hydra still in hl2?

rrm said:
valve has reduced the game to 30% of its potential

thank god we have the stolen build

I think you are showing 87% idiocy with that statement. You haven't even played the game and the magazines seem to think it's pretty good.

The hydra from the leaked version only had two animations, an idle animation and a "e3_hydra" animation which was the one shown in the E3 bink video. I guess it's not in the game (it's already been confirmed somewhere in this thread anyway)

Aaw man *sob* Someone needs to recreate it for a mod. NOW! :D

I hope they don't remove it, it was really cool, although it does seem a bit derivative

I think that hydra was one of the best monsters ever concived.
I don't belive they cut it .

I prefer 1 minute with hydra then an hour regular game play.

:flame: *sigh* they are probbally keeping the hydra secret,
and if the reviewers havent said anythingabout it...Maybe valve is not letting them... :eek:

hmm...i think the OICW might have been cut as well...its in not one magazine review

The hydra kills a combine in one of the earliest videos (tunnels video i think it is)

im sure its in the vid (not watched it in ages) althought the vid wos made a long time ago i doubt they removed it.

The hydra didn't excite me that much--remember a certain water-based zelda64 level? Yeah. It's there.

The striders looked far more interesting.

I can't find the hydra model in the files . . . but it was in the leaked alpha. They most likely took it out. There was never a full model of a hydra, just the arm thing.

It was already confirmed a number of pages ago that the Hydra was indeed cut, and you can read about it in the Raising The Bar book.

KagePrototype said:
It was already confirmed a number of pages ago that the Hydra was indeed cut, and you can read about it in the Raising The Bar book.

By the way, when is that book due out?

If the Hydra is indeed cut, WHY OH WHY does this site still have it in the post-count system? I've seen both Majestic XII & KagePrototype who are called Hydras. Time for a removal or change in the system?

Alec_85 said:
If the Hydra is indeed cut, WHY OH WHY does this site still have it in the post-count system? I've seen both Majestic XII & KagePrototype who are called Hydras. Time for a removal or change in the system?

We could replace it with the combine elite.

Back