Humans Suck (mostly Dog--)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a monkey skin hat.

i'd love to see some evidence that as humans there are many different types of us on planet Earth. like right now we could have split off into 4 different species and we wouldn't even know it with how many people there are right now

a dog is pretty much a dog, a cat is pretty much a cat, a bear is pretty much a bear, etc etc. But a human is just oh so much more than just a human...
No, a human is just a human, but 'just' in our case encompasses so much. No human is more than human--it's simply that some people take their humanity to greater heights.

That being said, there are people like Dog-- who demonstrate the other end of humanity's spectrum.

Proof:
Human (Homo sapiens) is successful and is superior than all other organisms on Earth.

Premise 1: Only successful organisms can survive and reproduce under natural selection.
Premise 2: Only superior organisms can occupy the top of the food chain(food web).
Premise 3: Human survive, reproduce and thrive on the top of the food chain.

Conclusion: Human is successful and is superior than all other organisms on Earth.

Stop arguing humans are physically inferior, strength and speed are irrelevant when all that's needed is to outsmart the animal. That's easy.

Stand up, as you are now and go and kill a tiger with your bare smarts.

As has been said humans can become pretty badass physically, and are unsurpassed at pack hunting (with a bit of practice for modern man). Our intelligence (apart from Dog-- and his ilk) and tool use, trap-making are also big pluses.

Ever hear someone tell you about how opposed they are to fox-hunting? It's not fair, they say, to chase one mangy fox with a bunch of humans on horseback and an entire pack of dogs. Maybe they're right - it's hardly the most equal match. But what they forget is how severely we're handicapping ourselves. To hunt a fox like that is to abandon all of our natural advantages. Because if we were using all of our natural advantages, we would be justified in using the entire resources of the modern coercive State - the helicopters with searchlights, the RFID tags, the mobilisation of citizenry, the armed forces and police, not to mention the more tangental institutions of biology and research - yes, all of that - just to catch and kill one mangy fox. And if we lost it, we could, theoretically, just nuke the entire area.

This is the disproportionate absurdity of Catch The Pigeon, only shit just got real.

Just interested...how many here would like to see the end of human civilization?

Proof:
Human (Homo sapiens) is successful and is superior than all other organisms on Earth.

Premise 1: Only successful organisms can survive and reproduce under natural selection.
Premise 2: Only superior organisms can occupy the top of the food chain(food web).
Premise 3: Human survive, reproduce and thrive on the top of the food chain.

Conclusion: Human is successful and is superior than all other organisms on Earth.

Premise 2 is where you lost it. Top of the food chain is no measure of evolutionary success. It's actually the least stable place to be because you depend on everything that you eat, but the things you are eating do not depend on you.

Humans suck, but not for the reasons you presented.

Modern humans lived and prospered for almost 10000 years. It's now that we're going to **** ourselves up.

Our being able to destroy ourselves now is a direct result of us prospering for 10000 years. It's not like we were nice to each other during any particular period of that history, we've just gained the ability to wipe out a truly meaningful chunk of the populace, a goal towards which we have almost always had an ambition. Besides, if you look at it on the whole, technological progress has almost universally improved life for us, with very few exceptions.

There are probably evolved humans on Earth. When I mean evolved I mean slight mutations that are beneficial, such as immunity to certain deadly diseases.

The thing is, modern day medical technology is so ridiculously advanced that it doesn't matter whether you have immunity or not to a deadly disease, since you'll have a high chance of surviving anyways.

If we follow the principles of natural selection, anybody lacking a trait to survive will eventually die out. Whiles those with a trait enabling to survive will pass it along the offspring. This leaves only the best and most adaptable of us. Though modern day technology has enabled people with crap traits to pass their genes to the offspring, creating a population of heavily medical reliant people.

We've evolved incredibly in terms of intelligence, but at the same time our biology is not getting any better (it's probably getting worse). If there is ever a limit to medical technology, then we're doomed in the next 30 years or so.

There are probably evolved humans on Earth. When I mean evolved I mean slight mutations that are beneficial, such as immunity to certain deadly diseases.
There are many.
Sickle Cell Anaemia for example is quite common in several African populations, because being a carrier (heterzygous for the mutant allele) confers a degree of resistance to Malaria.
It's theorized that being a Cystic Fibrosis carrier gives you come resistance to cholera, typhoid and the like.
I think phenylketonuria is also suspected to give resistance to certain fungal toxins. Those big dummies get to chow down on poisonous toadstools!

I'd rather have a brain than some kind of environmental defense mechanism.

We are gonna evolve into the combine advisors and won't even need a butthole. (do they have buttholes?)

Ever hear someone tell you about how opposed they are to fox-hunting? It's not fair, they say, to chase one mangy fox with a bunch of humans on horseback and an entire pack of dogs. Maybe they're right - it's hardly the most equal match. But what they forget is how severely we're handicapping ourselves. To hunt a fox like that is to abandon all of our natural advantages. Because if we were using all of our natural advantages, we would be justified in using the entire resources of the modern coercive State - the helicopters with searchlights, the RFID tags, the mobilisation of citizenry, the armed forces and police, not to mention the more tangental institutions of biology and research - yes, all of that - just to catch and kill one mangy fox. And if we lost it, we could, theoretically, just nuke the entire area.

This is the disproportionate absurdity of Catch The Pigeon, only shit just got real.

This is essentially what I wanted to say. When hunting or being hunted, most animals will use any means necessary to achieve their goal. Our resources and organization are a result of our intelligence, so its silly to exclude them.

saying humans suck is like saying the most powerful and dangerous species on earth is weak. we have thumbs bro, and we still have butt cheeks cause they are sexy as hell on females (and we know how to wipe).

saying humans suck is like saying the most powerful and dangerous species on earth is weak. we have thumbs bro, and we still have butt cheeks cause they are sexy as hell on females (and we know how to wipe).

butt cheeks are just the tops of the legs, although i do enjoy them

what we need are cyborgs with rocket launchers for arms and rubber fisted dildos for feet...that's my ideal human.

IT TURNS OUT IT'S MAN.

scarydoor3p.jpg

It wasn't tools that helped humanity survive all those thousands of years. It was me, pushing and prodding your young species towards glory. And then you all got out of my hands, and shit got real. I couldn't keep up with the level of pure retarded that got pumped into reality by you filth. I mean, electroencephalograms, yo-yo's, the Industrial Revolution? What the hell guys. Then there was 4chan, and I just gave the **** up.

Clearly Dogs reasoning is flawed;

I suck
I am a human
Therefore, all humans suck.

You can't just disregard the most impressive thing about humans.

Some animals are stronger, faster, or bigger. But there are practical limits there. Humans are ridiculously vastly more intelligent, with no practical limit since knowledge and problem solving can be shared. The written word alone is an incredible feat unmatched by any other animal. Add in complex tool creation (animals have at best crude tool making abilities) and you have one seriously overpowered critter.

Humans are OP. You know those movies where some ridiculously advanced creature invades some planet? HUMANS ARE THAT CREATURE. Jaguars do not raid human settlements in the tropics for a reason, they prey on lone humans when they leave, and often they won't even attack for a long period of time simply because humans are dangerous. There was an episode of SurvivorMan were Les Stroud was alone in a rainforest, only to discover he was being hunted by a jaguar and nary but a spear to his name. It was the middle of the night and he walked 20 miles back to a native tribe with the cat trailing him all the way. The jaguar stayed well outside of the tribe's encampment. Because when you mess with one human, you have to deal with ALL of them.

The thing to take away from this is that Les Stroud has BALLS. Most people I know would have turned into screaming girls when they figured out they were being hunted by a jungle cat in the middle of the night and they are alone in the middle of a rainforest with no help around for 20 miles. Also there are documented cases of unarmed humans winning fights with animals such as bears and tigers. Usually ends badly for the human, but it's not a definite. The big bads of the animal kingdom HAVE lost to a single human in unarmed combat. Give a human a simple weapon and his odds leap DRAMATICALLY. Give him a modern weapon and the animal is TOAST.

I love how no-one knows why humans exist or even how, it's amazing. Maybe a celestial being unloaded into an early human/ape female to create a new never before seen species.

Awful, thread, Dog.

People tend to forget that opposable thumbs played a large part in the rising of humans. We could've been extremely smart, but without the opposable thumbs we couldn't have been able to use tools, and thus never being able to dominate the other animals. And as people have said, when you can pierce the heart of a lion with a sharp stick and good aim, you really don't really need to run fast, smell well or be strong.

Awful, thread, Dog.

People tend to forget that opposable thumbs played a large part in the rising of humans. We could've been extremely smart, but without the opposable thumbs we couldn't have been able to use tools, and thus never being able to dominate the other animals. And as people have said, when you can pierce the heart of a lion with a sharp stick and good aim, you really don't really need to run fast, smell well or be strong.

If only you'd knew how wrong you are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QjuYb_g2_o

:p

The subject in the OP - "Humans Suck (mostly Dog-- (j/k Dog-- is the best human)" - should end with a double close parenthesis. Just saying.

I didn't read anything after that and therefore have no further comment.

The subject in the OP - "Humans Suck (mostly Dog-- (j/k Dog-- is the best human)" - should end with a double close parenthesis. Just saying.

I didn't read anything after that and therefore have no further comment.

The state of the parentheses bothers me to no end as well.

I always thought when you did that, one was good enough to close both? It looks kind of stupid/messy with )) at the end..

I love how no-one knows why humans exist or even how, it's amazing. Maybe a celestial being unloaded into an early human/ape female to create a new never before seen species.
Yes it's hilarious becuase nobody knows. NOBODY KNOWS!!! Especially this dude on my bank note here, Mr.Darwin, he certainly won't know, let's not ask him.

I always thought when you did that, one was good enough to close both? It looks kind of stupid/messy with )) at the end..

Yo dawg, we herd you like parentheses, so we put a parenthesis in yo parenthesis so you can...

Oh shit I don't know where I'm going with that one.

Anyway, it's stupid/messy to put a parenthetical statement inside another parenthetical statement. Dog--, you fail at being human.

Yes it's hilarious becuase nobody knows. NOBODY KNOWS!!! Especially this dude on my bank note here, Mr.Darwin, he certainly won't know, let's not ask him.
They put Darwin on the pound sterling?

Yo dawg, we herd you like parentheses, so we put a parenthesis in yo parenthesis so you can...

Anyway, it's stupid/messy to put a parenthetical statement inside another parenthetical statement. Dog--, you fail at being human.

It would be acceptable only if he were a programmer. Which you would think he was, with a name like Dog--

So how should that message I wrote be conveyed then? Please show me.

If you open a bracket, you must close it. One closing bracket cannot close multiple opening brackets... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back