I find it hard to believe Vivendi is still bug testing the release candidate

Diablo 2 patch...yes PATCH..1.10 took 18 months of release candidates. True ****ing story! I waited the entire time.

We could be in for the long haul!

headcrabboy said:
Does it take this long to bug test a release candidate?

What the hell do you think? Testing a programm takes at least 30% of the whole project!

Um... they say the x-box version is releasing at the same time... anyone else thing think they might not really know?

of course they don't.
but we can kinda confirm that the RC process is well underway, if the ESRB has rated it. That means that they have been able to play, start to finish. Probably driver issues that plague them now.

Joe said:
Although, I'm not aware as to the internal workings of VUG, it seems obvious to me that the game is indeed done. What's occuring right now is VUG is merely stalling the Gold date, nitpicking little bugs that could be patched via steam upon release, so that they can release the game for the Holiday season. Nothing more then a marketing strategy.

quoted for truth

game probably had more bugs then valve could not found because this is pure bs that a game needs this long to go gold efter it passes a RC.

<vivendi> oops valve! you forgot the hl2 themed mp! try again!
<valve> omg k

AmishSlayer said:
How long has it been since the first RC was sent in?

I was surprised to hear Halo 2 going gold today. It is just 6 days after the RC had been sent in.

Yeah, well they dont **** around that game.

HL2 has too many issues, all this shit between Valve and VU. I come to think, its just a damn game man.

AmishSlayer said:
I was surprised to hear Halo 2 going gold today. It is just 6 days after the RC had been sent in.

There's only 1 hardware configuration for an X-Box though.

As far as halo goes, umm isnt bungie software owned by MS? think that might have somthing to do with it going gold so quick.

"Mr Gates, the game is full of bugs, there are some texture problems and the controls are a bit shotty, we'd like a second RC."
"I see. Can you spell 'take-over'? Can you spell 'downsise'?"
"Congratulations sir, the first RC passed with flying colours!"

Well guys.. We're talkin' bussines here, so they're probably done. But! however, I think they both want to hold it back for Chrismas sale, that would, of course, be the smartest think to do.

Frutkola said:
Well guys.. We're talkin' bussines here, so they're probably done. But! however, I think they both want to hold it back for Chrismas sale, that would, of course, be the smartest think to do.
Yes it would. Then me mum and dad could give me the gold package as a christmas present.

Rimmer, some kiddos at the age of 11 - 14 dont have the money to buy HL2. Thats where the chrismas sale comes in handy for Valve and VUG. So of course they're waiting to relaese it. I, personally, think we can exspect to see it in december. That would make a lot of sense.

Frutkola said:
Rimmer, some kiddos at the age of 11 - 14 dont have the money to buy HL2. Thats where the chrismas sale comes in handy for Valve and VUG. So of course they're waiting to relaese it. I, personally, think we can exspect to see it in december. That would make a lot of sense.
HL2 isnt meant for kiddos at the age of 11-14.

Clavius said:
HL2 isnt meant for kiddos at the age of 11-14.
Precisely, and I was serious, I would like it as a xmas present if it comes out in december, I can't afford the gold package meself.

If they want to release it for the Christmas holidays the need to get it on store shelves in November.

But what version did the magazine folks play?
If it was buggy they would have said something no?
I still think Vu are holding the Rc for the legal struggle.

If some of the people who post here work at Vivendi I can see why the RC hasn't been approved.

"OMG GAbe! The G-Mans teeth are TOO WHITE! WTF? I have been doing dentistry for 11 years I know my teeth. OMG!!!!11 GABE Striders can't walk on 3 legs!!! I have a PHD in Biology and Anthropology and have been teaching at Harvard for 20 years! The striders ruin the game for me! OMG!! The shadow bug still exists!!!111 WTF GABE! I have been making games for 15 years and I fixed my shadow bugs!!! LOL WTF? OMG GABE!!!11 The wood doesn't splinter realistically!!111 WTF? I have been a professional wood worker for 6 years and know this.. PLease fix!!11:"

There's a difference between a magazine reviewer playing the game, and a massive QA effort. The testers at VU will be going all-out to find bugs, errors, things that can be broken. The magazine reviewers were too busy trying to pick up their collective jaws to notice.

even if and when they release alot of people will still say its buged to hell, this is buged thats buged. so no matter what they do they will get some people saying that either way (not saying anything bad there)

In the PCG UK issue at the start of the reviews section they say they only review completed Signed-off games from publishers. That went out the window with HL2 didn't it :)

AmishSlayer said:
How long has it been since the first RC was sent in?

Sorry if this has been said before in this post, but I'm not suprised that it took less time for Halo 2 to go gold, as it's on the Xbox, which is a closed hardware configuration, so Bungie only have to write for one configuration and don't have to worry about different video cards, sound cards, internet connections etc. etc.

alehm said:
If some of the people who post here work at Vivendi I can see why the RC hasn't been approved.

"OMG GAbe! The G-Mans teeth are TOO WHITE! WTF? I have been doing dentistry for 11 years I know my teeth. OMG!!!!11 GABE Striders can't walk on 3 legs!!! I have a PHD in Biology and Anthropology and have been teaching at Harvard for 20 years! The striders ruin the game for me! OMG!! The shadow bug still exists!!!111 WTF GABE! I have been making games for 15 years and I fixed my shadow bugs!!! LOL WTF? OMG GABE!!!11 The wood doesn't splinter realistically!!111 WTF? I have been a professional wood worker for 6 years and know this.. PLease fix!!11:"

I'd be laughing so hard right now, but sadly, you are entirely correct...

Iced_Eagle said:
They don't have M$ crawling up their ass if they are late...

lol, i can picture it now.

"ahhh....there's a..a..a...de-lay"

"wtf did u just say"

:LOL:

Tropico said:
But what version did the magazine folks play?
If it was buggy they would have said something no?
I still think Vu are holding the Rc for the legal struggle.

I believe that the developer can tell the reviewer which bugs to ignore on account of them being fixed in future RCs, if there were any.

Pi Mu Rho said:
There's a difference between a magazine reviewer playing the game, and a massive QA effort. The testers at VU will be going all-out to find bugs, errors, things that can be broken. The magazine reviewers were too busy trying to pick up their collective jaws to notice.

More likely, the reviewers were playing on a PC that Valve knew it would run flawlessly on. They did play at Valve after all.

So if they are still testing the game, it can be that the annoying thing of squadmates blocking you can be fixed?

Black said:
So if they are still testing the game, it can be that the annoying thing of squadmates blocking you can be fixed?
There are ways of fixing that ingame. :sniper:

I still believe HL2 is a big conspiracy.. there IS no HL2.. it´s the government trying to keep people in their homes so they can´t see what´s going on outside your house lol...

Inanimate said:
I still believe HL2 is a big conspiracy.. there IS no HL2.. it´s the government trying to keep people in their homes so they can´t see what´s going on outside your house lol...

uh, why?

Aliens cad...they dont want you to see the aliens and there ships outside..they only want you to play inside...
No outside..
Outside is bad...dont look outside..
Inside good...
Windows bad..they see outside..

I don't get it... Once HL2 comes out there will be ALOT of people staying home ;)

VUG is gonna pretend to bug test the HL2 copy (keep the copy for no reason) untill they win the legal battle with Valve... after that they will annouce it gold and produce mass amount of copys

face it the game still has bugs. CS:S doesnt even run on some systems so until thts fixed dont expect a gold announcement.

While I would hope that's what's going on, something tells me otherwise and that it has to do with Valve v. VUG.

Back