I am building a headcrab!!!

well i decided what i'm going to coat the thing with, there's this clear resin stuff that is used on boats. it looks perfectly clear even when dry. i think it would make for an excellent texture and would make the mask look like its always wet as well as strengthen it

Make sure that stuff isn't toxic. The last thing we need is for you to go dying on us with a toxic headcrab on your face.

AP - Young videogame fanatic dies while wearing handmade toxic turkey on face.

Naw, as long as its dry then i'm safe. i found out about it when i noticed a a few globs of a clear resin type stuff on one of the benches in my painting class. It was rock hard but looked wet and completely clear. i asked the teacher if he knew what it was because when i saw it i knew i wanted to incorporate it into the mask.

He told me that it was a resin sold at nautical equptment stores that was really strong and needed an activator compound to get it to harden. Aparantly it is sold by the gallon. i'm gonna try to get me some of that.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again:

Flying Debris, you da man!

There are 4 magic letters for you Tyler
S-T-F-U
Oh yeah and 4 more
G-T-F-O

Slow down, he can't handle that many letters.

Hope this doesn't turn into a flaming thread, from now on I'm on-topic.

tyler311 said:
you guys are all ****in losers. wasting time and money making stupid shit from a game? if you do this or think its cool your a hardcore geek. get a life.
So why'd you join this forum then?

tyler311 said:
you guys are all ****in losers. wasting time and money making stupid shit from a game? if you do this or think its cool your a hardcore geek. get a life.
reported

personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum.

seriously man you need to look in the mirror and ask, Who the bigger geek is... the one who light heartedly enjoys creating things (be it from a game or not),
or the one trying to advocate his own supremecy, by having to put someone else down.

Seriously, who joins (goes through signup process on) a gaming forum and calls people geeks? Rofl, thats rich... anyway awsomeness with the mask and stuff, if that resin mess is completely clear, and hard, and you could paint enough of it on to make it thick i was thinking you might be able to coat it on the thing, and then slowly/gradually remove the material from just the certain areas, leaving sort of see through resin shit you could look thru, but i doubt its that sturdy, another option i suppose would be to affix glass lenses or even see through plastic to the inside of it and make it look gradually see through on the other side through wearing it down or whatever, bah, your the art student, lol

is taking best form now

and someone say overthere that the headcrabs maybe dont hav eyes but in the texture of the headcrab front,it look like hav litlle eyes

Attachments

• front.bmp
    6.5 KB · Views: 432
The last thing we need is for you to go dying on us with a toxic headcrab on your face.

Heh, I can just imagine the police report

Subject: flyingdebris

Report: After successive egging on and cajoleing by members of a internet chatroom, subject attatched a replica of what apears to be a large parasite to his face, dressed up in a lab coat, and attempted to take a selfphoto. Death was due to asphixiation. We are currently treating the death as suspicious ...highly suspicious.

well i've been busy with school work recently so i haven't gotten much work done on the headcrab since the last photo, i dod however purchase the resin stuff and a few cans-o-paint.

And tyler311 if you haven't already been banned, i am sorry, sorry that i (God Forbid) made a post about a pet project which I'm sorry has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry that my idea of creativity and fun does not directly run parallel to yours. I'm also sorry that you must resort to facist behavior to make your ego a little bit bigger.

Message deleted.

Tyler: if you came here to abuse then you
might as well take it to some other forums than these.

FD, will the mask cover the entire head of it's wearer? Or only partially? It would kind of suck to have to jab air holes in the front of the mask in addition to the eye holes.
Also, just a thought - Since the zombies in HL2 are just everyday people that were unfortunate enough to run into a headcrab in City 17, perhaps putting together a scientist outfit isn't neccesary. You could just grab some old clothes, put some fake blood on em, and combine them with your mask and claws, and presto one civillian zombie.

If it wasn't for 'nerds' and 'geeks' like FD we wouldn't have things like computers or movies like LOTR. What a sad world that would be where everyone looks like a Calvin Klein model, is utterly self-absorbed and has the intellectual depth of a pie pan. Can't wait to see the finished product FD.

Hey, Flyingdebris, are you going to do the whole "Chest Turning Into A Big Mouth With Sharp Teeth" thing?

i don't know if i'll have the resources necessary to do the chest full of teeth thing, i'll just say i'm a very fresh zombie. The idea about using random clothes did cross my mind, i was planning on doing that if i couldn't find a lab coat

jet jaguar said:
If it wasn't for 'nerds' and 'geeks' like FD we wouldn't have things like computers or movies like LOTR. What a sad world that would be where everyone looks like a Calvin Klein model, is utterly self-absorbed and has the intellectual depth of a pie pan. Can't wait to see the finished product FD.
good call man.

Flyingdebris said:
i don't know if i'll have the resources necessary to do the chest full of teeth thing, i'll just say i'm a very fresh zombie. The idea about using random clothes did cross my mind, i was planning on doing that if i couldn't find a lab coat

Just remember man:

When all else fails, go for pipe cleaners.

Looking awesome man. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when its done.

well i got myself a cheap lab coat and some cheap pants, furthermore i have gotten more skin applied to the front of the headcrab. I now only need to skin the rear feet, the mandibles, and the 2 front legs

oh and i finally got a blue green jacket to replace my flat black jacket as part of the combine outfit

thank you goodwill store for helping me get stuff for dirt cheap!

Flyingdebris said:
thank you goodwill store for helping me get stuff for dirt cheap!

those stores are awsome! Yeah, can't wait to see the final product ;) We need large pictures!!!!

Nice start, gonna take some work to beat these TFC weapon. The spanner rules.

Oh man.... sorry FD. I've been away from the computer for awhile and didn't see your question. ;(

I don't remember what the brandname was. I'm in and out of the parts store all the time so I will try to find out for you. It could help you on future projects. Good luck til then! :farmer:

don't worry i happened upon the stuff i needed already, i now have everything i need, its just the matter of putting it together by the weekend after this one

new pic of the headcrab

things left to do

1 finish the tips of the legs and bandibles
2 paint it up
2 cover it with epoxy gel
4 paint again

Attachments

• crabbyhead.jpg
    crabbyhead.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 488
wow, that is looking even cooler than i expected, keep it up!

Back