Human-Monkey love: Creationists collectively gasp

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
national geographic said:
Early human ancestors and chimpanzee ancestors may have mated and produced offspring, according to a new DNA study.

The study suggests that the human and chimp lineages initially split off from a single ape species about ten million years ago. Later, early chimps and early human ancestors may have begun interbreeding, creating hybrids—and complicating and prolonging the evolutionary separation of the two lineages.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/humans-chimps.html

oooh baby, was that good for you?

I heard this on the news last night. Shocking yet thought-provoking.

I guess the phrase "You're a monkey's uncle" holds some merit now. :p

Mr Stabby said:
God put monkey men evidence there to test our faith...

Oh noes!! He's one of them, RUN!!

Mechagodzilla said:
Monkey-men put God evidence there to test our brains.
Our failure is our demise, I think.

Mr Stabby said:
God put monkey men evidence there to test our faith...

I thought it was teased ...like how god teased moses in the desert

hehe no man ..I joke ..it was a line from the simpsons

CptStern said:
hehe no man ..I joke ..it was a line from the simpsons

Although I've never seen that episode, that "tease" line made me laugh my ass off just reading it.

God planted fossils in the ground too! Because God works in mysterious ways. To add in another cliche.

PvtRyan said:
God planted fossils in the ground too! Because God works in mysterious ways. To add in another cliche.
Bill Hicks knows.

“Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith." Thank God I'm strapped in right now here man. I think God put you here to test my faith, Dude. You believe that? "Uh huh." Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be...****in' with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around: "Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA.”

Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla
Monkey-men put God evidence there to test our brains.
:D! Anyway, this thread gives me an idea... :naughty:

You're going to put monkey-men evidence there to confuse our brains?

Its worth noting that this was a bit of a misleading title. The claim is not that modern humans were interbreeding with modern chimps, but rather that ancient hominids (our decidely chimp-like ancestors) did so with ancient chimps to whom they were still pretty closely related.

I was waiting to see when this thread would happen good job stern.

And all the creationists will go monkey nuts over the claim, pun intended!

Just a thought

yeah, I was planning on posting this after reading it in discover. Apparently alot of the scientific community is shocked too, but this is what close study of the human genome has brought us: a conclusive lineage that often reveals shocking new clues.

It's actually quite logical to assume that if our early anscestors (like austropithacaleus (sp?)) were enough like chimps to mate with them, cross breeding would have occured.

Back