In 6 years time...

GFX might continue to get better, but with it AI has to get better, and good storylines (I hate you the person who ruined HL2 on iRC for me!) need to be constantly created. Think Myth or HL1 or, i dunno, Max Payne. All realy good stories IMO. To a certain extent, gameplay and story will be king, SURE graphics has a MASSIVE role to play, but whats the good of playing a graphics sim?

If it doesnt have a story (Most driving games) It NEEDS good gameplay (PGR2, GT3)

My rant

-Q

Well, there is one problem we propably overlooked here.
All those things need to be programmed. Look at your desk, I sit here with a computer, an oszilloskop(oscilloscope?) a bunch of wires and a Queen DVD.
All that should be programmed to be reallistic, all the spray cans, all the everything actually.
So there are a lot of things to do when it comes to "real". And well, real does not appeal to me. If i'd really like to have my stuff real, I'd play real life instead of half life.

Just tink about the effect it would have on kids if games where that real when someone takes a few shots in the head litterally bursts open?
Nowadays kids have problems with pc-games. How will it be then?

Back