ideas for mods

Keano? Anyway, isn't cyber-punk like system shock 2 or deus ex, and not 'orcs in space'?

Yeah, it's futureistic earth I believe, it's been so long since I've even heard it mentioned hehe

It's just like that Shadowrun game for the Sega Genesis.

Have you played system shock 2? it's bloody brilliant. Anyway, howabout a mod set in a neo-stalinist society in the midst of nuclear war?

No I never did play that Sulk, I did hear it was really good but for some reason I just never picked it up.

Pity. It was like deus ex but without the character interaction. You were on your own, it was better imo and frickin scary.

i whould never in my life write my ideas here :)

I have 4 mods to write in my todo-list :)

Edit:

There is no WW1/2 mod in the list
There is no CS style mod in the list.

Pretty uniqe, eh?

I would like to see a Dawn mod, where everyone is a half naked faery and throw faery dust at each other :)

Nah, I'm definetly gonna do one a bit more real...

Have plans for an X-Com style mod (underwater) though it isnt exactly X-Com, only based on the idea. The one thing I know I'm gonna do is to get rid of everything remotely like a hud. Health and ammo or crosshair will not exist for the user in numbers or bars or dots on the screen. Cant do away with a communication menu though (will be a toggle). Clean screen huzzah :D
Also, got to implement my morale style system, with dynamic health/weapon damage/accuracy dependant on how many friends you have close around you.
But I dont think it would be a SP mod, just coop and CTA (Capture The Area, I hate flags)

That is, if its all doable in Source, but it should be :)

Dont know if anyone else is doing something similar either... Its my first post, I dont know anything.

(edit: And for anyone wondering, no it wont be US soldier-heroes taking on the alien scum. It will actually be the "New Commonwealth" (British, but have parts of the surviving US/Russia/China/etc goverments helping too), its one of the last landmasses on Earth, an island fortress protected by huge plasma cannons, USA was the first country that went down beneath the seas ;))

Down with dubya. But yeah, an x-com mod would be class, as would a The Thing mod.

Originally posted by Newton
It's a punk that's uhhh Cyber.........

No Cyber punk is a world where there are mages, and techno junkies all hopped up with cybernetic upgrades and stuff like that.......Think Johnny Neumonic (the Movie with Keano Reaves) except with other races besides humans, like Orcs and stuff.
*cough*
errmm... you, my friend played too much Shadowrun I think ^^
Cyberpunk has nothing to do with magic and orcs...
But the rest is what you are talking about ^^

RE: your signature, white oni. There are also those you don't understand it but say they do.

back to the cop mods for a second. it would be cool with a morality scale (ala Jedi Knight) that measures how corrupt you are. Lets say you enjoy indulging in a lil' police brutality every now and then. Or maybe you take some PCP to give you the edge over some perps. Things like these would move you toward the "corrupt" end. As some incentive to stay a good cop maybe if you dont break the law you could get promoted. More freedom, higher pay, better sidekick, better sidearm.

A while ago I read a review for Vietcong and realized a Vietname mod for HL2 would be awesome. if done by some veteran modmakers who took their time on it (dont want it to be silly or, God forbid, insulting. the vietnam war is still kind of a touchy subject) It should take some ideas from movies like Platoon and Full Metal Jacket. Make realistic and interesting squadmates that are useful and you actually care about saving. Make the Vietcong very human-like too (so when you enter their village you actually have to think about whether you want to blow away that suspected VC sympathizer) Make a good soundtrack using a mix of the norml dramatic instrumental music in FPS and tunes from the 60's and early 70s.

Originally posted by Sulkdodds
RE: your signature, white oni. There are also those you don't understand it but say they do.
o_O Does such a person exist???

Believe me they do. The things I've seen.. The horror.. the horror...

Hey, nobody has posted for weeks. Where have you all gone?

i was bored so i thought of some stuff...

The Movies

5th element.. (great weapons, great maps, great vehicles)

Desperado (great weapons + vehicles)

Blade (cool weapons + characters)

Spawn (awesome characters + powers)

Men in black (cool weapons)

Ghost of Mars (cool zombies, weapons...did yall see that chrome gun at the end? need i say more?)

Fast + Furious (would be cool with customizable cars, racing for pinkslips and money to supe up your car)

Predator mod (the first movie, army vs. predator...that would own)

XXX (triple x?....maybe)

Judge Dredd (hehe)

thats all i could think of for now...
but i would expect some lawsuits with those ;)...

games that should be remade

duckhunt
contra
road rash
vector man
siphon filter
double dragon
half-life 1 (but i think valve
earthworm jim
mega man
gunstar heros (my favorite classic game may i add ;) )

lawsuits possible with those too

ideas of my own

super hero mod
rapper mod (all the rappers shooting it out lol)

ok im done...

kthxbye

:afro:

How about an MGS-style mod. But no Solid Snake, Raiden, Grey Fox, or Liquid. I could be like you're a new recruit for Fox Hound, and you go on a mission. I think we could incorporate stealth in. But I have no idea how rations or inventory would work, unless I put the inventory in the weapons bar. Oh and it would be SP.

Back