If you loved Half-Life2 then also try The Chronicles of Riddick

J

johnadaniels

If you finished the awesome Half-Life2 :cheers: and are looking for something else to play try The Chronicles of Riddick ;) !

A must have game! The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut

Soft Shadows, normal maps, incredible lighting, great sound and superb voice acting! This game has it all. And it is a sleeper :sleep:

This is a must have game for any FPS fan and has some of the best graphics of any game I have seen. Doom3 should have been half this good!!!

http://www.riddickgame.com/

PS: This game only cost $29.00 US Dollars

What do you mean wrong forum?

This is Half Life 2 forum and I was making a comparison between Half Life 2 and The Chronicles of Riddick.

I have seen lots of post that compare or talk about other games in the General Half Life 2 forum?

This is exactly what the "General Games Chat" forum is for.

Riddick doesnt hold a candle to HL2, of course. It is, however, one of the years better FPS.
johnadaniels said:
This is Half Life 2 forum and I was making a comparison between Half Life 2 and The Chronicles of Riddick.
"If you like product A, check out product B" is not a comparison :p No worries tho, mate.

Riddick does alot of very interesting things very well.

Definitely expands on what is possible in an FPS.

it uses the doom 3 engine actually... so doom 3 can look this good too :p

all ID needs to do is to release a little patch :p

Got it a few days ago and playing it. Its very good must have for sure.

MoFo said:

It does NOT use the doom 3 engine. Doom 3 looks a lot better.

MoFo said:

No it doesn't, it uses an in house engine. Not the D3 one.

Thank you F|uke.

If Riddick had a full physics system it would have been right up there with Half-Life2 and better in some ways.

Half-Life2 has some things I like better than Riddick but the same goes for Riddick.

2 awesome games that I feel very luck to beable to play.

Especially with a top end system and 7:1 surround sound.

The bad language in Riddick is cool and sets the dark mood.

Sometimes when i load a map my computer restarts whats up with that.

Help please . yes for chronicles of riddick.

johnadaniels said:
The bad language in Riddick is cool and sets the dark mood.
I agree,. it was actually refreshing to hear such unabashed use of foul language.. none of this catering to kids & parent associations crap.. just genuine mature content.

Doom3 looks nowhere as good as Riddick and runs like a beat dog compared to Riddick. The reason Doom3 looks so bad is because there is nothing to see! Maybe they can make a Riddick mod for Doom3 where you can see in the dark:)

Erm, are you a salesperson?

No SimonomiS, but after re-reading my first post and I may need to become one:)

Kazuki_Fuse said:

yeah, I though it was the D3 engine at first, they look very similar

Funny how you are all describing the graphics and nobody wants to comment on the gameplay.

Personally I've heard it is stealthy, so I think I'll be passing on it.

ShadowFox, The cool thing is you can do either or some of both.

Chronicles Of Riddicks is far best of all license games ive ever played. Im interested to know if its based on Doom3 engine? Someone knows? It really looks like Doom3.

like said, it's an house engine, though similar :p

Alieni² said:
Im interested to know if its based on Doom3 engine? Someone knows? It really looks like Doom3.

I don't know if it does use the Doom 3 engine, but the XBOX version has been out for a while and obviously that didn't use a Doom 3 engine, so the fact that it looks similar is just a coincidence.

magictorch said:
I don't know if it does use the Doom 3 engine, but the XBOX version has been out for a while and obviously that didn't use a Doom 3 engine, so the fact that it looks similar is just a coincidence.

Ok, but the PC version looks exactly like Doom3...

If it was longer I would have rated it above HL2. It certainly was a quality adventure though, which I thought held it's own.

ShadowFox said:
Funny how you are all describing the graphics and nobody wants to comment on the gameplay.

Personally I've heard it is stealthy, so I think I'll be passing on it.
there are stealth moments but not in the entire game

the major part of the game is shoot and run,but still is a very good game

I've heard a lot of good things about this game. Im gonna be getting it for Christmas so I should be in for a nice treat.

I liked DOOM 3. Sure, it had its faults but it was still an awesome experience. I think that once they tweak the lighting engine for soft shadows and sharper texturing, then they'll have a winner. I believe its limited only by our hardware at this point. The DOOM 3 engine is on the right path though.

Riddic would suck ass even with physics compaired to HL2.

And you suck at selling things.

Actualy u can play almost the whoal game in stealth if u chose 2. I played it the 1st time just running and shooting and then i played through it sticking to the shadows and shooting out lights and shanking ppl in the neck. Its alot of fun.

So far its ok. It runs like crap anytime theres a battle going on, the shadows gltich really bad, weapons dont feel solid at all, some levels arent well explained and the way to pass them is sometimes underthought as far as level design goes. Those flaws aside its a good atmospheric game that tries many new things. Some parts are definatly fun, but some parts just leave you frustrated and confused.

SnowBall said:
So far its ok. It runs like crap anytime theres a battle going on, the shadows gltich really bad, weapons dont feel solid at all, some levels arent well explained and the way to pass them is sometimes underthought as far as level design goes. Those flaws aside its a good atmospheric game that tries many new things. Some parts are definatly fun, but some parts just leave you frustrated and confused.

hmm...if u were choosing between this game and Bloodlines, which would u choose? :)

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm...if u were choosing between this game and Bloodlines, which would u choose? :)

I had a great time with both, but Bloodlines is still in desperate need of a patch.

yeah i heard this game was like 10 hours...that kinda sucks

Havent played bloodlines yet. Waiting for the price to go down, then I'll try it out. Overall I give Riddick a 7/10. Annother thing that peeves me off is how much of a badass he acts in cutscenes then some weird lame crap happens and you die.

This is a chat about other games, so it goes in the other games forum, just because you mention half life 2 doesnt mean it belongs in the hl2 discussion, since you are discussing the Chronicles of Riddick, not hl2

Had this game for 3 weeks, it still wont install because of prossessor not supporting SSE, many are in the same boat with the devs and publishers giving little or no advise. I hate non-software refund policies.

Turn off 2.0++ in the advanced menu. Set it to 2.0 and you go from 15 FPS to 70+ with no change in graphics, aside from the shadows looking slightly different. Best tweak evar.

I finished the game..and I can guarantee you: If you like fps games, you like this. It totally blew me away.

Half-Life 2 is the better game.. but IMO Chronicles of Riddick is better then doom 3 and Far Cry.

Non-biased opinion here.

Back