How do you feel about Half-life 2's arsenal?

Half-life 2 Weapoooooooooooons

• Total voters
I don't think that the revolver is overpowered. It's usefullness seriouslly depends on the user's aim.

Exactly. And it's ammo is really hard to find (I just love that in Half-Life 2 The most of the revolver ammo was hidden, like on top of some planks in Ravenholm, or under some pipes in Entanglement... It was just so cool to find those secret places...I wonder how many such hidden spots they have made? Anyone else knows some?)

HL1's arsenal, while being horribly over-powered and having loads of weapons that were basically there for the sake of it, was at least fun to play with. The SMG has got to be one of the most boring weapons ever, as well as being generally sh*t to use. I really wish Valve would introduce a more interesting weapon, possibly an organic one... gravity-gunnable dead headcrabs? :afro:

It think that weapons are well balanced and I like the way that when you pick up new weapon you don't actually forget about "weaker ones". There are always situations where you need the "older" weapons (in many games when you find a stronger weapon you end up using it all along, which is bad)

Only bad thing that i noticed in weapon system is that the crowbar is rendered useless when you get gravitygun.

But after a while these weapons will get boring and they will add new ones. At least I hope.

I'm starting to get the feeling that valve is painting itself into a corner with their weapon selections

hmm in the "ask valve" thread they say that we may use/see the Combine sniper rifle! w00t! I <3 Valve
ah.. and by the way.. dont you think that it tooks a long time to switch from a weapon to the gravity gun? I mean... it's way harder to "cook" grenades in HL2 than in HL2 DM... and if i want to pick up a soldier-thrown grenade, there's a high possibility that I'll be blown up. It would be better to be able to switch to the gravity gun (only the g-gun) instantly... or maybe with a 0,3 sec delay.. just faster.

It`s ok, but I was expecting something more "modern" to gaming.
I wating towards melee-attacks, ironsights, weapons that actually pack a punch, like near-future versions of G36 assault rifles, AKA 101`s, and so on
All the weapons except the gracity gun, rpg and the revolver are just boring and not very satisfying to use, same with the sounds.

Meh, melee-attacks/ironsights are all superficial and subject to feature creep IMO. They don't really make the game better at all.

They also don't really fit. HL didn't have them. HL2 didn't have them. It's not because Valve aren't aware of them, or don't know how to implement them - it's because they don't fit Valve's vision of the game.

It`s ok, but I was expecting something more "modern" to gaming.
I wating towards melee-attacks, ironsights, weapons that actually pack a punch, like near-future versions of G36 assault rifles, AKA 101`s, and so on
All the weapons except the gracity gun, rpg and the revolver are just boring and not very satisfying to use, same with the sounds.

You forget the pheropods. They always forget the pheropods...:bonce:

Meh, melee-attacks/ironsights are all superficial and subject to feature creep IMO. They don't really make the game better at all.

Sounds are important though. I like good sounds. The weapons should still be fun and satisfying to use. I'd say most of them are, except the pistol, MP5 and the shotgun. You mean they shouldn't rely on the superficial stuff, right? ;)

Back