How to get past helicopter in canal?

V

Vortex

I can't get past the helicopter in canal after walking through a toxic waste tunnel. I'm on foot and don't stand a chance to get this chopper down. Any suggestions?

Bad News

You will not complete on foot. You need to have the airboat fitted with the gunship gun. Once you have that easy to get the gunship and proceed. Other then that i have no idea how you could do it other then cheat codes none of which i have.

But how to you get the boat up into the tunnel with the sludge? It's not fast enough to clear the jump!

There are lots of tunnels with sludge - your'e going to have to be more specific, or post a screenshot.

Most of the jumps involve 'physics' puzzles setting up a ramp for the jump.

and when can I fit the gunship with the gun? I'm stuck in the same place and I can't see a reason why I should play from an earlier savepoint.

The Zapper said:
and when can I fit the gunship with the gun? I'm stuck in the same place and I can't see a reason why I should play from an earlier savepoint.
You get help from the resistance along the way.

Do you see anything that resembles a ramp? Some involves floating barrels or using cranes. Get the airboat back, trust me, u'll really want it for what comes later.

Yeah I did about 45 minutes of foot because I left the airboat behind, the chopper just mows you down with machine gun fire unless you are in airboat.

I'm right at the helicopter. I tried to go back but I can't seem to get past the burning barrier earlier on. maybe I didn't look hard enough, I was pissed. I'll try again, but can someone please help?

Put the blue barrels in the crate that is under the water, then you can jump the craft over the water pit...

ok, I went all the way back to when you first get the craft. no gun anywhere. so I went back to the helicopter, checking again. can't see anything. just to clarify, it's the part where there are two closed gates (one is number 5 I believe), where you first get the revolver. when I'm on foot the helicopter wasts me. so where can I mount the gun?

You can't mount the gun on the boat; it has to be done for you at the next underground railroad check point.

And just a tip for all of you who keep venturing out on foot: don't. There are times when you need to temporarily leave your vehicle to clear an obstacle, but as a general rule in the game, stay near your vehicle until it gets taken away from you.

BTW when you get to the point where you're on the air boat and you meet the girl, make sure you park NEXT to the dock NOT infront of it. i did that on accident and didn't get the gun. SO i had to go ALL THE WAY back to a previous save point and do it all over again. PARK NEXT TO DOCK.

so the checkpoint is past the helicopter? I just need to get past it on foot or what? sorry, I'm so lost there. I've tried several times and got into the warehouse once but with little health and then got killed. remember, it's right where you get the revolver.

OK>..not directly related to the question, but what do you do after you've destroyed the helicopter and gone through the big gate. I'm totally lost what to do...please help.

argh. Know double posting is frowned upon, but I neeeeed to get back to the secksah half-life goodness...please someone help!

Back