How do I report a site that is distributing the beta and source code and ports?

The Dark Elf said:
Well the thing is, I've nothing against hl2world, never had any personal issue's toward any of them, I was just following the rules, we all were. Now hl2world and hl2.net hate each other. And it turns out for absolutely NO reason.

What a waste, we could have all got on well too.

Agreed.

And whoa! What's with this thread? Everyone is actually trying to get along?
:eek: Well, as a long time member of Hl2world and a member of this site, I personally think it's great if we can put aside any differences and realize we all love the same game. Plus when it comes out we're all going to be way to excited to keep grudges I think. Cheers, people. :cheers:

Edit: nvm figs

No, he was going to report one of the biggest "CZ online" warez distribution groups.. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Shuzer said:
No, he was going to report one of the biggest "CZ online" wareze distribution groups.. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Oh, thank you. I was a bit confused over who he was trying to report. That makes a bit more sense.

i still dont see why you guys bleep out our site..

EDIT: as you can see in my signature, it was a simple link to GOOGLE displaying hl2world, it was not a direct link. its the user's choice to click onto the hl2world site or not..

So if the rules don't mean anything in the end, should the site still be censored?
I think both sites are fine, I've been going here for much longer, but hl2 world seems like a fine place by me.

Far as my noobish abilities go, the only Leak info I can find isn't media but their FAQguide thingy. No pictures, no plot being spoiled, no files mostly. Though I can understand acting on principle.

There a way to resolve this? I don't think that we've split and that's the end of that , we hate each other forever (which isn't really the case). What if we compromise , sense neither site should have to apoligize for doing what they thought was acceptable/right/ok. What if we agree to differ and resolve to love? :D

love + peace desu ;D

we could still get along. i mean hl2world isnt making fun of gabe as most ppl think. we worship him! Go take a look at our new forum theme :D Its gabelicious

So getting back to what I was saying... if the leak is not such a big deal anymore, why doesn't halflife2.net bring back the leak section of the forums, let people be able to talk about ti if they want, but don't let them post the actual leak ofcourse.

Gabe Newell apparently has contact with the owner of HL2world, and recently emailed some previously unreleased stuff to the guy that runs the site, to be displayed on their boards, which surprised me, and changed my attitude towards that site.

In case you are unfamiliar, it's more of the 'teh 1337 HaXOr' crap and 'teh pRon' and other mess over there, but it's got some cool stuff concerning HL2.

And dunno, but my guess is that if some popular game got leaked fifteen years ago-- I dunno if Gabe Newell would have opened a website about it-- but he probably would have been one of the kids who had it. Or maybe any business is good business.

Back