Ideas for next GTA game, what do you want?

GTA IV - 98 Metacritic
AC2 - 91 Metacritic
RF:G - 85 Metacritic
JC2 - 84 Metacritic

Combine them all and what do you get??

The Saboteur - 72 Metacritic

More is not better!

Mixed or Average Reviews |50-74|

Too bad, too; It looked promising. Not to mention it was Pandemic's swan song.

Not too sure about average reviews going as low as 50.

More is not better!
Not true. If they had a talented enough team and pulled everything off properly then there's no reason it wouldn't have been better.

More is always better as long as it's done right.

Not true. If they had a talented enough team and pulled everything off properly then there's no reason it wouldn't have been better.

:|

You can say that about anything.

GTA IV - 98 Metacritic
AC2 - 91 Metacritic
RF:G - 85 Metacritic
JC2 - 84 Metacritic

More is not better!

=================

Universal Acclaim |90-100|
Generally Favorable Reviews |75-89|
Mixed or Average Reviews |50-74|

Averaged scores are not the end all of good games. Nowadays if something doesn't have an 80+ it's isntantly a terrible game, which is just shameful for the review industry.

Or how about "Games are good if done right"

What 63 said... Your statement isn't really saying anything, you're basically saying "no it's not always bad, it's good if it's good"

why is this thread still going? rockstar doesn't need anyone's advice to make a good game. they're just good at it, like valve. in fact, they're ****ing awesome (if you don't count the shitty ports they did lately).

It's just wishful thinking. I'll play whatever they dish out.

why is this thread still going? rockstar doesn't need anyone's advice to make a good game. they're just good at it, like valve. in fact, they're ****ing awesome (if you don't count the shitty ports they did lately).

What? Are you saying that Rockstar created this thread?

No, he's saying it like we think Rockstar whould come check out our thread for inspiration..

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? OF COURSE THEY DO!

Developers read everything. It's their job.

you guys don't know about rockstar employee on here?

Oh hell. I didn't introduce myself.

Hokey - Executive Producer at Rockstar Games

Whoops, forgot to introduce myself, too. Thanks for reminding me Hokey.

MorganFreeman911 - CEO of Rockstar EVERYWHERE.
Now drop and give me 20.

Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks for the reminder, Alex.

Vegeta897 - President of Asia
Your pushups are invalid.

Im thinking a game set in the wild west whould be pretty cool.

i want the bastard child of GTA 4 and Saints Row 2.

Are you jokingly referring to this?:

Or are you being serious?

facepalm.jpg

Horribly boring unfortunately. You'd get 5 stars for holding a knife in public, 1 for shoving someone and you'd be meeting Ahbengs and Mats. Not to mention they'd have to put in a new engine where your player just dies for being out in the heat too long.

I'd really like a GTA Hong Kong.

I seriously think they need to make a GTA where you play a Crooked Cop.

The next GTA should be more FUN

...like the old ones used to be.

Except leave the faux internet thing from GTA IV. I thought the stuff there was pretty funny.

Also, drop the whole "friends" thing with the cellphone. I got irritated with that pretty quick.

Bring back:

the military
unconventional weapons
flamethrowers
miniguns
tanks
harrier jets
apache (hunter) helicopters
rural areas

...and a bunch of other shit Rockstar cut from GTA IV plus new things not in previous games.

the GTA series is in desperate need of a cheat that turns all pedestrians against you with only fists and melee weapons akin to being zombies. obviously it would be too much to ask the world to set on fire, planes to fall from the sky and the textures of characters to turn bloodied and torn, but at least let them run and walk after me to attack me with fists so i can pretend they are zombies.

pedestrians riot cheat is OK for this, but then a good number of them just shoot you, occasionally with rocket launchers.

In the same vein of running stuff over, an open world zombie apocalypse city would certainly be nice.

the GTA series is in desperate need of a cheat that turns all pedestrians against you with only fists and melee weapons akin to being zombies. obviously it would be too much to ask the world to set on fire, planes to fall from the sky and the textures of characters to turn bloodied and torn, but at least let them run and walk after me to attack me with fists so i can pretend they are zombies.

pedestrians riot cheat is OK for this, but then a good number of them just shoot you, occasionally with rocket launchers.

I really like these ideas. Could be a cool spin off. Zombie Apocalypse.

For some reason, you are the only one that is immune to zombification. But you look like food to the entire populous.

Planes crashing around you and shit. Yes, man. I like these ideas.

I don't want them to abandon what makes the game great though. Maybe some others are aren't zombies yet, and give you missions. I don't want it to be Dead Rising, I want them to keep at least most of the GTA formula.

And what about the cars? The game is called grand theft auto after all.

Zombie apocalypse doesn't fit at all into the GTA style, no matter how creative you get.

ITT people dream up games that are based on GTA's engine and sandbox environment rather than an actual legit addition to the GTA franchise.

That said I wish there was a zombie mode cheat code ala knut's description.

yeah, a cheat mode that is secondary and stripped down to nothing more and nothing less is really all i'd want. like i said, not even skins and textures, just folks running about trying to beat me up and i'll let my imagination do the rest.

if i was to ask for more - and this is purely ''i wish'' - it's that this mode wouldn't be secondary and had loads of thought put into it. the thing with having a game that is ''like GTA but actually a zombie apocalypse'' is that it's only the makers of GTA that can do a free-roam populated city/area with sandbox environments very well, which is why there aren't games like GTA but as a zombie apocalypse. if you get what i mean.

edit: well, i guess dead rising is close, but it's very limited in it's scope. some guys from rockstar should spin off and start an annex group with some of the dead rising dudes and oh my god holy shit. /me invests all bank savings

Yes exactly, knut. On all points.

And yeah, I hadn't put more than a minute worth of thought into it... to explain why zombies are being car-jacked.

The whole time, I just imagined the old ladies and other pedestrians gone mad and thought it would be funny. But then you would lose all the hilarious comments that made them great.

only the makers of GTA that can do a free-roam populated city/area with sandbox environments very well

Um? What makes you say that? Not only are there already other games that do this exact thing (Saints Row anyone?), but even if there weren't, what makes you say only the makers of GTA could do it?

Um? What makes you say that? Not only are there already other games that do this exact thing (Saints Row anyone?), but even if there weren't, what makes you say only the makers of GTA could do it?

i don't find the saints row games to be half the games a GTA title is. in preference, i can't think of many other games that have done it to the high standard that i regard the GTA titles to be when it comes to populated cities and sandbox game mechanics, but maybe that's just me.

what i was more specifically talking about is that i think only they could do it is because no one else has gone out to make a free roam zombie apocalypse style of game, and if i had to trust anyone to do it i would like it to be rockstar. i'm not really saying it can't be done, i'm just going by what current games are already out there that involve gigantic environments, populations, attention to detail, etc, i think rockstar is the front runner for all of that, and the only thing close to that involving zombies is probably dead rising.

i'm not really using this as a actual serious debate about the current state of zombie/free roams, but instead basically just saying ''i think the GTA guys could do it really well, and if not them then someone else... except no one else has done it which leads me to believe it's quite a difficult task'' and lord knows the guys at rockstar love their difficult, ambitious tasks.

TBH, I'd love to see more people and cars on screen at one time. not a graphical update with thousands of extra shiny objects, but just more condense urban landscapes. GTA4 was an improvement but its the same improvement over the last one, a nicer looking city. but there was still the same amount of people roughly on screen at one point. I'm talking walking through a crowded street where your bumping into nearly everyone and your being either chased by someone or you fire in the air and people scatter like crazy. now that would be cool

Back