How does one decide on a new internet handle?

tacoeaterguy.png

hope it worked....

how come every time i try to edit my message, it says you do not have permission, and then logs me out....

I started with Kamikazie when I was... 10? Hints the misspelling. Plus it helps me get the name else where. After typing the sentence below I realize this past one is false.

I was SuicidalPacifist on BF2 because my misspelled name was taken, then I became PhantomDarkness on XBLive because both of those were taken.

I think a name you will be most happy with is something that didn't come from too much thought. If you put tons of thought into it, inevitably, you will regret something about it, and it will bother you more because you tried so hard.

Just pick a random word or name, or name yourself after something that reflects your interests, but preferably not something that many other people might pick because there are times when someone else might choose it first; then you'll be screwed.

I hate when people change their name. I remember when Stigmata changed his name to Soupstorm. It took me months to realize that he wasnt just some new guy. Ennui changed his steam name recently to Hands Mechanical, and I still have trouble remembering its him.

But I suppose if you really want to, so long as you keep your avatar, I might remember who you are.

I've used Krynn72 since ultima online. The only other real alias I use is Sh0nm4n, which is my AIM name.

I hate when people change their name. I remember when Stigmata changed his name to Soupstorm. It took me months to realize that he wasnt just some new guy. Ennui changed his steam name recently to Hands Mechanical, and I still have trouble remembering its him.

But I suppose if you really want to, so long as you keep your avatar, I might remember who you are.

I've used Krynn72 since ultima online. The only other real alias I use is Sh0nm4n, which is my AIM name.

The one that you've never on.

I won't inundate you with questions... I sweKRYNN how do I change my preferences inKRYNN how do I edit the materials oNKRYNN why is maya so buggy.

I'll probably never be able to change my name. Because I will likely not be able to come up with something else I am satisfied with.

I bet I'll end up with this same name in virtual reality simulations of the future when I'm 80.

Don't do it.

It would be nearly as dramatic as Nicholas Cage swapping faces with John Travolta.

Don't do it.

It would be nearly as dramatic as Nicholas Cage swapping faces with John Travolta.
psst they just played each others roles while their faces were off they didnt really swap faces but dude the voice explanation was extremely unsatisfying

Man... I totally read that as 'swapping feces'

Needless to say I was intrigued.

psst they just played each others roles while their faces were off they didnt really swap faces but dude the voice explanation was extremely unsatisfying
Well duh. It's the thought that counts. :p

BTW, my aunt, uncle, and cousins live in Irvine Cal. Say Hi to them for me will ya? :)

i'd actually change my real name to Warped if i could. i have had this handle for about 6-7 years now and I'm sticking with it for a while. i still like it to this day

just wait until a really awesome name comes around and change it then, just don't do it on impulse cause its annoying as **** to everyone you know online. i've been using Ennui for about 5 years, before that it was Audiophile and before that it was a whole string of maybe a dozen different handles. I recently (several months ago) started using Hands Mechanical for all my new registrations / gaming because I like it better and I'm sick of people mispronouncing Ennui (also I dislike the connotations of the word Ennui, I'm not angsty).

I know how to pronounce Ennui, but I always still think of you as enyouie. Can't help it :D

I won't inundate you with questions... I sweKRYNN how do I change my preferences inKRYNN how do I edit the materials oNKRYNN why is maya so buggy.

Email me brosef. I check my email like every hour, even at work. Can't use AIM at work.

There's a couple of names I like to occasionally use. I was really into Suicide Rush Charlie when I was a melee enthusiest back in the HL2 Deathmatch days, and nowadays I just add different names to Jintor if I'm mucking around in TF2.

I'm also Mul if you're looking for me in an art setting.

I'm pretty unhappy with my name here and on AIM. I think I probably have the worst username on this site :p. I had only signed up to ask a really dumb question, so I chose the most anonymous/vague username possible. I'd ask to have it changed to something else, but I can't think of anything.

Just choose something that fits you. You don't really need a new handle for a fresh start, but if that's what you want, seriously think on it. I'm curious about the names you've been brainstorming, if any.

I always liked your username. Reminded me of Raziel.

Just choose something that fits you. You don't really need a new handle for a fresh start, but if that's what you want, seriously think on it. I'm curious about the names you've been brainstorming, if any.

I always liked your username. Reminded me of Raziel.

Raziel is what I based it off of... in 1999. I played Soul Reaver for the first time... and I morphed Raziel into Raziaar.

Email me brosef. I check my email like every hour, even at work. Can't use AIM at work.

Yeah, I figured as much. :D

EDIT: Whoops.

I'm pretty unhappy with my name here and on AIM. I think I probably have the worst username on this site :p. I had only signed up to ask a really dumb question, so I chose the most anonymous/vague username possible. I'd ask to have it changed to something else, but I can't think of anything.

Littlefoot. Haha, no, but that's who you always remind me of. I wonder if it has anything to do with your adorable avatar.

I can't even change my avatar, let alone the name.

Don't change - it'll leave you feeling dead inside.

I've probably only had a few usernames that have stuck for awhile. Before Zephos (a name I quite hate now) I used to be Darksabre on pretty much every forum or game. Zephos came from Windwaker, and it's quite the ugly looking/sounding name.

Nowadays I just vary between Troselbarf or Pants, two names that hold utterly no significance to me whatsoever :p

In fact, if I changed my username on this forum, it'd probably be to Pants.

Oh, you're Troselbarf. I keep forgetting who that is.

Zephos I actually like your name a lot. I would be unhappy if you changed it, it's pretty much ingrained into your character in my psyche at this point. Although Pants is definitely a worthy alternative.

I can't even change my avatar, let alone the name.

Don't change - it'll leave you feeling dead inside.

I would feel dead inside if you ever changed your avatar or name too. They're perfect.

Bigdick McSlapfist.

Aww c*nt yeah.

MOTHER ****ING EDIT:
IF YOU FFFFFFFEVER CHANGE YOUR AVVYGDGFTHFTH AND NAME I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL BEAT THE EVERLOVING WHITE SUPREMACIST PENIS CRUCIFIED ON TWO BRICKS OUT OF YOU. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU STEAMING VEGETABLE SAUTEED SNAKE F*CKGRBYFHXFDH,./,?

Yeah, I don't really care for my name, it sucks (I picked it very quickly without thinking). I'm thinking of switching to my Second Life name (which I should've had here in the first place).

With my first attempt at choosing a handle (trying to play RA2 online) I tried to use Cerberus, but it was, of course, taken and the game wouldn't let me create an account with it. I then decided the (incredibly clever at the time) Cyberus, as a play on it. I got a failed to connect then. I've still never played RA2 online :p

When registering for here I considered using that but then ríomhaire just popped into my head. I figured it's probably not going to be a much used and reveals something of my identity (it's an Irish word). I failed to take into account that no one would know how to pronounce it, but that led to Rim-Fire so what the hell! When I'm playing games I now generally use Rim-Fire or a variation of it (Ram-Fire, Rimre, etc.), though sometimes just ríomhaire.

But the one thing I must say: If you're choosing a new name to use, make it a unique one.

I have a retarded name story. Back when I was lame and played Habbo Hotel (young and stupid, back in 5th grade) I morphed my real-life name "Cameron" into "Camoyron" for whatever reason. I accidently reset my password over e-mail, and the e-mail service I used (it was an independant service) was taken down. I created a new Habbo, and my name was NekoKazamaki (I loved anime at the time). I then changed my name a few years later to Neko-The-Wise to earn the reputation in the namesake, but got bored trying to and instead reverted to my immature self.

I started playing the MMOFPS Planetside back in 2007, and had recently played Kingdom Hearts II. I loved the names of the Organization XIII members, and created the handle "Xever". I was on the NC Faction, and my friend (the person who introduced me into the game) persuaded me into joining the VS to join his other outfit. I reversed my name to Revex. A few days later, after seeing how much more active the TR outfit of the same name was, I decided to join them; I combined the two names "Xever" and "Revex" and came up with "Xevrex". That's pretty much it.

Well my name is Simon and i have an interest in contract killing. The same on every other site i am on.

I'd like to change my name, as this one is pretty corny (although I don't see it nearly as much as you'd expect), to PervertRyan. Thoughts? On the one hand, I like it, but on the other hand, it can give a wrong impression. It's already my Xbox Live nickname, and it has actually gotten me some flak there (mostly by little American boys with squeaky voices).

I've used PvtRyan since the multiplayer demo of MoH:AA (as Private Ryan then).

Even if you don't officially change it, I will recognize your wishes and henceforth refer to you as Pervert Ryan, or some permutation thereof, like Pervan.

Well my name is Simon and i have an interest in contract killing. The same on every other site i am on.

We've done good business together. Don't ever change anything about yourself.

Except maybe your prices. Jesus man, in this ****ing economy how can you defend where they're at now?

I'd like to change my name, as this one is pretty corny (although I don't see it nearly as much as you'd expect), to PervertRyan. Thoughts? On the one hand, I like it, but on the other hand, it can give a wrong impression. It's already my Xbox Live nickname, and it has actually gotten me some flak there (mostly by little American boys with squeaky voices).

I've used PvtRyan since the multiplayer demo of MoH:AA (as Private Ryan then).

Don't take shit from those little squeaky voiced bastards.

"Hey mister. Are you a pervert? Yeah, you're a pervert. See? It says so right there in your name! Pervert!"

"Yeah, that's why I ****ing put it there you little dumb shit."

Hey you want quality you gotta pay for it. There is only so many times a man can be paid in Dairylea Dunkers

Back