Infinite Ear Ringing Tone Problem

Death Owl

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

For awhile now I have been experiencing this problem. I would join a server and play as normal but after say 30 or so minutes I would get killed with an explosive of some sort (rocket, grenade etc) and the ear ringing tone would never finish. It would just keep going until I exited the server and on rare occassions lag has stopped it. It's quite annoying because I either have to mute the sound or just quit the game.

I am not sure what to do about this. Is there a command in the dev console to refresh the sound maybe?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Go into your steam games list, right click HL2: DM, go to properties, local files, and 'verify integrity of game cache'.

This may or may not fix the problem.

Hmm... It didn't seem to make a difference, but thanks anyway.

Updating your sound card drivers might help.

EDIT: You can also try different sound settings, try setting sound quality at "medium" (you shouldn't see a difference unless using head phones).

I don't know if it works in source engine, but in hl1 based games typing "stopsound" in the console stops all sounds.

Just to be clear, it doesn't mute the game, it just kills all the sounds that are currently playing, so as soon as its used, all the normal sounds (Gunshots, footsteps etc) will start again.

Aha! I have managed to fix this by pressing Alt + Tab and then going back into the game. :E

Back