How to get Kleiners_lab.exe!

adio2001

Reaction score
Remember to close steam before you start to edit the file. Ok first off you need to get Ultraedit (search for it on Google). After you install it, open gcache.gcf, it will take a while depending on your computer. After it opens go to search and type /media/movies it should bring you to the string that needs to be edited. Highlight the G in G-man, and start typing this in
Kleiners_lab.exe"}"2", after you typed that in exit the program, it should ask you if you want to save click yes. This should take a while also so be patient. Now open steam and go to open the movies section. It should only have G-man in it. Check to see if you are downloading anything. If you are it worked, now just wait and when it's finished open it up with steam and you get the kleiners lab part.

irc.global-dimension.org #g-xdcc /msg G-XDCC-045 xdcc send #1 first type /dccallow +G-XDCC-045

Now are these video's the exact same one's that they would release otherwise?

Yes G-Man these videos are actually sent by Steam and Valve but not unlocked until a later date. You actually already have the video you just have to unlock it.

You need to download a file called Bittorrent look for it on google. After you get it open the file you downloaded with btdownloadgui.

After I go to search..which category from the pull-down menu do I go to to type in /media/movies ?

Find. Then search for media/movies/ and replace HL2-G-Man.exe with what I said.

I am searching for /media/movies in ultraedit, but don't even see any english characters in the hexfile. Are there any settings i need to change?

Nevermind i found , you must check ASCII in the box. thanks.

Nevermind ,I found it, thanks alot for tolerating my stupidity.

it says i cant save it, not enough mem or something, but i do......so SOMEONE HELP!!!!

well i got that bitorrent or whatever it is, d/l the file....says it will take like 1 hour and 30 min 0_o

Bah, this didn't work. I edited the hex file, opened Steam and it said that I only had the G-Man video but nothing started downloading. So I swapped in my back-up gcache file and now it shows G-Man and Docks.

It's too late to be futzing around with this crap. I'll just wait until the movie is officially released tomorrow like everybody else.

actually more ppl are getting it this way then waiting haha. felt like we waited long enough just to watch ;0

I can't wait for the guys at Valve to get really pissed and just cut off the media. I hope they do. You people are ungreatful to what you get. Instead of waiting a day or two for the next video to come out, you try and "hack" Steam. I'm sure they'll see this, and just stop giving out media to little jerks like you. So have fun while you can, you'll regret it soon enough I'm sure.

They wouldnt cut off the media b/c of a few people. They might make it so u cant hack the files tho.

Im sticking with downloading the slow torrent file. Everyone gives you computer genius instructions that you dont understand. They tell you how to do it but dont tell you what program to use. There is Axe, Hex, UltraEdit... To confusing for me.

Originally posted by SnowBall
They wouldnt cut off the media b/c of a few people. They might make it so u cant hack the files tho.

Thats a lame excuse, honestly there has to be something in a copyright statement that says hacking into the catche like this is illegal. I'm really not trying to sound like an ass, just kinda warning you people who may be unaware of copyright laws. Seeya/.

Originally posted by BoS
I can't wait for the guys at Valve to get really pissed and just cut off the media. I hope they do. You people are ungreatful to what you get. Instead of waiting a day or two for the next video to come out, you try and "hack" Steam. I'm sure they'll see this, and just stop giving out media to little jerks like you. So have fun while you can, you'll regret it soon enough I'm sure.

Pfft. Is everyone aware that the whole purpose of releasing the videos over Steam is to test Steam out? Right now they're testing out functionality that 'predownloads' content before it actually gets released. They could care less if we see the videos early or not. In fact, I'm sure they're actually happy to find out that the cache can be easily hacked when they're only distributing videos we've already seen. Imagine if people didn't figure this out until later, when they were releasing important stuff and games that cost money.

Much better to find out about problems during testing than during production. We're doing them a big favor by showing them what the exploits are, hiring a big enough QA team to do this stuff is expensive.

When I search in the file, all the letters are gibberish. Is there a setting I need to change? If so, where is it?

Originally posted by Peks
irc.global-dimension.org #g-xdcc /msg G-XDCC-045 xdcc send #1 first type /dccallow +G-XDCC-045

ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS REQUIRES NO HEX EDITING :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by qckbeam
Yes G-Man these videos are actually sent by Steam and Valve but not unlocked until a later date. You actually already have the video you just have to unlock it.
My I ask why Valve won't unlock all the videos altogether? Why are they doing this? :mad:

Could someone tell me what line to go to int he text editor? Would make it much more simple. My searches aren't working.

They are testing the functionality of Steam. Steam is able to 'predownload' content for you and then 'release' it at a later time, great feature. It makes it so is Valve says "We're going to release a 100 MB CS update on July 28th at 8:23 PM", they can release it on that date, but not have the bandwidth problems associated with 10,000 people trying to download 100 MB at the same time. They can push the data out to people as network bandwidth allows beforehand, and then give everyone access at the same time.
They're probably going to need to make some changes tho, obviously.

i think it would annoy many people to have stuff downloaded on their hard drive that they are unable to access.

Well it annoys people when something gets released and you can't download it for 2 days because all the bandwidth is used up too.

The .gcf is is taking up 400 megs regardless, you won't even notice that something gets downloaded unless you watch your Steam Monitor.

Originally posted by adio2001
After it opens go to search and type /media/movies it should bring you to the string that needs to be edited.
It doesn't. Your missing a step. I followed your tutorial to the letter.

Originally posted by Peks

Ok... What is that, and how do I use it? Is there any easy way to access this unreleased movie?

Jesus christ!, when I replace HL2-G-Man.exe with the new one it says they must be the same byte size !?! wtf !?

Back