I have Counter-Strike Source

that low quality stuff looks equal to 1.6 Imo if you can run 1.6 with custom models then css is EASILY playable.

yah i know about the modding stuff but im not that technicall im to afraid that i might kill my card :x

and i have the mony :D ive waited a year to buy a card i first wanted a fx5700 when they said it was 2 times the performance of the 9700pro but that didnt really turn out to be true lol :dozey:

but my nice brother let me lend his 9700pro a YEAR!!! :eek: lol i dont even know why he bought it he rarly playes games anymore (hes only at home in weekends)

the stupid thing is ive waited sooo long for a video card and now theres a card that i want and its uber hard to get :(

vertthrasher said:
Hey I heard a rumor that on the p90 model you can see the bullets go down through a clear mag as your shooting. Is this true (came from a highly unreliable source but hey its hl2 anything can happen)

ill find out for you now, also uploaded few hq pictures, my pcs lags on it though

2.4 Intel P4
256 Inferion 3200
9600XT

http://www.hl2insider.net/cafesource_ktb/highquality/

king, you would be a saviour to about 100,000 people if you posted screen shots of other weps than the ak, m4, mp5, deagle, usp, and glock like everyone else. mainly I want to see the rest of the pistols, the rest of the smgs, and the scoped AR's (aug/552). I really want to see how well the texture quality is and all the effects (like the scopes). Ive heard some weps have 1024x1024 textures which is insane, especially because in valves texture maps NO space is wasted anywhere.

vertthrasher said:
king, you would be a saviour to about 100,000 people if you posted screen shots of other weps than the ak, m4, mp5, deagle, usp, and glock like everyone else. mainly I want to see the rest of the pistols, the rest of the smgs, and the scoped AR's (aug/552). I really want to see how well the texture quality is and all the effects (like the scopes). Ive heard some weps have 1024x1024 textures which is insane, especially because in valves texture maps NO space is wasted anywhere.

no problem, ill do that right now.

k, once you do, this page is going on every hl2 and cs webpage forum that I can find.

Show us a grenade explosion. I know it'll be hugely different in motion, but at least we can see what it looks like. And thanks for doing all of this for us.

Edit: Once you have them, I'll put them on my site and try to take some of the bandwidth from you.

Did someone say MOVIE???

Please make a nice high quality video of the map and show some cool stuff in the video.

hey kschreck I live in PA too. Any cafes with cs:s that you know of? (preferably in western PA near Pittsburgh)

vertthrasher said:
hey kschreck I live in PA too. Any cafes with cs:s that you know of? (preferably in western PA near Pittsburgh)

Not that I know of.

Iced_Eagle said:
I can get the x800 xt for 300 bucks from a good friend but I'm poor and I'm shy about 60 bucks :\ Oh well...

I would've gone for the x800 Pro.. You can flash it in about 30 mins to equal the x800 XT... The only difference is Pixel Pipelines and clock speeds. You can open up the other 4 pipelines in about 20 minutes and then just flash the card with new bios and BOOM you got an x800 XT with Overdrive feature :) But hey if you are rich go for the vanilla XT...

that's only if you get a VIVO x800p or a few others...

AWESOME weapon shots, but i really really wanted to see the fiveseven and the aug. But i can just wait for more random ones.

ive played it so the computer your on it has 9600 xt 128 MB graphica card im thinking of getting that one is it on highest settings when your usuing that card?

his texture settings look lower than other screen shots but it might just be because I am tired.

vertthrasher said:
his texture settings look lower than other screen shots but it might just be because I am tired.

yeah he has REALLY low settings :x

Thanks for hosting the screens Kingthebadger. A reason your game is laggy in High Quality is probably due to your really small amout of system ram. You need at least 512MB if you run Windows 2000 or XP to get decent performance in games. Also, you have a true P4 right? Not a Celeron? Anyway thats the cheapest way to get better performance. Thanks again for the pics.

Homie said:
ive played it so the computer your on it has 9600 xt 128 MB graphica card im thinking of getting that one is it on highest settings when your usuing that card?

medium settings, and yea im gonna get more ram soon

!!!!! THE AUG IS AWESOME!!!!! I can just imagine what they look like on very high quality settings! Btw, what are all the settings that you can change such as textures quality and such.

so when there on medium setting does it run smooth could i get 9600 xt 128mb to run smooth on medium or high with my ram 768 mb 2.0 GHz?

Any difference at all in the sound effects? Overall, Cs has solid weapon sounds, but some of them just have to go. Like the Scout.

The Scout sounds weaker than every other gun in the game(handguns included), despite the fact that IRL it uses the same ammo as an AK-47. Even a .22 rifle makes a decent pop, so to make a rifle that shoots 7.62mm rounds sound like a pellet rifle is UNACCEPTABLE. I'm not saying it needs the Hammer of the Gods thundercrack of the AWP, but for chrissake, give the gun some balls.

Also: the ability to remove the silencer from the TMP would be a welcome addition, or as we call it in R6, the "fartgun."

Wow, those images look awful, even the high quality ones

You must be using an ati gpu with no AA to be getting such awful image quality

Wow, those images look awful, even the high quality ones

You must be using an ati gpu with no AA to be getting such awful image quality
!!!TROLL ALERT!!!

Slam ATi for crappy drivers or openGL performance all you want, pal, but don't think you can just make shit up. The one area where ATi consistantly beats out nVidia is IMAGE QUALITY.

I think the images look OK, if a bit underwhelming, but consider a few things:
1). It's a compressed, still image. The game wiil look much better in motion.
2). It's a BETA. Some features, including graphical effects, are yet to be implemented.
3). Compare those images side-by-side to screens of CS 1.6 Dust. there is no comparison, this looks a bazillion times better.

Mad Dog said:
!!!TROLL ALERT!!!

Slam ATi for crappy drivers or openGL performance all you want, pal, but don't think you can just make shit up. The one area where ATi consistantly beats out nVidia is IMAGE QUALITY.

I think the images look OK, if a bit underwhelming, but consider a few things:
1). It's a compressed, still image. The game wiil look much better in motion.
2). It's a BETA. Some features, including graphical effects, are yet to be implemented.
3). Compare those images side-by-side to screens of CS 1.6 Dust. there is no comparison, this looks a bazillion times better.

Amen to that.

Not to mention the fact that HL2/CS:S are *ahem* optimised for ATI.

he has like... no ram, thats why they look a bit poo imo, he needs like double what he has? ..

KTB thanks for the screens! Were you playing on the *misfits* CS:CZ server yesterday BTW?

Back