hydra still in hl2?

vegeta897 said:
Well I just want everyone to know the sounds and materials and models GCF's don't have ALL the models, sounds, or materials that are going to be in the final game...

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

Peabody McFee said:
Can Munro please explain how he knows this?

what he said. :(

Hydra is in the game, where is the source that says its not. ?

Wait a minute, I just realised!!
Does this mean no Alyx - Tentacle scene!?
:O

Lol, that was low...

Don't you love a mystery :)

Feath said:
Cut stuff from the game is something that Valve is good at. Normally developers are too attached to stuff, so they don't cut it even if it doesn't work.

im with you on this one. normally i would be pissed if the hydra were out, but you know if valve cut it there was a reason. you hear about it all the time from them, if something isnt working or not worth the effort, such as a flashy feature that has absolutely no gameplay value.

I jsut rememberd when I went to valve they said they were haveing problems with it.
so its not in the game.

sHm0zY said:
I jsut rememberd when I went to valve they said they were haveing problems with it.
so its not in the game.

A bit late but thanks. Hmm, oh well. It's a shame but we'll live.

sHm0zY said:
so its not in the game.

Are you pulling a SpitCodFry on us? :LOL:

I wonder what else was cut...racks memory of all hl2 knowledge and begins to worry

hmm somewhat off topic but in hl multiplayer for the PS2....gordon had a ponytail

Brian Damage said:
I think the model in the PC version has it too.

The Opposing Force model did (for when you meet him in game) but the Half-Life Multiplayer model didn't.

Yeah it would i dont see harm in posting what has been cut....since they wont be appearing in the game

Samon said:
Yeah it would i dont see harm in posting what has been cut....since they wont be appearing in the game

Yeah, but that's not a simply "yes or no" question is it?

I was referring to the other persons post...the yes or no was for whether the hydra has or hasnt been cut....but its pretty obviosu it has anyway

The hydra has been removed. I knew this would happen.

I think it's because they had to create a scripted sequence for it, and more hydra encounters would make the critics and players think that the game is heavily scripted. So to give it a dynamic and replayable feel - it seems they removed it.

Besides I really doubted there were multiple ways of the hydra attacking you in the same area - even with those A.I. hint things.

Valve have cut weapons, maps and npcs so far.

Cry for the hound eye

Theyre going for what is easy to. make and looks flashy now

Cheta said:
Valve have cut weapons, maps and npcs so far.

Cry for the hound eye

Theyre going for what is easy to. make and looks flashy now

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evidence

EDIT: Well, I have to leave now and I'm going to get to see your reply. I'm just going to assume you're a foolish person who saw the cache file and thought it was complete.

The Hydras looked invincible anyway. And like lans said, the scripting problems were likely the main reason to remove it from the game.

I tihnk hydra is still in, only limited, like that big ass creature in HL1 that lived in a nuke silo

A True Canadian: Both were won by the same players! 15 or so Canadains playing in florida doesnt make it an american team

Want evidence that the scope of the game has been reduced?

Find a ss of e3_c17_02 aka the strider map from e3.

Now compare it with a more recent shot of the same area. the additional street areas are now firely closed off with a barricade. Granted they are actually a 3d sky in the first place but the original video made it really seem like there was more to the world.

man and that level in the stolen build that had "main hydra battle here" really got me excited :(

Back