How many times did you see the guy with the briefcase?

O

odwyer1980

I don't know his name, but how many times did you see him pop up at various points during the game?

I noticed when I played the 1st game back in 1998, that guy was seen in backgrounds or parts of the game where you could not get too.

In this game, I only spotted him 4 times during the whole game. A few times when I viewed windows, saw him in the distance only for him to disappear & when I would crawl under debris, far away from where the next “part of the game” was.

However, the last time I saw him was on a surveillance camera.

How many times did you see him?

Great game, perfect length, perfect ending and for once, lived up to the hype.

n00b,its the Gman, and i saw him 11 times, every single time hes in the game

Everyone's a newbie at some point, don't be so derogatory.

He doesnt have a name... he is just refered to as G-Man... but why G-man... is it a clue to the story of Half-Life 2?

hes the g to the man...
....I just broke my white bone.....damn...

CombineSoldier said:
n00b,its the Gman, and i saw him 11 times, every single time hes in the game

Classy response. How hard would it be to just say "The characters name is Gman"

Odwyer. Search for Gman Sightings in the Forums (use the Search function at the top of the page). There should be screenshots for each of the sightings.

If you want to take your own Screenshots simply press F5 in game. The Screenshots are automatically saved as Jpegs in your HL2 folder.

Evil^Milk said:
didn't your name start with the letter Æ? just curious.

Oh, I guess so. This is how it is in the dictionary. Plus I don't know how to do that AE thing with my keyboard.

Hold ALT and type 145 on your numpad to get the lowercase or 146 to get the uppercase :D

yes, I knew that off the top of my head.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

ALT+145 = æ
ALT+146 = Æ

glitched_firewal said:
lol. I have a briefcase.. I guess I am the gman!!!

No, I am the Gman, I can hold it like he does. Plus my avatar is a self-portrait.

G-Man stands for Government Man or something like that. Look it up. I found it in a dictionary...

Ennui said:
Hold ALT and type 145 on your numpad to get the lowercase or 146 to get the uppercase :D

Yes, I'm a nerd.

ALT+145 = æ
ALT+146 = Æ

I know it's off topic but, hey I just found out alt+5= ♣. I'm gonna have to implement that into my screenname somehow!

HOA COOL! Alt+2=☺ SMILLIE!!! WHOOO! Now I can use smillies in the Newgrounds forums!

I send ♥! I can't get over this! I ♥ 2 ♪! ♀ hmmm... A jesus reference? It's such a ☼ day!

The Bait said:
G-Man stands for Government Man or something like that. Look it up. I found it in a dictionary...

I saw on wikipedia once that it was supposed to be a BOE guy. Maybe they wear blue suits?

.........☺......

Are we ever actually told that hes called the G man or is just a thing the fans made up ages ago?

Gman means gordon man.. it's like fightclub.. gordon created an imaginary friend who he called g-man after himself.

Parabolart said:
Gman means gordon man.. it's like fightclub.. gordon created an imaginary friend who he called g-man after himself.

lol dont start that now.

Ok to clarify for some people

G-man does not have a name. He has been come to be known as the gman because in the HL1 Deathmatch, along with all the PAK files of HL1, his model name is Gman. Many people assume its Government man but noone really knows

Deemo said:
Many people assume its Government man but noone really knows

Hellooooo! Did I not just say that I saw in a wikipedia once that it was a nickname for a BOE officer? Everybody seems to be ignoring this.

HOW CAN YOU BE A PART OF THESE FORUMS AND NOT KNOW WHO THE GMAN IS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyways i lost count, but i saw him alot

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
HOW CAN YOU BE A PART OF THESE FORUMS AND NOT KNOW WHO THE GMAN IS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyways i lost count, but i saw him alot

Calm down. Same goes for CombineSoldier. He is new (4 posts) and is asking a valid question--at least try to be helpful. We, as the HL2 community, should be nice to our nice new friends :) The more the better. He probably got the game last week and is wanting to know more.

Welcome to the forums odwyer1980. As others have stated, the model was named "Gman" in HL1, and I know Gabe Newell responds to questions when he is called the Gman. I believe it was even explained that Gman = government man. There is a thread on the forum with all the sitings.

Again, welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home!

Ennui said:

Yes, I'm a nerd.

ALT+145 = æ
ALT+146 = Æ

is there a place that has a list of all of these (ALT+???), I'm sure there is millions, considering the permeutations (I think I spelled that wrong) on the num pad.

Acert93 said:
I believe it was even explained that Gman = government man.

And I believe that it was posted by me that GMAN=BOE agent! Why does nobody agree with me?

EDIT: for those of you just reading this post and not my other one, when I say Gman=BOD Agent, I don't mean the ingame gman, I mean Gmen (lol) in real life.

i found this on www.dictionary.com:
G-man (jmn)
n.
An agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------[g(overnment) + man.]

so yes, i agree w/ u sinkoman.

hah!
i figured it out! well sorta i searched gman in the dictionary.com and it came up with this: G-man
n.
An agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

so as u can see gman is a noun. he does look liek an adjective but hes not.

If anyone says anything else about The G-man being gordons father or Gordon is G-man etc, Then I will find you and destroy you.

yeah i didnt see gman for awhile until that place after nova prospect on the tv im like HOLYSH!T and the tv goes blank

Z3R0112 said:
He doesnt have a name... he is just refered to as G-Man... but why G-man... is it a clue to the story of Half-Life 2?

His name is Ted. Ted McGeorge the III. He lives in New Jersey and sells life insurance in a pyramid scheme. I would expect nothing less from such a shady character.

Oh, and about six times, I think.

I know this is a bit late (a year in fact) but thanks to Acert93 for the welcome message.

It's funny looking back how I got attacked for referring to the G-man as "the guy with the briefcase", but that's all I knew him has.

I played the first game in 1998 and saw him a lot, so I'm hardly a "noob" as I was referred to by the second poster in this thread.

I know many people who are big fans of Half Life, and have played both games from 1998-2005, who simply also refer to him as 'the man with the briefcase'.

Although I do find the way I was mocked for not knowing he was called the G-man, quite humorous. It was like I was being ridiculed by nerds who are all laughing at me in the form of those geeks from Saved by the Bell.

"Hehehe - He nevers knews who the G-man was. Hehehe"

Anyway, apologies for the late reply.

Back