I got set up! (Lifes For Sharing)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm coming home from uni today and I'm going through London Liverpool Street, it seemed busy. Too busy. But alas I disregard the busyness and put it down train delays. I check the board for my train time, when some music comes on

"Wellllllllll, you gotta shout, put your hands up and shout..."

5 people in the middle of the station start dancing, and some random guys come up to me and say 'hey what's going on over there!?' I wander over for a closer look to join fellow bystanders. Then...EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE STATION STARTS DANCING. The bystanders, the people who asked us what was happening, elderly people, students, cleaners, people in suits & ties. Unbelievably terrifying and amazingly co-ordinated. They tried to get me to join in but I ran for the outskirts...but everyone was waltzing across the station! I made it to the side with my mate eventually and started to film it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i1sOwgDJMPc

It finished just after that, and I got given a card explaining the event, check out their youtube page: http://uk.youtube.com/lifesforsharing

So anyway, if you want to see me looking like an idiot between 400 people dancing while TV cameras were rolling, it's on at Friday night (tomorrow) @ 9.10pm on Channel 4. I WAS SET UP.

Lol, awesome.

You should have danced, you'll be pretty easy to spot now!

Man, I hate public events like this. They're just pretentious. ooh lets all dance and have a good time everybody clap ur hands hhaa dis so funny.

Man, I hate public events like this. They're just pretentious. ooh lets all dance and have a good time everybody clap ur hands hhaa dis so funny.

You suck.

The world needs more spontaneous song and dance.

When you say that I'm boring, you're absolutely correct tbh.

You suck.

The world needs more spontaneous song and dance.

Technically though, it wasn't spontaneous.

It had the delicious illusion of spontaniety, which is good enough for simple-minded fools like myself.

Personally I would have prefered a musical though.

lol. They're ripping off Improv Everywhere!

Awesome though.

I'd have shouted BOMB!!!!!!! RUN!!!!! ... But i'm just a spoil sport.

God damn loafers get back to work! This is Britain not Rio de Janeiro! TIME IS MONEY, TAX PAYERS MONEY! SHITCOCKS! BLAGRAHRGHSG

ITT: We hate fun

What if you just received a phone call that someone close to you was dying at the hospital, and you were rushing to get there when you get stuck in a public event like this. But hey smile have fun right?

Yes I hate fun, especially public and televised fun

Hehe, that was cool.

I like synchronised dancing, or whatever the hell it's called. Wait, dancing is supposed to be synchronised anyway isn't it.

What if you just received a phone call that someone close to you was dying at the hospital, and you were rushing to get there when you get stuck in a public event like this. But hey smile have fun right?

Saying someone you love has died = Dancing

gj.

I cant watch video but that's pretty awesome glenn, have bookmarked for later viewing

and to the bah humbugs in our community; you're broken inside :E

So anyway, if you want to see me looking like an idiot between 400 people dancing while TV cameras were rolling, it's on at Friday night (tomorrow) @ 9.10pm on Channel 4. I WAS SET UP.

Can you record it and throw it on youtube?

How the hell did they set it up so that you were the only unsuspecting person passing through at that moment...? Or am I understanding it wrong, was it not just you?

Cool stunt though. Like lePobz I think it would have been cool to try and freak them out in return, maybe by lying on the floor and pretending to convulse.

I never would have imagined to see bitch posts when I entered this thread...

Drop your trousers and release a turd, that would have been another good counter.

How the hell did they set it up so that you were the only unsuspecting person passing through at that moment...? Or am I understanding it wrong, was it not just you?
There were a handful of people in the middle of it when the dancing started that didn't know what the hell was going on. But 99% of people there were stooges!

It's set up by some company who has been auditioning people for months in preparation. Apparently the ad is for T-Mobile!? There are videos explaining it on their youtube thingy I linked in OP.

I would have prefered something smaller... 99% of people is overkill.

You didnt dance?!? Bah!

Wish I knew this was being organised, sounds awesome.

Your annoyance is understandable but misguided.

See unlike most NoLife2.net regulars, most human beings are social creatures who go outside on a regular basis to interact with other individuals of the Homo Sapien species.

Doing things together, even stupid things, is considered fun.

Dancing is a bonding ritual between people that helps them relax and unwind so to speak, hence why "going to da club" is such a big deal amongst those too dumb to figure out a computer. Or those who just don't care for them.

Your annoyance stems from the fact your a grumpy shut away, like every self respecting internet warrior. :imu:

Dude, what if someone you love just passed away while you were writing that post, and you wont even know about it because you were at your computer and not with them? But hey make a post on a forum right?

Does not compute Mr. Krynn

Oh, and BAH HUMBUG and that stuff...

This whole thing is epic. I love song. And dance. Wish I'd been there.

Drop your trousers and release a turd, that would have been another good counter.

This did make me lol for about a full minute though. Less for the actual idea of doing it but one, for the words "release" and "turd" and two, for imagining it being televised on TV and totally upstaging the dance and three, for the screams of the people around you as you do it, while the people who haven't noticed still dance.

**** I hate people that have fun!

I'm actually kind of jealous. Lol @ people who hate surprise choreographed dancing.

Back