think that had the entire list but im not sure

Can u have ammo with the weapons now too?
Anyway I think valve doesn't want the fy_ maps

what exactly is a fy_ map? im makin a map like this which is based on but not similar as i cant remember it well enough to a solider of fortune 2 map in which u start with a pistol and u search the map for weapons.
i wish valve would release new gametypes like a deathmatch mode where u dont spawn after u get killed and u have to find weapons.

DarkDamo said:
you have to manually type it in

what weapons are you trying to add, heres a little list of the weapon titles

weapon_hegrenade
weapon_scout
weapon_awp
weapon_flashgrenade
weapon_smokegrenade

theres a few, i dont know them all. all i needed in my map was soout,awp and he nade.

there was a tutorial on planethalfilfe i think that had the entire list but im not sure

Well I tried this and it works but the grenades disappear only a second or two later... anyway I can stop this?

Back