If you could ask Gabe one question....

SLH

Reaction score
...that he would answer giving full and complete detail to what you asked, what would it be?

No HL2 Release date/RC/Testing Time-Scale Questions Please!

Mine would be:

"What aspect of HL2 was the most difficult to implement and why?"

"Is there a seperate HL2 multiplayer besides CS:S or other source ports that will be released at the same time as HL2?"

Neutrino said:
"Is there a seperate HL2 multiplayer besides CS:S or other source ports that will be released at the same time as HL2?"

CS:source is the only port that ships with Half-Life 2.

cant we just email him???
mine would be: "how do the guys at valve create such fun gameplay?!?!?"

What is your favourite aspect of the new engine and what impact do you think this has had on either the development of HL2 or the way it is played?

TheUnkillableDot said:
CS:source is the only port that ships with Half-Life 2.

But whether there is a HL2 multiplayer is still (sortof) in question. They haven't explicitly said anything about there NOT being HL2 multiplay, but they have kept everything a very tight secret and nobody knows anything about it.

What insipired you to make the Half-Life series?

Do you and the valve team really think TF2 will hit it off big because of the combined gameplay brought from TFC and CS?

Kinda on the time side....but not CURRENT release date stuff so I think that's okay.

I would ask, after 5 years plus, what went so wrong with the planning for last year? I mean, 5 years...how could the timing be so incredibly off when you could have announced the game at ANY day at all (since it was secret at that time)?

As for a non-time related question completely...

In order of importance...what makes a great game (to Gabe)? Graphics, plot, sound, environments, interaction, physics....anything else?

Neutrino said:

I'd ask the same thing...

unburdened said:
"how much do you weight?"

wow, how funny :hmph:

anyway: will there be an expansion as a combine soldier?

guchi said:
wow, how funny :hmph:

anyway: will there be an expansion as a combine soldier?
That would be cool. One of the first levels: The Strider garage.

AJ Rimmer said:
That would be cool. One of the first levels: The Strider garage.

lol, or: go around prodding people with shock sticks

why is valve so good with making the games but so shank about releasing them

guchi said:
lol, or: go around prodding people with shock sticks
But imagine it, being in a magasine with about twenty or so striders and boom!- a call for lots and lots of ant lions and voila! twenty striders start to move at the same time. The sight, the sound, the awesome of the scene!

They only said that cs is shipping with hl2 but they never said that there wasnt a hl2 mp built into the game. So hl2 mp is still unknown.

I dont know wat 2 ask him but how about "Have you ever considered making something outside of the hl series? If so what and can we be looking forward 2 new games from valve?"

i'd ask Gabe when Chris_D would be named Valve's official Steam haxor :LOL:

kidrock450 said:
why is valve so good with making the games but so shank about releasing them

... Look at it this way;
Everyone has their good sides and their bad sides.

VALVe rules at creating games, but they suck at releasing them. I can live with that. I'd hate if it was the other way around.

"If I pay you double the price and sign an agreement holding me liable for any details I may give out, can I play Half-Life 2, from start to finish, exclusively in your office for a grand total of 30 hours, starting immediately?"

phantomdesign said:
If I had any questions I wanted to ask Gabe, I'd just email him!
But you'd probably not get full answers. The point of this thread is to ask questions where you'd want/appreciate a really detailed answer.

i would ask him how many hotdogs he can eat in one sitting

my q to gabe would be if he's gay.
for real, id ask him if hed get me hl2 first. or ASAP.

"If I asked you to give me a copy of HL2 before it ships, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?"

Or maybe...

"When you die, do you think Krispy Kream will be able to stay profitable in the Seatle area?"

If I wanted to ask Gabe a question, I would email him, not make a thread..

Back