How do YOU pronounce warez?

Yeah...well, leet is what it literaly translates into, but i think elite is where it came from.

I say w-air-z or w-air-ez. Only because people use a Z to spell it, do i pronounce it z rather than s.

Z

Do you say Zee, Zuh or Zed?

Beta

Bait-a or Beet-a?

Zed for me but then i'm scottish.

bEEta cos it doesn't sound as gay.

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
i wasn't targeting you, sanchez i just thought up a name at random, honest
thats ok, i didnt even read your post

It might help if you understand where it comes from, l33t h4x0rs like to replace any 'S' with a 'z' to make it cool/leet/harder to detect/whatever so we get:

gamez
appz
etc,

warez is from :

softWARE
shareWARE
freeWARE

now that you know how to say WARE how will you say WAREs ?? well, that's how WAREZ is pronounced. not WAR-ears

Wearz. Gotta over-pronounce the "Z" or it's just not l33t.

Originally posted by UDHA
It might help if you understand where it comes from, l33t h4x0rs like to replace any 'S' with a 'z' to make it cool/leet/harder to detect/whatever so we get:

gamez
appz
etc,

warez is from :

softWARE
shareWARE
freeWARE

now that you know how to say WARE how will you say WAREs ?? well, that's how WAREZ is pronounced. not WAR-ears

exactly!!

I say waar-ez (the 'aa' being the noise you make when you open your mouth and say 'ahh') for some reason.

Wearz.

Wear-ez sounds so dumb... why the hell would anyone pronounce it that way? It's software - soft + z. Wearz.

i say lol as "lool" or should it be "lawl"?
how do you pronounce "bot"? i always thought it was like "boot"

l337, i just say it "leet"

On the topic of pronunciation of slang-words, how does everyone pronounce "pwn"? A friend and I discussed this, I came up with pronouncing it as 'puuwn' or 'pjoon' (puh-joon), he took it as 'pyoon'. Interesting. And yes, we have a lot of spare time ;)

I just say "poon". Not like moon, a short "oo". :| Umz...

Originally posted by Ares
Yeah, 'id' in id Software is not capitalized. It's pronounced 'id' as in 'mid'. 'id' is like the darker side of the conscious... it's not an acronyn.

I pronounce 'warez' as 'wears' just as it was intended I suppose.

UBI Software I pronounce 'Oobee' as in 'goobee'.

What about the famous 'gib' that we see in Quake - ya know, the chunks of people after you blow em up. There's a debate on whether it's 'gib' as in a hard G like when you say 'good' - or 'gib' as in 'jib' with a J sound.
I say it with a hard G.

Completely correct on all points.

i pronounce "pwn" like "own" but with a "p" added to the start, like so: "pown". It's a lot of fun just watching action movies with friends, and when some guy gets blown up or gets kicked off of a building you say "pwned!!!" :p

Back