If any of the main characters were to die who would you choose?

I think Alyx dying trying to save Gordon would be kinda cool...

BTW, Sulkdodds, you spelled Alyx into Akyx...

Why do I keep thinking that the one who dies will eventually return as an AI program who will act like Gordie's PDA? That's such a bad thought to have. :-(

I don't know. Why do you keep thinking that the one who dies will eventually return as an AI program who will act like Gordie's PDA?

I'm supprised that people keep reviving my old thread......happy days

Sulkdodds said:
I don't know. Why do you keep thinking that the one who dies will eventually return as an AI program who will act like Gordie's PDA?

Head shrink 101, eh? :)

if you take a close look at some of the xen levels, it looks like the citadel
its a combine xen citadel i think

kliener in hl3? hes gonna be OLD, lookforward to seeing him in a wheelchair

Oh oh.
*Calls in the Anti-BF Squad*

Munro : FREEZE!
BF : OMGWTFBBQ!
Munro : *cuffs*

What!!!!!!! You Havent Finished Half-life 2 Yet?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaahhhhrrrggghaghajjjjjrrraaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

battlefrank said:
kliener last words
"gordon freeman... im gay"

Now that you mention it he looks like a chubbier balding Ted Allen from Queer Eye. His infatuation on 1930's divas is probably not as a crush but more of an "I wish i could be her". He fits the profile.

Killing off Alyx could lead to a very emotional moment. Personally I really love these moments where the main character is faced with someone close to them passing away.
Here's two examples, SPOILERS obviously:

MGS.
If you submit to the torture, the ending was unbearably sad. In the origonal Ps1 version (NOT Twin Snakes) A tear enducing melody was quaint in the background, while Snake was apolagising to Meryl's corpse. That was probably the first time in any film or game that I had actually realised how attached to the characters I had become.

24 Series 2
That one phone call between Jack and his daugter was terribly emotional- Jack is about to drive a plane into a ravine, detonating a nuke onboard, saving millions of lives by getting the nuke out of LA but killing himself in the process. That one phone call, moments before the impact, is heart wrenching. They share little words after Jack explains, but those that are blurted out really hit you. Kim explains how everything she said about him was out of anger, and that he's a brilliant dad, and how she's so sorry- while Jack simply re-assures her by saying "I love you, honey". She bursts into tears, and Jack tells her that he'll always be with her, and hangs up. The music in the background is highlighting the sadness throughout... and I have to admit, I almost cried. But I'm like that.

If there was something like this in HL2- where Alyx was dying and you could only share a few brief moments- it could really be emphasised by the amount of interaction. For instance, rather than a scripted scene, there could be one final choice. Alyx could be in agony, suffering a slow and painful death... and you can either shoot her to ease her pain, then look into her lifeless eyes one last time for making a dash for safety out of the city... or you could stay with her, fending off the onslaught of enemies until the very end- where the Citadel crashes on you both. Just before it comes hurling down, the G-man stops time, and applauds your will to save Alyx. But he also mentions he doesn't have the room for doubts- and puts you back into the moment. The citadel crumples your body, and you crash to the floor. The screen goes red... but the final thing you see under the rubble is Alyx's hand. The player smiles, realising he made the right choice.

Suicide42 said:
If there was something like this in HL2- where Alyx was dying and you could only share a few brief moments- it could really be emphasised by the amount of interaction. For instance, rather than a scripted scene, there could be one final choice. Alyx could be in agony, suffering a slow and painful death... and you can either shoot her to ease her pain, then look into her lifeless eyes one last time for making a dash for safety out of the city... or you could stay with her, fending off the onslaught of enemies until the very end- where the Citadel crashes on you both. Just before it comes hurling down, the G-man stops time, and applauds your will to save Alyx. But he also mentions he doesn't have the room for doubts- and puts you back into the moment. The citadel crumples your body, and you crash to the floor. The screen goes red... but the final thing you see under the rubble is Alyx's hand. The player smiles, realising he made the right choice.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

aww man! that was beautiful!!! ohh the tears are filling up my eyes! boo hoo hoo! :'( :'( :'( :'(

I've changed my mind. I choose Alyx.
oh, and a Vort hit-squad is being deployed to deal with...him *shudder*.

Alyx should have died at the end of 2 in my opinion. She plays ABSOLUTELY no reasonable role in the game whatsoever. Her starring moment was when i thought she had died.

Back