Image Dump III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stavros...?

Uncle Jesse?!

That's Stamos

John-Stamos-Photograph-C11813799.jpeg

That's Stamos
Stavros was Uncle Jesse's cousin from Greece, also played by John Stamos. He was a greasy womanizer who went around hitting on Jesse's girlfriend Becky and stole money from the family.

Don't doubt my sitcom knowledge, son; I was raised by TV. :dork:

Stavros was Uncle Jesse's cousin from Greece, also played by John Stamos. He was a greasy womanizer who went around hitting on Jesse's girlfriend Becky and stole money from the family.

Don't doubt my sitcom knowledge, son; I was raised by TV. :dork:

D: /bow

Man I watched that show all the time, and I completely missed that.

2056047195_8add752489_o.jpg

2056046843_4aab1a5122_o.jpg

2056046561_62e115266e_o.jpg

1696779119_7163e6d7b0.jpg

2056044167_ccae12191b.jpg

1518232688_a810c7a7b9.jpg

1800906182_2079c26da1.jpg

2056045219_a54dd9e855.jpg

1627539868_1a7ffd1183.jpg

2056830000_1e48d4c93a.jpg

1485544767_75b98e6818.jpg

1485545229_bb8fb4d727.jpg

says "Please do not touch naked wires with your wet hands. The wires are getting rusty."
1696776999_9a9737cb6d.jpg

1565938811_ff778931a5.jpg

read closely
2055965651_2869e06c1b.jpg

Wow look, the exact kind of "humor" that got the last image dump locked.

Dumb move, Stig.

One person doesn't have to ruin it for everyone. No need to be locked, someone just remove the pic and we'll move on.

Awesome pics giant! I especially liked the "Save -$10 dollars" for some reason.

I've never seen a large JPG...then again, every PNG I've seen is always bigger than the same thing as PNG. Sure a little quality is lost, but on small pictures or something, it's not really that noticeable, and people who are yelling about it are too damn nitpicky :p I've always saved my jpgs through Photoshop, and I've never really noticed any quality loss. But Paint on the other hand....

I've never seen a large JPG...then again, every PNG I've seen is always bigger than the same thing as PNG. Sure a little quality is lost, but on small pictures or something, it's not really that noticeable, and people who are yelling about it are too damn nitpicky :p I've always saved my jpgs through Photoshop, and I've never really noticed any quality loss. But Paint on the other hand....

PNG is much, much better than JPG on pictures with few different colors and large chunks of the same color. Like pictures of webpages and stuff. JPG derives little to no benefit from those two things. JPG is good for complex pictures like photo's.

I just tested it and a pic from a wiki page saved as PNG is 36 KB and has no quality loss (PNG is lossless) and the same pic in JPG is 250 KB and the leters are blurry and the wrong color.

PNG is much, much better than JPG on pictures with few different colors and large chunks of the same color. Like pictures of webpages and stuff. JPG derives little to no benefit from those two things. JPG is good for complex pictures like photo's.

I just tested it and a pic from a wiki page saved as PNG is 36 KB and has no quality loss (PNG is lossless) and the same pic in JPG is 250 KB and the leters are blurry and the wrong color.

Wow, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I'm using Paint to save as Jpg/PNG tests, is that what you're using?

Wow, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I'm using Paint to save as Jpg/PNG tests, is that what you're using?

I use Paint yeah. Paint.NET though :p

Don't have Photoshop installed atm. But normal Paint is absolutely atrocious for everything. It's weird that Microsoft never bothered to improve Paint, not even the option to set the quality of JPG when saving one or anti-aliasing on fonts/brushes, not even in Vista. MS should acquire Paint.NET to be distributed with Windows.

As very knowledgeable person in graphic design (not to mention significantly more advanced CG like 3D modeling, rendering, shaders, scripting, web-design, etc, etc) I have to say that JPG is better in just about every situation. JPGs have variable compression, from lossless to very high compression & given the appropriate settings you can usually achieve the file-size & image quality you're looking for with ease.

PNGs are best for images of text, or very crisp images with minimal color variation.

There may be a little bit of confusion, because some people save directly out of Photoshop, which includes a not of unnecessary metadata including a thumbnail, which greatly increases the file-size. What you want to do in photoshop is File-->"Save for web."

Use photoshop and select the save for the web feature.

In photoshop, I just use the jpg save, and max quality, or knock it to 10-11...Makes it pretty good there.

I might have to try Paint.NET, though.

PNGs have an alpha channel, which makes them much much better in some cases.

Transparency :p

Also, I usually use GIF files because I usually don't need more than 256 colours (srsly). 70KB, Hi-res pics ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back