I think I know who we play as in Portal.

In the video, does it not show the portal gun as a gravity gun also?

I thought this technology was introduced only in HL2?

If it was, it cannot be set in the past...

Also, who said it cannot be in the future.... Everyone is saying Present or past, but future?

i doubt its kleiner, if you download the portal trailer from steam you can see in the end when he is falling you see down on his head and he isnt balld

Kleiner was in his early 50's during HL1. His hair was likely graying by that point. The character, by the ONE SCREENSHOT OF HIS SIDEVIEW, looks to be in his 30s. And why wouldn't Kleiner ever try recreating this kind of portal technology in the future? He's obviously a genius so I'm sure he could deduct what made the gun and try to recreate it. Shit, I could say it's Otis. That character had brown hair and was balding, it must be Otis :|. That's all you guys are saying. Just because the character's balding, it MUST be Kleiner.

PREQUEL FTW.

Besides, Kleiner does not seem like the kind of person who would do well in a dangerous, fast-acting environment while "enduring the most intense pain". He's a theoretical brainy guy, odd, effeminate, and more likely to have spent his younger days reading up on physics as opposed to working out. He's not a likely candidate to survive in Portal's hostile context.

That's what they want you to think. :p

To me, It looks as if you just play as a Combine Soldier. Perhaps someone testing some new equipment.

To me, It looks as if you just play as a Combine Soldier. Perhaps someone testing some new equipment.

Well, htats plausible, but if you look at the soldiers head, you can see the hair has been removed, and parts of teh brain are visible because of certain surgery, so I doubt that.

Hm good theory. But how do you know its even in the halflife universe? source?

In the video the computer says "good luck, and if you dont make it through the TESTING, goodbye" So this is some sort of test, a preperation for the player for something bigger. Shepard where sent to "a place where he cant harm anyone or anyone cant harm him" so that might be this testing place which he has to make it through.

Anyone seen the movie "The Cube" ? (i think it was called) could this be somewhat like that?

Oh and for you who said that "the gravity gun tech was introduced in hl2 so it cant be made before hl2" thats where you are wrong, Alyx says that its a tool invented at BLACK MESA used for moving hazardous materials. So the tech was there, G man might have taken the tech and made it more advanced and used Adrain as a test model to test it in the "testing area".

Hm good theory. But how do you know its even in the halflife universe? source?

Don't have a source on me, but it has been repeatedly stated to be in the Half-Life universe, and the most recent confirmation has been in an interview with its developers. It's on 1up, IIRC.

I made a "theory" section at the Wiki page, if someone wants to add theories go ahead :) Also thanks to everyone on this thread for their views and ideas, the theory i posted is not only mine, but all of those who contibruted to it.

wtf, some bitch deleted it...

I made a "theory" section at the Wiki page, if someone wants to add theories go ahead :) Also thanks to everyone on this thread for their views and ideas, the theory i posted is not only mine, but all of those who contibruted to it.

wtf, some bitch deleted it...

Thats the problem on Wikipedia. Retards will delete a section that hasn't hurt anybody, that isn't fake.

i think its a good theory.. how ever, I dont think i could imagin him running around a test chamber with portal gun doing complex puzzles. my guess is, that the guy in the game... is a complete stranger that we dont know!!! valve has yet to release his identification not becuase they want to surprise us... but becuase they have no name for him yet!!! ha.... i dont know... my guess is that it wont matter, its supposded to be a puzzle game and i dont feel puzzle games need plots or characters..

Well, maybe this Portal Gun was a new breakthrough in teleportation technology at Black Mesa, but when the Resonance Cascade took place, all research was lost. That's why Kleiner is trying so hard at building a teleport BY HIMSELF. Plus, your theory about it being him 10-15 years before Black Mesa? Well think about this, stress causes hair loss and hair discoloring. I would think that being invaded by an alien race and building a teleporter with your bare hands would be stressful enough to loose hair quicker than usual.

ASHP. adrian shep. what does this mean for portal, is it ady in 20 yrs time in one of gmans tests?

valve love fans looking for clues and speculating! keep goin

anyway, its OBVIOUSLY GABE!!!
gabeef7.jpg

Well, looking at the image, I think he could be young G-man. He mastered the portal device, hided it in his suitcase, and used it to do a lot of things. Funny, but not so impossible...

Back