I might be visiting Valve HQ this weekend.

Try & get a group photo of the celebs @ Valve :) Maybe some pics of the secretaries?

Ask about TF2 man, please. Ask why they refuse to talk about it.

You gotta ask them if theres gonna be a beanbag headcrab to promote the launch. That said, any headcrab clothing would be great.

As them if there is a second part to the webcrack thingy they did too.

tokin said:
Ask about TF2 man, please. Ask why they refuse to talk about it.
Yes Ask about TF2,TFC isent fun anymore so i need a new team game.

GET ALL THE INFO YOU CAN ABOUT TF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

eQUIV said:
Yah I thought alot of people were kinda of asses to Merc when he went.

I'm going as a fan, not as a reporter. Much like Merc.

However, I thought if there was a couple fairly common questions everyone wanted to know I would try and ask.
Dod: Source, please please please can you try and find things out about Dod: Source!
We have heard next to nothing so far, and if you could get any info atall I will be forever in your debt!
Also, if you can, a picture would be great!

I want to know about the beanbag headcrab and the contents of the collectors edition. It might be worthwhile to bear in mind that merc was lucky enough to play a game whilst he was there. You might not be afforded the same luxury. however itd be pretty harsh of them since they showed merc...

have a nice time - (easiest request to do :p)
get pics for you first and the community second
try not to drool on the computers themselves (or the valve employees)

bring a notebook with you and write down all the major things they say... this includes random conversations between lets say, 2 folks working in some misterious model/lvl, whatever.. just take lots of notes..

EDIT- oh and have fun (everyone else said this, why not me?)

Tarkus said:
bring a notebook with you and write down all the major things they say... this includes random conversations between lets say, 2 folks working in some misterious model/lvl, whatever.. just take lots of notes..
Or he could try and enjoy his once in a lifetime experience...

AJ Rimmer said:
Or he could try and enjoy his once in a lifetime experience...
he will have fun despite all our requests.. how could he not have fun visiting valve??

EDIT- and i figure that by posting an announcement on his trip to valve in here , he was waiting for some requests from us.. or not?

EDIT2- ah well, i guess i'm just an asshole for asking him to take notes /kills self

Try and find out as much as you can about the collectors edition if you can,

but most importantly have a good time :D

dude take a tape recorder and do a little interview with the man himself and maybe some of the developers, then convert to mp3 so we can hear it too ;) * new idea!!

lure gabe outside the main room by putting some donuts in the door, and get as many info as you can by checking some files and stuff

Yea, Find out about box plans and details of what they plan to put in the collector's edition. Doug Lombardi supposedly knows this stuff the most, just scream all around the offices for Doug and look for a guy that looks up at you. :p

dangerousdarrin said:
Yea, Find out about box plans and details of what they plan to put in the collector's edition. Doug Lombardi supposedly knows this stuff the most, just scream all around the offices for Doug and look for a guy that looks up at you. :p
that would do the trick..

Just look for bugs if you get to play any of the games.

FIND OUT STUFF ABOUT TFC: SOURCE LIKE WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL KEEP ROCKET JUMPING AND CONC JUMPING PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously. I'm a little worried about what they're going to do to TFC... they've already said a few times that they don't like bunnyhopping - that's a fine stance to have with, say, CS and Day of Defeat, but TFC depends on engine quirks like bunnyhopping/concing. I want to have faith that they'll do it right but they've been neglecting TFC lately.

Collector's edition information would be nice, too.

Have fun!

Simple: take a dictaphone or some kind of recording device with you. Tape all conversations you have with people, that way we can get proper, clear answers and not just 'maybe, I can't remember what they said exactly' answers to questions like others *cough* have so far managed. This way we will find out exactly what valve's answers to questions were (as little words can sometimes drastically alter the meaning of a sentence) and you don't have to stand there writing notes furiously (which you wouldn't do anyway).

Then, when you are playing HL2, put the recorder next to the speakers and record that.

Then when you get home, type out transcripts of all the conversations, and edit out the HL2 playing part and distribute it as an MP3 on the net :)

I'm sure everyone will have so much fun trying to work out what all the explosions/gun shots are from etc :)

Depends how co-operative Valve are though, particularly with recording HL2's sound.

Screw that idea, just play the game for yourself

Your going as a person not a news reporter, so just take what you want and just enjoy yourself, a few pics might be nice, but we really dont mind, just have fun.

Well, did he get there or what... And yeah. Hi-res anything would be extremly satisfying...

Holy crap...why are so many people getting tours?

wait a second. THEY'RE RECRUITING!

but for what? what diabolical plan could valve possibly contrive, and pull off simply with play testers and tourists. only time will tell.

But really, try to find out what he meant by his whole release candidate by the end of the month thing.

JohnnyBeverage said:
They should be working around the clock 7 days a week. That game needs to get finished. ;)
yea i agree they should!

just didnt think they actually would :)

marty905 said:
get lots of pics and bring a vid camera too....... unlike merc which took 10 pics

Your a self concerned idiot.

Hope you have fun eQUIV.

I would go go whether Gabe was or wasn't there. Its Half Life 2 I'm wondered about not the MD of the company.

Anyway. Enjoy it. Ask about the collectors

you should definitely ask them if god could make a burrito so hot that even he could not eat it.

If you have a tape recorder, you could use that instead of a notebook. :) I would definately go out and buy this stuff before going to Valve.

Most important "Have lots of fun"if you bring something back like pics or video post it please.

blindvomit said:
Like we don't haven enough already.

I want MORE! Binks, a proper release date, anything! ..or the actual beta!

/me cries

I would like to see a picture of someone being knighted by Gabe...

I want to see a naked picture of Gabe with a camera taping Gordon and Alyx doing it on the Havok engine... oooooo that will show off physics. :O

Back