I'm stuck! This is truly sad....

S

skenzer

ok, help a middle aged guy out please. I've been trying to get past this area for 4 nights now and I finally give up!
I just fell through a vent and landed in a room where the main floor is a grate, and there is a ladder that leads up and down. Going down takes me to pool of water and the only thing down there is a large round vent in the floor and another large round tube that I can't reach.
Going up the ladder takes me to the ceiling of the main room where I can jump onto a pipe and walk around to an upper level. From that upper level I can over to an adjoining room where there are several pipes running both sideways and up and down. Be bottom of that room is also water filled. There is a large metal fence preventing me from getting into yet another adjoining room.
I have NO idea how to get out of this area! I see a vent opening in the upper wall of the main room that I first described but I can't jump high enough to reach it.
Any help would be appreciated. That is if you can understand where the H#LL i'm at!!
Thanks
Skenz

I think I know where you are at... go to the upper level part. You know where the pipes are? keep on going down a bit, there are so many people stuck at this part, and then after you go down a bit, climb the pipes down. There will be a little valve where you turn it, and the water rises are you can get past that part. Hope this helps! Someone correct me if im wrong, please :)

thats correct, I remember that part...took me a few minutes to figure out that you needed to climb on the pipes......After that part, you have to get across this thing and the only way to do it is to swim down to the bottom and knock the stuff trapped under the wood so it floats up and you can jump on it.....

Thank you! That did the trick. I would like to think I would have eventually found that valve......but I highly doubt it. :)
Skenzer

many people get stuck there, nothing to be ashamed of. Theres been accounts of people dragging many barrels to that fence and stacking them in order to get over it. Long winded but does the job. No shame in asking! Hope you're enjoying the game and welcome the forums, its safer here. That joke is worn so thin now sorry :(

Don't worry, I couldn't find that stupid valve also. I used the barrels, which took about 10 mins to do.

Man, when i got to that part i took the barrels down to the bottom place and painstakingly stacked them to get through the red pipe. That' didnt work at all :(

I never touched the barrels in that part, I just tried jumping around for 25 minutes. How stupid can I be? :(

Boy, I remember how I was at first with this part! I was like: "Damn, I can't find a way out of this room full of pipes!" Then 10 minutes later I was like: "Did I say PIPES?! That's where VALVES are located!" - I remembered that from HL1. I got soooooo relived :)

man am I the only one who didn't get stuck there?

spotted the Valve right away....

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:

I'm with you there. Took me a couple of seconds to figure it all out though..:\

the first thing i do when i enter a room is jump around like a dickhead, naturally i found that valve pretty quick too :D

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:

Me too.

Yeh I got so sick of that area. if it wasent for the fact it such a great game I would have stopped playing.

That was the only part I got stuck on for more than 10 mintues lol. I kept jumping all over trying to do stuff lol.

took me a few seconds to figure it out, and about 30 secs to figure out that route on the pipes to get to the valve, I guess if you didnt spot the valve straight away it would confuse you a fair bit... but to answer somones question the chapter is route canal

the thing is when I got to that valve room I was reminded of the part in HL1 with the toxic waste and where you have to jump around on the pipe-"maze" and those smaller pipes looked suspiciously like steps....so I just jumped on them...

thats correct, I remember that part...took me a few minutes to figure out that you needed to climb on the pipes......After that part, you have to get across this thing and the only way to do it is to swim down to the bottom and knock the stuff trapped under the wood so it floats up and you can jump on it.....

i cant find the valve!

I actually got STUCK at one point.. got lodged between 2 pipes and couldnt get out.. had to kill all those manhacks over again.
But yeah, took me awhile to figure "DUH!" Valve.

Talking about Valve lol, I think it was quite cool how in Half-Life Opposing Force, when you fight the Cyclops Worm thing, the two things you have to activate to kill it are the Valve and the Gearbox teehee... Anyway, back to the topic

Back