I am a wuss.

Operational

Reaction score
So after doing some work outside and getting a bit sweaty I decide to have a shower. Now my shower door is in 3 parts that slide over each other when the door opens. So I turn on the shower, strip off, hop in and start to close the shower door when...
BAM!
badshower.jpg

Bad photo, the flash go screwed over by the tinted doors, but you get the jist.

Now intellectually I know that most spiders are fine and this spider in particular, despite its size, is mostly harmless. They don't move often, sometimes spending days in the same spot and normally only move around when it is dark. But I've seen how extremely fast they can move when disturbed and that is what is worrying me. By starting to close the door I've brought a piece of plastic that holds the perspex extremely close to touching the spider, already shifting uncomfortably in it's new narrower environment. ****.

Thankful that the spider is on the outside of the door rather than the inside and that I stopped closing the door in time to prevent a terrified spider from being trusted inside with me I freeze and stare at it while I try to figure out my next move. I slowly open the outermost part of the door hoping that the vibrations and changes in the light level as it moves over the spider aren't enough to set it off. After what feels like ages I think I've opened enough space and I dash out bumping into the door as I do.

Anticlimactically the spider doesn't move. But I still stink and I feel like a total wuss.

If it bothers you kill it, otherwise ignore it. That's my method for dealing with any kind of insect, bug or arachnid. Usually when it comes to spiders I kill it, at least if it's any bigger than an inch across.

I would have died instantly by the mere sight of that thing

If it bothers you kill it
I didn't happen to have to have bug spray on me while I was naked in the shower and I could never physically touch a spider, especially one as big as my palm.

Now that I'm out of the shower... matters will be dealt with.

I screamed like a bitch just by opening the picture on wikipedia. Don't feel bad. Spiders are terrifying.

Seriously I had to close that tab in fear that that mother****er would leap through the screen at me

Holy ****ing shit what the **** is that kill that mother****ing shit

seriously I'd leave the country if I were you

i concur with the above holy shit statements. that thing is monstrous.

**** spiders, goddamn, I have no time for those hairy cocksuckers.

****ing Wiki link scare the shit out of me and now i keep feeling things on my shoulder. AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH.

Kill it with fire.

Don't worry, it's just a spider.
I've got 3 or 4 like that in my shower. They're cute.

**** I HATE SPIDERS. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE SHOWN ME THIS I CANT SLEEP NOW!. i find spiders in my room all the time as big as that i ****ing hate them, seriously ****.

**** I HATE SPIDERS. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE SHOWN ME THIS I CANT SLEEP NOW!. i find spiders in my room all the time as big as that i ****ing hate them, seriously ****.

Well..he didn't show you anything, you were the one that wanted to see it. It was pretty predictable actually.

noob

Oh, a Huntsman.

I'm not normally terrified by them, but if I were naked and in the shower? GTFO SHOWERTIEMZ.

I wouldn't be able to kill a spider that big unless I knew it was dangerously poisonous.

Not out of fear or anything(though maybe), but more because it'd seem like such a waste.

How close are you to the spider with the camera? If you're a couple feet away, that thing must be huge. Also, I would've ran down the hallway naked if that thing was in the shower with me.

By the way, the spider now knows what your weiner looks like. :D

Become one with your fear. Envisage yourself licking its abdomen and thorax. Imagine its mandibles tickling your nipples gently, the spider's many eyes twinkling with delight. See it jumping jumping off the shower door, landing on your face, and both of you then dancing away together in a waltz of purest ecstacy.

CRUSH ITS BODY AND WRING OUT THE INSECT BLOOD ONTO YOUR GENITALS
RIP OFF ITS LEGS AND STICK THEM IN YOUR EARS
CHEW AND SWALLOW ITS HEAD SO THAT YOU MAY OWN ITS LITTLE ARACHNID SOUL

I would be incredibly uncomfortable is THAT was to be in the shower next to me.

Jesus ****. I cant even shower if I see a normal sized spider in there, let alone one the size of my palm. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT.

I am soooo happy I didn't click that picture. Seriously, I don't need to get freaked out for ten minutes and check every corner of my house before I do anything else.

I'd kill it otherwise you might find it walking on your face at night.

crikey_logo.jpeg

Get out the hairspray and lighter and burn that mofo, AHHHH! :eek:

If it's in or around my home and it has more then 4 legs, I will kill it. Some exceptions include moths, flys (usually because they're too damn fast), crickets, dragonflys, etc.

Thank god I live in Estonia! When I'd meet that ****er i'd run like a bitch.

I wouldn't be able to kill a spider that big unless I knew it was dangerously poisonous.

Not out of fear or anything(though maybe), but more because it'd seem like such a waste.
Well rest assured then because Shower Spidey was moved outside.

I also had my shower in (relative) peace :D

How close are you to the spider with the camera? If you're a couple feet away, that thing must be huge.
Hard to say, I was using maximum zoom ;)

If I had to guess at its size I'd say around 4"x2".

Get out the hairspray and lighter and burn that mofo, AHHHH! :eek:

I have a mate who lives in Sydney where they get these ****ers.

spiderwideweb470x3560.jpg

Funnel Web Spider. One of the deadliest and most aggressive spiders in the world.

He walks into his garage the night before he's supposed to go interstate on a holiday and finds one of these bastards. He manages to corner it into the back of the garage and gets it to the point where it has nowhere to run to. The thing gets back on its hind legs and begins doing that snarling business with its fangs and legs. So my mate quickly grabs a can of deodorant hoping that the thing doesn't move in the time he's looking for it, finds the can, runs back to the garage and see's the thing still there.

He pulled out his lighter, got about 3 feet from the thing and shot one quick puff of flaming death at the thing before turning and running, thinking a vengeful flaming funnel web spider is out to kill him before it dies.

He went on holiday the next day, came back two weeks later and went in the garage to find the thing still reeling back on its hind legs. He burnt the thing to a crisp where it stood. Nuked the bitch.

Metal.

Kill it, kill it now! This will send a message to other spiders that you are not a push over. After killing at least 20 spiders in the last 2 years not one has bothered me since.

goddam it that thing is a third the size of a kitten. and I can easily kick a kitten at least 20 feet through the air, ya you guys are wusses

If I see a spider that I can't get to it with conventional feet stamps....

I get some sort of perfume spray. Usually a few sprays of it will blind/confuse the poor sap. While it's running away in fear, you have free reigns to SQUISH ITS ****ING ASS.

goddam it that thing is a third the size of a kitten. and I can easily kick a kitten at least 20 feet through the air, ya you guys are wusses

Says the guy who lives in Canada away from the giant spiders!

The creepiest thing about spiders to me, is when they attack. They move so fast and their legs all wrap around the victim and shit and they're... ugh it's just horrible. Sends chills up my spine imagining one of those doing that to my finger or my arm.

unless it vemonous or is carrying a gun it's not going to kill/harm you ..really just ****ing smash it with your closed fist jeez stop being a wuss ..oh and you forget that in canada we have the dreaded esquilax. one bite will rip your arm off.

If I see a spider that I can't get to it with conventional feet stamps....

I get some sort of perfume spray. Usually a few sprays of it will blind/confuse the poor sap. While it's running away in fear, you have free reigns to SQUISH ITS ****ING ASS.

Get a can of wasp/hornet spray like this: http://www.killsbugsdead.com/fop_w_h_k.asp, it sprays in a concentrated jet for longer range killing. Stuff is really strong, I've used it on a couple larg-ish spiders (half-hand sized brown recluse (or similar) spider), it knocks them out on contact and leaves them twitching on the ground for a few seconds. Before we had this stuff, we used to use regular bug spray, and it would just cause the large-ish spiders to sprint away drunkingly behind something to eventually die.

Has Kill it with Fire been mentioned yet?

If not, do it.

Just don't break the glass of your shower.

Back