How much space to save for HL 2

I remember when I was so impressed with my 4 gb and now i couldn't fit UT2004 on it lol.

It wasn't long ago (1.5 year ago I guess) - I still had a 1.2GB hard disk :| Can you imagine? :D

i need to burn and delete all of my HL2 vids. hopefully theyll just be replaced by new binks soon.

half life 2 is small size compard to other games out now becuase for half life 2 they had pro coders which can make the source code small = less GB and the load times r way faster unlike farcry which is 4.5gb and it takes a long to load.

marty905 said:
half life 2 is small size compard to other games out now becuase for half life 2 they had pro coders which can make the source code small = less GB and the load times r way faster unlike farcry which is 4.5gb and it takes a long to load.

The source code is the thing that takes the least space. Textures/sounds/movies are big.

Dr. Freeman said:
time to un-install Max Payne 1 & 2 and Prince of Persia :p

I uninstalled mines ages ago. :p

I have more than 40GB of free space waiting for HL2 and it's ports.

brink's said:
there won't be any movies in HL2.

Which is why it's smaller. But even far cry and ut2k4 had like 1 or 2 movies at the most, if I remember correctly.

marty905 said:
far cry is basically the same size as Half Life 2, and Far cry is not over 4 gigs big. i dont know where the hell you got the figure "4.5".

I had about 1GB left not too long ago. I realised I had to tidy up a bit and managed to get get 10GB back! I deleted my old HL2 movies and I've just kept the latest one. It'll tie me over till release! ;)

all i got is about 9 gigs of space left on my pc, i'll porbably have a new 160 gb HD buy time HL2 releases though.

May I remind you that Half-life 2 is also for people don't have a supercomputer.

Back