How many times you completed hl

Ahnteis said:
RE: Reloading -- yup. I'm an active "Reloaders Annonymous" member.
Running around in CS for example--I've fired 2 of 30 shots. Have to reload. What if I NEED those 2 extra bullets?! =(

heh, me too. i was playing return to castle wolfenstein and everytime i shot i had to reload. my dad was watching me and asking "why do you have to reload".... ummm. but those few extra bullets do count.... right??

actually the way i play is really slow and annoying; it would really suck to have to watch me play. i have to get everything just right--like if i lose like 2 health it's not good enough so i play through that whole part again until i get it right. if it's possible to not lose any health then i just do it over again. i think i have obsessive compulsive disorder...... :eek:

dfc05 said:
heh, me too. i was playing return to castle wolfenstein and everytime i shot i had to reload. my dad was watching me and asking "why do you have to reload".... ummm. but those few extra bullets do count.... right??

actually the way i play is really slow and annoying; it would really suck to have to watch me play. i have to get everything just right--like if i lose like 2 health it's not good enough so i play through that whole part again until i get it right. if it's possible to not lose any health then i just do it over again. i think i have obsessive compulsive disorder...... :eek:
I did that playing Max Payne, tryed to get through every section without getting hit \o/

Annoyed the girl who was watching me play no end :p

I've beat HL 3 times on Medium and 1 time one Hard.

I used to be a quick save whore in MP but then I just stopped caring. So then I started to barely ever save.

From memory, twice on medium, then went through on difficult once, and easy a few times when I was bored. OpForce only once on easy recently when I borrowed it off a mate.

Pressure said:
I've beat HL 3 times on Medium and 1 time one Hard.

I used to be a quick save whore in MP but then I just stopped caring. So then I started to barely ever save.

Sounds like me :D MP and MP2 got me out of the habit of quicksaving all the time, and for games like CoD and FC where you have savepoints fairly often I don't even bother anymore. I'm glad HL2 is going for this approach aswell (atleast I heard somewhere...).

Half-Life - Easy = 5-6 times - Normal = 3-4 times - Hard = 1 time

Half-Life Opposing Force - Easy = 4-6 times - Normal = 0-1 - Hard = 0

Half-Life Blue Shift - Easy = 2-3 times - Normal = 0 - Hard = 0

And a plenty of singleplayer MODs too, like Case Closed (1 time on easy), USS Darkstar (2 times on easy) and They Hunger Episode 1 and 3 (didn't complete Episode 2, anyway completed Episode 1, 1 time on easy, and Episode 3, 1 time on easy).

I'm pretty chickenhearted. ;)

I played half-life on easy the first time i got it. After that it was hard setting all the way.
Ive completed the game about 3 times i think. I've completed Opposing force 2 times on hard and ive completed blueshift 2 times on hard.

I really loved Blueshift, but i think the lack of new weapons, even the op4 ones put a lot of people off. The story was different and a change from the norm of halflife which may have lost some fans to.

I liked the way you escaped...no gman taking an interest, no big damn alien and no saving the world. Just you and a few scientists running for you life. It had some cool sequences to, like the lift scene where it all goes wrong. Again, you are just a security guard on your shift without a clue whats going on around you. It was very atmospheric that part.

Oh yeah ive played a few single player mods as well. I cant remember them all but the one that stands out the most is Azure Sheep. They Hunger was alright as well.

Farrowlesparrow said:
no big damn alien and no saving the world. Just you and a few scientists running for you life. It had some cool sequences to, like the lift scene where it all goes wrong.

I agree with you there, that's why I also liked Blue Shift very much. But on the other hand, I like Opposing Force more than regular Half-Life... I don't know really why, but it's must be because it's no frustrating Xen part in OF and it has plenty of big badass weapons like the M249 and Sniper Rifle.

Also, I liked Race X too, how they were enemies against the Xen animals was pretty cool too. :)

Kadayi Polokov said:
I've done HL¹ three times on medium
OP4 about 75% through
BS about 60% through

u haven't completed Blueshift? its the shortest of the 3.. if ur 60% through than ur almost there :p

Letters said:
I never finished it. Steam decided to go out of beta when I had finally gotten around to trying to play it again sooo... yeah... didn't start over.

hmm.. what part were u on? im playing through for a 3rd time now and have a bunch of saves from all the levels (i think).. most of the levels anyway.. let me know and i'll send u the file so u can continue from there :)

mrBadger said:
I did that playing Max Payne, tryed to get through every section without getting hit \o/

lol strangely.. i did that with Max Payne as well.. :rolling:

i always save, save alot.. mainly cause i like to play single player games in 30 minute spurts.

and i invented "The Chronic Reload Syndrome" club aight? :p

anyway, here are my hl/op4/bs stats :E

HL - 1x on medium and 2x on hard
OP4 - 1x on medium and 1x on hard
BS - 1x on hard

Back