How to get a girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for someone who you like and get on with, short term relationships blow and often occur because the people involved don't actually get along.

Don't get one by going to a club or pub and trying chat up lines, that stuff is for half wits and mutants, someone from work or uni.

Don't take your time, ignore people who say this because they generally have had a lot of friendships with girls and not many relationships, if there is magnetism let it ride. But don't rush at the same time, johnny desperate never gets laid.

Be interesting, tight advice if you aren't interesting but generally everyone is to some degree so work with that, don't be a yes man agreeing with everything she says don't be a chauvanist bigot who assumes he has to sweep the girl of her feet whether she wants it or not. Just be cool.

Finally, never try for mates ex's, you might succeed, and that's worse than getting shot down by someone who your mates can pull.

I can't understand the logic of asking for romantic help at a video game forum. I guess the only advise I have to you is go outside. Meet girls in your neighborhood. If they don't like you, expand out to your school. If no girls like you there, expand your area of search further. It's what I did, and that's why I drive an hour to get to my girlfriends house.

Its not like everyone here is going to be constantly thinking about games... There are even married men here, you use your resources as they come to you. This, with its many members, is bound to have some people who know what they're talking about. Even if its just a few comforting words.

Even you gave some advice!

Farrowlesparrow said:
Its not like everyone here is going to be constantly thinking about games... There are even married men here, you use your resources as they come to you. This, with its many members, is bound to have some people who know what they're talking about. Even if its just a few comforting words.

Even you gave some advice!
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. Another piece of advice for our friend here comes from Dave Attell. Look at my sig for the advise.

Mattigus said:
I can't understand the logic of asking for romantic help at a video game forum. I guess the only advise I have to you is go outside. Meet girls in your neighborhood. If they don't like you, expand out to your school. If no girls like you there, expand your area of search further. It's what I did, and that's why I drive an hour to get to my girlfriends house.

because, i hope atleast, that we arent just hear for hl2. its done and dusted, so why is this forum up still??

can you say 'community' anyone?
lol its great here :E

therefore we help each other out no matter what the problem

Garfield_ said:
i spend all my time here

Thats problem uno problem zwie is that you have a cber gf

It is very easy to cure, Do you have any non-geek friends? If so go to the movies with them scope for girls, If not make friends with a girl in ur class (assuming ur in school) Easy wa to pick up girls BE FUNNY befriend them and eventually ask them out. But beware, do not be friends with them for more than a month when you ask them out, otherwise itll be too wierd if she says no.

Mattigus said:
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. Another piece of advice for our friend here comes from Dave Attell. Look at my sig for the advise.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Hahahah....beautiful. Your sig really moved me, man.

Garfield_ said:
Im 17 and ive never ever got any girlfriend :bonce:
Since i spend all my time here, with the computer and im never out so i cant get one like that except some cyber girlfriend which i dont want. So im wondering if i could get some tips here if you would like to write something about how you met your girlfriend...

embarassing ? :rolling:

this 1 time i touched a girls boobs

sucks to be you man

Farrowlesparrow said:
Edit 2: Another thing. When you do find someone you like, don't feel too pressured to do things the normal way. You don't need to have "dates" and all that malarky if you don't want to. Just find something you both enjoy, and do that. Obviously, that might include going for meals and such...but it doesn't have to necessarily be "a date"
And if it's the perfect girl, then that includes gaming and/or paintballing :LOL:

Yeah, I'm sad.

Exclamatio said:
this 1 time i touched a girls boobs

sucks to be you man

I touched boobs once too!

Okay, they were my manboobs... :(

But FYI, they're muscle, not fat.

PvtRyan said:
I touched boobs once too!

Okay, they were my manboobs... :(

But FYI, they're muscle, not fat.

its close enough man

maybe 1 day we can both touch real boobs :(

Exclamatio said:
its close enough man

maybe 1 day we can both touch real boobs :(
Boobs are like, the coolest things to touch.

Moobs, on the other hand, are not. :|

Alright, I've got a girl who likes me but everyone else thinks she's a bit of a loser. She's quite hot, what should I do?

It is only other people's opinions, the important thing is what YOU think.

Danimal said:
It is only other people's opinions, the important thing is what YOU think.
Danimal couldn't have said it better. Who the hell cares, dude, its not them that she's gonna be dating. :p

...or making sweet, sweet love to. ;)

I think I'll hold out till someone better comes up. Hey party tommorow anyway!

Mattigus said:
I can't understand the logic of asking for romantic help at a video game forum. I guess the only advise I have to you is go outside.
HAH! Quoted for truth.

I think this thread should be entitled "How to get page views." Congrats, sir.

But seriously: they don't call it "getting lucky" for no reason. In my case it just sorta happened. It was a chance meeting at a mutual friend's birthday party, and I managed to catch on to her signals (though she was hitting me over the head with 'em, laughing at everything I said, etc.) and by the end of the night I had her number.

I never had a girl just fall into my lap (so to speak) like that before, and I know I'll never have it that easy again. Work hard. Be persistent. Lower your standards ;) just kidding.

Ahh these forums :D

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't well who gives a shit? You've still got your pet kitten named toodles to keep you company. Just get on with your life....and get back to playing games.

Mattigus said:

I think the reason he's asking us for help is because we all qualify as similar in at least one aspect: we all love the HL universe! And also we do qualify in a certain brand of intellectual geek (I mean that in the best way possible; as a compliment).

As for advice:

1. Forget everything movies and television tell you. They're fantasies made by people who don't know jack shit.

2. People say you need to have balls to go up and talk to a girl. You don't. You only need your tongue. It's that simple. Talking to a girl is no different than talking to anyone else. Open your mouth, say something you like and hope she'll like. Do not ever ask something that ends with a yes/no answer. Your objective here is to start a conversation. Not ask where the library is. Or the time of the day, or that classic, Do you know this guy/girl?

3. Your objective is also not to ask her out on a date. Oh, sure, it's the underlying objective, but right now what you're doing is just talking. Do not try to act smooth, just say what you'd say to anyone else--in other words she is not a Goddess, she is just another human being who also takes a shit every morning just like you do.

4. I understand that your basic problem seems to be just starting that first conversation. Perhaps you should remember this: you're not setting out to make a girlfriend, you're setting out to make an associate, a contact, a friend. Think of how you've made friends over the years, how you started up those conversations. There's a good chance you don't remember those conversations, because they really are inconsequential. There is no Ultimate method to make friends/girlfriends.

5. Do not wonder what she'll think, do not think she'll think, what's this loser doing talking to me? Do not fear that she'll just brush you off. Actually she might, but that's HER fault, not yours. You tried, didn't you? There are loads upon loads of girls in the world.

6. Contrary to what someone else suggested, do not decide that a girl is too... good for you (too pretty, too popular, whatever). The moment you think that, she actually does become too good for you.

7. Mattigus is right. The only way you can get a girlfriend is not by asking around for help in a forum, but by going out in the real world. That's where they are. :)

8. Finally, the only thing I can tell you is again: talk. The more you talk, the more you realize that women aren't, you know, ice-queens, and the easier it becomes.

When I saw a bunch of girls I used to be intimidated but then I thought why should I be intimidated? If anything they should be intimidated of me and I just act as if I'm in control.

and that my friends is the key philosophy. The Lear philosophy

Ok,ok,ok I will keep it simple. Girls judge boys by how they look and what they have. If, you look broke and tried, the only thing girls are going to give you is loose change. If you look like you got some fashion sense and drive an expensive car, girls will be all over you. They like things that are shiny, I know that sounds really bad but you take a girl to or around a jewelry store they will go crazy and start pointing at stuff but then again if you take a guy to a video game store they start doing the same thing. lol

Just be your self and see what happens! :borg:

skull24 said:
Girls judge boys by how they look and what they have. If, you look broke and tried, the only thing girls are going to give you is loose change. If you look like you got some fashion sense and drive an expensive car, girls will be all over you.

You haven't been on the planet long have you??

eatbugs said:
Alright, I've got a girl who likes me but everyone else thinks she's a bit of a loser. She's quite hot, what should I do?
i think those people are called "SLAGS" :)

Theres this girl in my english class, im really attracted 2 her, but shes MILES above me. She knows how i feel but its not mutual (I.E: She likes me but doesnt like like me)
What do i do?

Talk to her more, try and find out her likes and dislikes. If they are completely different there is a slight chance of not progressing further.

I feel like I am giving a walkthrough.

lol
We are very similiar, she thinks im a nice person, we both have lots of mates.....its just that shes very attractive and im not :dozey: - The people in our school are shallow bastards....in we did "go out" both our reputations would be royally ****ed ;(

You guys try too hard, it's way too much effort actually bothering. Im much happier sitting on my arse then actually TRY to get girls, I mean whats the point? It's just a casual thing, it shouldn't be a chore. Just talk normally be nice, don't let them walk over you, say something funny that is relevent and well perhaps they will be attracted by this, if not you can always come home and play HL2. It's win win :p

Get really drunk and do what feels right to you.

Sieg said:
Get really drunk and do what feels right to you.

a drunk guy killed 5 police officers.......

Danimal said:
And the ladies are ALL over him :D

which means that we all should kill CPs/police/soldiers/infidels

I find good ways to get women attracted to you, be cocky and funny, take the piss out of her but in a humourous way, so that she might hit you but smile at the same time. Act like she wants you, like if she grabs your arm, say something like, man you cant keep your hands off me can you. Never feel intimidated by her, if you think to yourself, she would never want me, youre right, she wouldnt want someone who thinks like that. Always look her directly in the eye, never show nervousness, never act like you need her, act completely comfortable with her. Walk tall, move slowly, talk deep. Never be boring, always talk about something interesting, not like what do you do, where do you live etc, and always act indifferent, if shes showing someone else attention, you dont care. Always end things first, tease her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back