I killed father Gregory and took his shotgun!!

N

nibus

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forums, in fact the only reason I registered was to tell you guys about how I accidentally killed father Gregory and took his shotgun, so I apologize if this has already been posted.

I decided to beat the game on the hard setting, and I was going through ravenholm trying to mostly use the gravity gun. Well, in my opinion the most effective weapon with the gravity gun is a radiator from off a wall. (i've killed even the poisonous zombies with one direct hit to the head.) So I took care to bring a radiator with me through all of ravenholm. Well, I got to the rooftop where father Gregory sends the basket over, so I threw the radiator in with me and brought it all the way through the graveyard.

I got to the point where father Gregory opens the gate for you to go to the mines, and I thought, "maybe if I stick this radiator under the gate, it will keep it open so I can go back in and fight the zombies with him when they spawn." (kind of an interesting thought) So I stuck the radiator vertically under the gate and passed through it. Well, apparently the physics engine wasn't exactly sure what to do with this, because the gate went right through the radiator, and the radiator became "stuck" in the closed gate. At that moment, father Gregory came over to talk to me, so I tried to grab the radiator from the gate. Right then something very unexpected happened - the radiator flew out from the gate, grabbed father Gregory and pulled him through the fence, effectively killing him and landing his "annabelle" shotgun right in front of me!! After laughing uncontrollably for a few minutes I tried to re-create the situation. Its actually quite hard to re-create it, unless you save your game right when the radiator is stuck, and then re-load it. Maybe there is something about the physics engine starting back up, but when you re-load the game it always sends the radiator flying out, effectively killing father Gregory (and if you're not careful, harming you as well!). It takes a few tries though to get the radiator to pull him through the fence instead of just killing him on the other side.

Anyway, i thought that was pretty cool! a way to get the annabelle shotgun without cheat codes! (and we all thought father Gregory was invincible!!) The saved games are too big to upload as an attachment, but if someone has some upload space somewhere I'd be glad to email the saves to them.:D

Edit: oops, I guess its Father "Grigori"

look on keyboard options and there should be a button to take screenshots

screenshots

here are the screen shots!

Attachments

• d1_town_02a0000.jpg
    d1_town_02a0000.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,213
  • d1_town_02a0001.jpg
    d1_town_02a0001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,129
  • d1_town_02a0002.jpg
    d1_town_02a0002.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • d1_town_02a0004.jpg
    d1_town_02a0004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,104
LOL nice! not only did you manage to kill him, but it was on accident AND you pulled him through the fence at the same time.

Haha that's awesome! Great find. ;)

I'd definately like to try that savegame out. www.filefront.com <-Register there, it's free, then upload the savegame files and give us the link.

yea definately upload the saved game to us so we can see what happened... cause its kind of difficult to imagine

lmao, "Farewell bro..." *CLANG* Ah nicely done diluted and great glitch nibus, see theres so many odd things which can happen with the physics engine, carrying that radiator all that way unearthed one of them.

When using the annabelle nibus, i believe the ammo is the same as from the .357 magnum, and it has perfect accuracy at any distance unlike the normal shotgun, so try sniping with it :)

Yeah, i just found out its not really a shotgun at all. duh, I should have realized that by the way it looked on the ground... I'll have to try sniping with it.

I wonder if you can kill other characters by using this same technique?

Wow diluted, what are your specs? That video with Fraps was a smooth as playing without recording.

That is awesome, I need to try it. Doesn't his gun share magnum ammo?

But seriously, get a better graphics card. :O

what, you mean my 5700 is out-dated?

yeah, thats next on my list - new machine...

Edit:

I just figured out that I hadn't installed my chipset drivers since my last reformat - and subsequently I hadn't played HL2 since I reformatted... Its running much better now, I have the settings up much higher.... a duh.

and to think... I work IT at my college...

You have a 5700 and all that stuff on low? Wtf I had a 5500 and I could put all that stuff on high except no AA and all that pretty stuff. I had high textures and all. You must have low RAM or something.

lol I posted how to get the shotgun and Alyx's gun sometime last year, and someone posted about it a year before me!

You could always do the "Give weapon_annabelle" Might of spelled it wrong.

Its been known for a while o0

Pauly said:
You could always do the "Give weapon_annabelle" Might of spelled it wrong.

Its been known for a while o0

Yes, it has. But that's doing it with the silly console. It's quite a bit more interesting to aquire the annabelle by killing Grigori with a radiator stuck in a fence.

DannyC. said:
Yes, it has. But that's doing it with the silly console. It's quite a bit more interesting to aquire the annabelle by killing Grigori with a radiator stuck in a fence.

QFT and humorosity, the last part is almost siggable.

What's great about this is it's doing it totally 'legally' in the game. No rules were broken! So cool heheheh

cool, i wonder if itll acctually work on X box... i doubt so... but i did get a pulse gun in our benefactors but couldnt use it, only hold it mabye i can only hold the annabelle but cant use it*Sigh*

This is good - got to love the possibilities of physic engines.

Regarding that video card... the 5700 can definitely run HL2 at medium-high settings. At least in DirectX 8.1 mode, although even DirectX 9 mode is reasonable.

The physics engine on the Xbox version may be more complex. I tried it several times and the gate just shoved the radiator out.

wow, The Glitch Is Awesome, And The Video Is Mildy Amusing aswel

lol, I didn't actually see the video. But I heard the audio and it sounded so damn funny. He gets pwned right before he finishes his sentance. roflmfao

hahahahahahaha, that was hilarious......the way he lands is priceless....

I managed to pull it off after about 15 tries!
grigorideath7cg.jpg

His eyes are still open!

Sorry I am a little late the work looks good with the shotgun. Keep up the great work!

Back