Image Dump VIII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of my sisters' favorite color is purple. So when I was little, I thought it was a girl's color. Now I realize sports teams use purple, (and that's cool for you I guess) but I've never liked purple, even when girls wear it. Maybe my sisters ruined it in my case, idk. Just sorta hate it. I don't like yellow either, which they often combine with purple. God that's awful.

Yellow sucks. But nowhere near as much as orange. I ****ing hate orange.

Yellow sucks. But nowhere near as much as orange. I ****ing hate orange.

I too hate yellow and orange. I hate yellow more than orange though. They both are my least liked colors.

It makes me wonder... what is it about colors that draws people to them... and repulses them with others. I love blue, but i'm repulsed by yellow and orange in most situations. And some colors are even neutral to me... I don't care about them at all, good or bad.

What is it about the color spectrum that evokes so much emotion in people.

[this is]****ing purple.

sedgepurp.jpg
-

also:

NXcvK.jpg

EDIT: oh come on, raziaar, how can you hate orange? I mean look at it!

sedgeoutrageousmall.jpg

it's lovely!

It's not so bad there... but on things like cars and clothing and stuff... ugh.

I associate color with taste. That Mirrors Edge poster tastes like orange juice.

brb food store

I associate color with taste. That Mirrors Edge poster tastes like orange juice.

brb food store

Funny story... Oranges are my favorite fruit, but I hate most orange juice. Only if it is not made from concentrate and has plenty of pulp in it do I enjoy it.

Otherwise... it's just the whole delicious fruit for me.

Funny how one of my most hated colors... is the color of and shares the name of my most beloved fruit.

Funny story... Oranges are my favorite fruit, but I hate most orange juice. Only if it is not made from concentrate and has plenty of pulp in it do I enjoy it.

Otherwise... it's just the whole delicious fruit for me.

Funny how one of my most hated colors... is the color of and shares the name of my most beloved fruit.

Opposite for me, i cant eat oranges, i only like the taste of it, but eating the actual thing makes me cringe.

This discussion is riveting guys I am enjoying every single post you make

hahah i love the Haters gonna hate meme. Where did it start?

team-laker-logo-capt_sge_gyw92_310707161140_photo00_photo_default-504x374.jpg

I will accept yellow and purple on very few other things.

Purple and Yellow, you seriously can't beat that shit.

I like all colors except for hot pink. That ****er makes my eyes bleed.

1270156940435.jpg

1270150997080.gif

1269725361283.gif

1269719788137.gif

1269710127146.gif

1269698231166.gif

1269473536526.jpg

1269473519887.png

1269472097875.png

1269472065489.jpg

1268014964259.gif

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3381/1269719788137.gif

Too bad this is fake. Not only how completely impossible it would be to do, but the way he "catches" the first football is completely unrealistic.

It's the second catch that I thought was wrong, so I examined it frame by frame. I thought it looked like his hand went through the ball before correcting itself as a grip.

Also, why is the first catch completely unrealistic? Maybe to a scrawny individual like yourself.

r2krd4.jpg

His hand was basically like this and the ball magically stopped.

I realize that he sort of had a palming grip, and that you could hold a football with that grip, but you can't catch one flying parallel to your hand without the slightest slip.

r2krd4.jpg

His hand was basically like this and the ball magically stopped.

I realize that he sort of had a palming grip, and that you could hold a football with that grip, but you can't catch one flying parallel to your hand without the slightest slip.

No it wasn't... It was poised to grip the ball. His gloves probably have extra friction capabilities too.

wu5tvp.jpg

2zh1wcj.jpg

The speed and direction the ball was travelling in completely eliminate any chance of catching the ball with that grip. He'd have to have completely lightning reflexes to even know when to tighten his grip around the ball once it was in position. It just doesn't make sense.

There's no way he could've caught it unless he had like rubber gloves for stickiness.

The speed and direction the ball was travelling in completely eliminate any chance of catching the ball with that grip. He'd have to have completely lightning reflexes to even know when to tighten his grip around the ball once it was in position. It just doesn't make sense.

It's because he's black, isn't it? Maybe if he was some lame ass white "Ninja" catching arrows out of the air you'd believe it!

To be honest, I can't fully tell. The gif lacks enough frames to see how his muscles react. It's literally that one and the next... so I can't be entirely sure.

What I do know though is it's foolish to think it is virtually impossible to catch a football like that. The football isn't moving fast enough to warrant "lightning like reflexes", and as long as his grip is strong enough and his gloves having the rubber dots on it(or whatever other friction gloves), then it will be possible.

You're completely negating the inertia of the ball though. Even if he had the most grippy gloves in the world, the ball would not just stop right in place like that. His hand only made contact with barely one side of the ball, it would continue to move a bit before stopping. His hand would move a bit, absorbing the inertia of the ball. And yes he would need lightning reflexes, because in order to catch a ball with a grip, you need to have your hand more open or relaxed until the ball is in place, then tighten to actually grip it. He wont' be catching anything if he just has his hand in a locked grip position and the ball comes into place.

Vegeta, Raz, you're both expressing your opinions as professionals on all matters relating to football, right?

I agree with Vegeta BTW

What if the ball is slightly deflated. Would be piss easy to catch then and you couldn't tell at that resolution.

You're completely negating the inertia of the ball though. Even if he had the most grippy gloves in the world, the ball would not just stop right in place like that. His hand only made contact with barely one side of the ball, it would continue to move a bit before stopping. His hand would move a bit, absorbing the inertia of the ball. And yes he would need lightning reflexes, because in order to catch a ball with a grip, you need to have your hand more open or relaxed until the ball is in place, then tighten to actually grip it. He wont' be catching anything if he just has his hand in a locked grip position and the ball comes into place.

Is there enough frame footage there for you to ascertain that none of that happens? Also... what of the fact that the football is light in relation to his body mass, and his rather developed muscles can be used to suddenly stop the ball with the energy being transferred to and absorbed by the resistance of his arms and shoulders. How are you to dictate how far his hands would move if you don't know how much effort he's putting in to stop the ball? And also how are you in a position to say that he couldn't have the reflexes needed for such a feat? More amazing things have been done than that in the realm of reflexes and catching things.

I'll admit that I think the video is fake... but not due to that little bit. It's the other two catches that look most suspect.

Does it have a mouth within it's mouth?

Er, nvm, I guess the top jaw isn't that huge thing on the outside.

You said yourself there isnt enough frames. Look at the two pics posted, the ball travels a few inches in 2 frames, so maybe the stopping distance the ball travelled in his hand was cut out as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back